Vladdin RE

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
I just saw this weekend that the Vladdin pod system now has refillable pods. I have not tried this system at all, but when i saw initial reviews, it was a closed pod system. It reminds me a lot of the Phix, but has a standard USB port to charge. I went a head and ordered a kit that comes with a refillable pod. Has anyone had any experience with this system? I will post my thoughts once I get it. Hoping the draw on it similiar to the Phix. The only down fall I see is it has ceramic coils, still not sure how I feel about that.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Have you seen Daniel's video yet? It sounds like the Vladdin RE is his favorite pod system. Mine comes in a few days.

I did watch the video but I like lots of feedback. In general, Youtube reviewers tend not to be very critical. For example, I bought the Ishare based on Daniel's review. And I wish I hadn't--haha! I would have been much more critical. Nothing against him. He's one of the better ones. I especially like when he disassembles stuff and shows the parts. I just want opinions from you guys.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I did watch the video but I like lots of feedback. In general, Youtube reviewers tend not to be very critical. For example, I bought the Ishare based on Daniel's review. And I wish I hadn't--haha! I would have been much more critical. Nothing against him. He's one of the better ones. I especially like when he disassembles stuff and shows the parts. I just want opinions from you guys.

Well I ordered two and they came three hours ago. And I am shocked that nobody, I mean nobody mentioned that the LED is actually a high beam headlight. Geez is that thing bright. I covered it with one of my fingers and I can see my blood vessels lit up. :shock:

Anyway, I could live with my blood vessels lit up. I didn't have any 50/50 nic salt juice so I ordered some. It's MFS Strawberry Milk 50mg. I hate testing some new device with a juice I never tried before. But I got two and thrown in 70VG 12mg freebase in the other one which I know how it should vape and taste.

Well the 50/50 one tastes like some artificially hard candy flavor. They say strawberry milk. Really? Did they actually taste a real strawberry in their life before? Sure I would call it some sort of a bad artificial berry flavor at best. But that is neither here or there. So I chained vaped it and it preformed beautifully. Not sure if the flavor is true or not since this is the first time I have used this one. But the flavor is plentiful for sure.

The second one loaded with the 70VG one which I vape a lot. Ouch! Flavor is there, but muted like by 40%. Vapor is almost reduced by the same amount. But these are not made for anything other than 50/50 anyway. Chain vaping 70VG is out of the question since you get drier and drier towards a dry hit. So if you are going to take a big hit every 30 seconds or so it is fine.

The mouth piece is really great for your mouth. Instead of making most round, they should be more like this one. :) And as far as Daniel, I agree 100% of what he claimed about this one. :D

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Finally got my unit in today. I really like this system so far. I am a bit concerned about the ceramic coil, but at this point I am assuming it will be ok considering so many companies are using them. My juice does taste different than in the minifit or myjet, but not in a bad way. I love the draw on the Vladdin, to me it is almost exactly like the Phix, which I really liked, but I am not into nic salts all that much. I am using 18 mg Easy Vapors tobacco in it and so far I am loving it. I am really hoping to get at least 5 re-fills out of each pod. The myjet is still my favorite, but really expensive as I can usually only get 2 refills per pod. I love the minifit too, but I am having a hard time getting use to the airy draw. I have ordered another Vladdin kit and more pods, I am hoping this can be the one to move on from the myjet as I love the pod systems. Going to need at least 2 batteries to get through the day though. But so far, no leaking, no moisture around the pod or battery which I really hope continues. When I get more pods in and have a chance to use it more on a full time basis, i will report back, but so far, this is a winner.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
... And I am shocked that nobody, I mean nobody mentioned that the LED is actually a high beam headlight. Geez is that thing bright. I covered it with one of my fingers and I can see my blood vessels lit up. :shock: Anyway, I could live with my blood vessels lit up...

Here's finally a pic online that shows how bright that LED is. :lol:

vladdin-charging.jpg

The rest of that review can be found here.

http://www.ecigclick.co.uk/vladdin-pod-system-review/

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Does it really matter @newyork13? You know it will last through about one pod anyway. Juice level is better to gauge the battery than those silly battery lights are anyway (empty, med, full). I sometimes cheat and quickly plug it in with an USB current meter and I'll know what state of charge it is anyway (by the ma of current). And worse comes to worse, carry a spare battery. Might as well throw on a spare filled pod as well. :)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I've used the Smok Infinix for several months and the indicator is so poor that it basically has no indicator at all. The LED blinks 15 times when you've only got 1 or 2 extremely underpowered puffs left. It's manageable but I do prefer a 3 stage led color change. I'll often top off when convenient so it would be tricky and I'm absent minded about vape stuff so the indicator helps. If I didn't already have the Infinix, I might choose the Vladdin instead. But I'm not in a rush since I have several devices... and a stockpile of those Myblu kits --haha!

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
So far so good with the vladdin in limited use. All I have right now is the one kit and pod, have another kit and pods on the way. It is a little less powerful of a hit than the myjet, but I think I like it. I need to find another pod system since it's harder to find cheap myjet pods and if you order from my vapors directly, they have redesigned the inside of the pods to where it's nearly impossible to get it back open to refill. I have had good luck with the minifit, just not sure if I like the airy draw, but it does give that thump where I the vladdin is lacking a bit. These are my all day vapes, using 18 free base 50/50 nic. Nic salts make me cough for some reason, so I stick with free base nic. So now I just gotta see what is more important to me, the nice tight less powerful draw of the vladdin, or an airier more powerful hit of the minifit. Tough choice, I like them both, although the myjet will always be my perfect vape, I go through too many pods to buy the new redesigned ones

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    I need to find another pod system since it's harder to find cheap myjet pods and if you order from my vapors directly, they have redesigned the inside of the pods to where it's nearly impossible to get it back open to refill.
    Any chance you could post some pics of old/new on the MyJet thread? tia.

Reactions: stols001

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Does it really matter @newyork13? You know it will last through about one pod anyway. Juice level is better to gauge the battery than those silly battery lights are anyway (empty, med, full). I sometimes cheat and quickly plug it in with an USB current meter and I'll know what state of charge it is anyway (by the ma of current). And worse comes to worse, carry a spare battery. Might as well throw on a spare filled pod as well. :)
    I actually replied to your post yesterday, saying that I hadn't thought about the juice level vs battery level, and that was smart of you.
    For whatever reason my reply never went into the posting stage. Who knows.
    I also mentioned that I carry a Juul around with a Breeze2 to back each other up, just because they're so portable. Though at home I stick with heavier more costly RTAs. But, I've never thought the Juul juices were very good, so looking at refillables with whatever I want to put in them.
    Anyway, I ordered a Vladdin from DNA and we'll see how it goes. I'll let you all know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread