• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vivi nova question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
Up North
mine was leaking 2 days ago too, it was in my pocket without the battery so it could have tilted upside down or something, well it didnt really leak out, when i took it out of my pocket the juice was already at the tip of my drip tip.

i realize you need to somehow align the silicon piece on the coil head and the metal cap, mine doesn't really leak now but when i suck too hard, i still get some juice inside the drip tip, just have to use some tissue to clean it once in while.

Yes u got it right the top cap must sit properly on the rubber cap of the atomizer. If it does not than the rubber cap might got flatten a bit to create the gap.

benjabin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Sloth sanctuary
you need to dry burn it everytime after cleaning the tank to clear the gunk from the coil head...

I dry burn until glowing 1 time and then add my juice, prime the wick (some e juice gets in the airflow tube but i blow it out) then start to vape but the smell and burnt taste is so strong. am i doing anything wrong?

mavieboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
SG
Hi all experts. Does anyone experience no air flow on vivi nova? When I first use it, it was great, but as e days go by, it seems harder n harder to vape. Anything dat I shld do to get back e air flow?

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Spent some wise money get a rebuildable atty, problem solved

Dear aunt agony,

I'm trying to rebuilt my vivi tank, and need some pointers.

First off, seems like I need kanthal wire. Where can I get it? Some hardware shops don't even know what it is. -_-'

Secondly, does the number of coils affect the taste of the juices? Does 4coils or 5coils around the wick matter? I read that u need the multi meter, so how does that help? (I believe more coils = Lower resistance = better taste?)

Lastly, mine is pretty much giving off a burnt taste all the time. Luckily I have got spares, Atleast I can still vape my ecto chill away. But I really want to give this rebuilt vivi a new life.

Hope you could help me out.
Sincerely new vaping kaki...

Oh happy chinese new year! Huaatttt ahh!

Domtine

Lim Peh
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
North Korea with Disneyland
Dear aunt agony,

I'm trying to rebuilt my vivi tank, and need some pointers.

First off, seems like I need kanthal wire. Where can I get it? Some hardware shops don't even know what it is. -_-'

Secondly, does the number of coils affect the taste of the juices? Does 4coils or 5coils around the wick matter? I read that u need the multi meter, so how does that help? (I believe more coils = Lower resistance = better taste?)

Lastly, mine is pretty much giving off a burnt taste all the time. Luckily I have got spares, Atleast I can still vape my ecto chill away. But I really want to give this rebuilt vivi a new life.

Hope you could help me out.
Sincerely new vaping kaki...

Oh happy chinese new year! Huaatttt ahh!

For Kanthal, ebay is your best friend. They have mesh, kanthal, NR wire, wicks all the legit stuff. Unless someone got some local source they can point out. I got mine from ebay.

A multimeter would be nice, you can get a digital one for under $30 in SG. Once you get the hang of it you can roughly gauge what is the resistance like without the multimeter.

For Kanthal, ebay is your best friend. They have mesh, kanthal, NR wire, wicks all the legit stuff. Unless someone got some local source they can point out. I got mine from ebay.

A multimeter would be nice, you can get a digital one for under $30 in SG. Once you get the hang of it you can roughly gauge what is the resistance like without the multimeter.

Thanks brudder for the tip.
Did some checking online for more detailed info and found this thread. Might be a useful guide for now. Still trying to find my own roll of kanthal. These wires come in various diameters and stuff so still a long way to go for me.

I also notice that the lesser coil turns I have on the wick, the more harsher the throat hit gets and lesser taste. I'm just assuming the more coils, the more taste. Still unsure about how the coils will affect vapor production though. Only way is to find out I suppose. If only I could find the wires at 7-11. Hic! (Too much oranges Liao)

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Han-solo, You might wanna try pushing in the thickest amount of wick possible..... Thin wick burns out fast. Secondly, your juice could be a little too thick. Some of my high VG juices benefit from a few drops of vodka or gin. I heard water does fine as well. You would be surprise how smooth evrything wicks a little diluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread