billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Yes, the SmokTech VMax is certainly a very powerful APV that has won over a lot of folks.

Another candidate would be the Young-June Vtube Chrome v2.0:

• Very well-built, with triple-plated chrome over brass
• 3.9 amp limit
• eGo-style top connector
• powered by a single IMR 18650 rather than stacked 18350s
• much more user-friendly three-button adjustment layout (much better than the VMax's more awkward single button morse-code menu system
• heavy---weighs a full ounce more than the VMax
• vapes beautifully

Also, Young-June fixed the power-off zombie-low-voltage-mode glitch of the v1.5t for this new 2.0 version.

CrystalClearVaping has them both, the VMax for $95.50 and the Chrome v2.0 for $68.85, with free shipping.

And one additional alternative: If you don't mind not having atty/carto resistance checking and a different form factor than a metal tube, the Ovale v8 is another great choice. Like the VMax, the PWM implementation in the Ovale provides a kicked-up vaping intensity that seems considerably higher than the voltage setting. In other words, it hits like a freight train, and at seemingly lower voltages. The V8 is light, comfortable to hold in the hand (especially with the rubberized coating) uses the same paired 18350 batts as the VMax, and costs a mere $30 plus shipping from DiscountVapers. Very hard to beat for the price.

You could buy both a Chrome Vtube v2.0 and an Ovale V8 for just a couple bucks more than the VMax alone.

For the sake of full disclosure---yes, I own all three of these VV devices, and I like them all, although the Ovale is getting the most use right now because it's my most recent acquisition and I'm sort of enamored with it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Awesome!!! Do you know if ccv is selling the v2 vmax?

I assume so, since the v1 VMax ended production awhile back. I got mine in mid-June from the Co-op buy on another forum, and it's a v2.

The only way to get a v1 would be used from the classifieds, but I'm happy with my v2.

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
I assume so, since the v1 VMax ended production awhile back. I got mine in mid-June from the Co-op buy on another forum, and it's a v2.

The only way to get a v1 would be used from the classifieds, but I'm happy with my v2.

I saw a German site last week that had both V1, V2 and V3 vmax in stock (the V1's were cheap as hell)

I bought a V3 in stainless steel (not sure what the difference is between v2 and v3 though)

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
The chrome is also the version 2 and has the new button, at least mine does...

Really...I was hoping to get a chrome one too but wanted the newer button. Where did you get yours?

but are the MADVAPES one STAINLESS????? That is the $89 question!!!

Madvapes is pretty good about showing the correct product pics....the one pictured is the SS. Why the frowny face Mad Max?

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just curious if anyone actually read the description from their website? This is the description they have.... I would assume it is stainless if they took the time to put it in the description.... Not really sure about the Rev 4 though!!!!!!

Description
Vmax Variable Volt APV, Rev 4

This is a variable volt APV, made by Smok Tech, that takes vaping to the next level at an affordable cost. Adjusts from 3.0 to 6.0 Volts. Stainless steel with a polished finished. 5 amps maximum output. Test your battery voltage or the resistance of your cartomizer or atomizer with the built in display. This APV does it all. In addition, our Vmax has a native eGo style connector that allows you to use both 510 and eGo style cartomizers and atomizers without adapters.

The eGo style connector does not have outside threads but typical eGo style parts fit flush down into the recess that is around the connector. 510 Tanks and other a similar 510 items will screw in and be almost flush with the top.

Will accept protected Li-Ion 16340 batteries or IMR LiMn 18350 batteries. Never use non-rechargeable batteries in any device. Only use the recommended batteries for this device.

All adjustments and settings are made with the push button switch including a setting to turn your Vmax off.

Includes instructions manual in English.

90 Day warranty for device failures under normal use.

Cartomizers, tanks, batteries or other acccessories shown in the photos are not included. This is for the Vmax unit only.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Ah yes, I can hear the sound of the top opening again on the proverbial can of worms: ProVari or VMax? Which is better? And now the Young-June chrome v2.0 Vtube heavyweight appears on the scene to challenge Godzilla and Rodan! (or Predator and Alien, to use somewhat more recent example). It's the epic Battle of the Fanboys!

Snowylady

Mar 24, 2012
Irving, TX
I bought my VMAX 2weeks ago after trying the Smokeless Image Volt X2 with clearomizer and the EGO C-B size (larger capacity). I have only been vaping since March (smoked for 43 years and have been Analog free since March 6th) and I love my VMAX. I will admit the thing scared the h... out of me at first because I have never used a DCT tank before and ruined 3 carts the first week but after going back to the shop a couple times, they got me straightened out and I am 100% satisfied with mine. Of course, I did tell my husband that I want a Provari for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread