Vivi nova v2.5 cotton rewick issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got my lazy ... to rewick the vivi nova atomizer heads. It was actually incrediblely easy btw. I used 32awg nichrome wire and a 2"x2" piece of cheese cloth. With 6 turns of wire i was able to pull out a resistance of around 2.1 ohm.
The only thing is, I'm finding myself having to turn up the voltage on my lavatube to around 5 volts to get a decent vape. I'm thinking its because the cotton is absorbing more liquid than the silica, but does anyone else find they have the same issue?

nnote

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Mesa
Same...
When you took the original coil out of the head you probably noticed the coil feet had non-resistant wire soldered on to prevent burning the rubber seal. With those non resistant feet, all power got put right at the actual coil and wick. I think without the NR feet the legs of the coil heat up first and the coil doesn't get as hot, even though the ohms are good.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
We are talking about Vivi Nova here, right? There is no NR wire soldered to the coil. If you've got one that has it from the factory, I'd love to see some pictures. The legs on the Vivi Nova coil are VERY short. Also, how would the legs heat up before the coil, why would they do that, and and even if they did, why would that keep the coil from getting just as hot?

Sicarius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
NZ
We are talking about Vivi Nova here, right? There is no NR wire soldered to the coil. If you've got one that has it from the factory, I'd love to see some pictures. The legs on the Vivi Nova coil are VERY short. Also, how would the legs heat up before the coil, why would they do that, and and even if they did, why would that keep the coil from getting just as hot?
The coil has the liquid to cool it down where the legs don't. The coil still heats up, but at a slower rate than the legs.

munchichee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2012
Houston, TX
The first vivi nova head I took apart looked as if the legs were made of NR wire but they were definitely not soldered. Unless they used some microscopic soldering method I'm unaware because there wasn't a joint. The wire on the legs was shiny and thicker than the coil but my first thought was that it was like that from getting hot or dry burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread