VMod 2.0 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive think Ive spent the last two days reading every VMod thread here.....(granted I only got 30 pages into some of those threads) but everyone is posting how they can use other cartos/attys on these so I pulled the trigger and got the 2.0 because 650 mods are usually too big for my hands.

Anyway, I spent the weekend trying to work with the atty that came with my kit -- with no luck. Maybe I got a bum one....or maybe I am so use to higher end attys that this seems like a dud. I dunno. But I tried using some of my other attys I have here and couldnt get it to fire.

I then tried to use my Boge cartos since Ive been pretty picky with cartos as well, and they wouldnt fire either.

Do I need to use a special adaptor for these to work? If so, what kind?

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's regular 510 connection, so no adapter is needed. The fire button might be in the OFF position - rotate it clockwise and see if that helps. Good luck!

I havent turned the VMod off into that position but it just worked on the horrible carto that came with my kit....and the Boge carto fires on my other mods.

trouble1000

PV Master of Valinor
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Rochdale, Lancs, GB
www.puffin-eliquid.com
Have you tried the AMG hybrid atty that came with the kit or the silo cart ?

When I first got my Vmod mini, tried the silo cart first and hated it. Replaced it with the AMG hybrid atty and the difference is night and day. Once this atty is set up right, it vapes almost as good as a dripper.

Must admit, it took me a couple of days to find out how not to flood it or get dry hits. The secret is not to overtighten anything, not to overfeed the atty and give everything a good clean once a week. I use my Vmod at work (along with a KTS+) 5 days a week. One of the attys will last me at least 2 months :thumbs:

Have you tried posting on the main Vmod XL thread, there's some really helpful people over there.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
So the battery's good and power is getting to the connector. It sounds like the center pin in the vmod connector isn't reaching up enough to make a connection with most 510 cartos and attys. One test you can try is to remove the top cone, the shell and the threaded piece that screws in to the body. At that point you can see if one of the regular cartos will work and possibly thread in a little more. I'm not sure how to raise the center pin in the Vmod safely, but it may be what's needed.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you tried the AMG hybrid atty that came with the kit or the silo cart ?

When I first got my Vmod mini, tried the silo cart first and hated it. Replaced it with the AMG hybrid atty and the difference is night and day. Once this atty is set up right, it vapes almost as good as a dripper.

Must admit, it took me a couple of days to find out how not to flood it or get dry hits. The secret is not to overtighten anything, not to overfeed the atty and give everything a good clean once a week. I use my Vmod at work (along with a KTS+) 5 days a week. One of the attys will last me at least 2 months :thumbs:

Have you tried posting on the main Vmod XL thread, there's some really helpful people over there.

Ive tried using the carto and atty that came with the kit and they both taste like crap. Im used to using cisco attys and Boge cartos and anything else doesnt taste too good. I have the lousy atty it came with and it does fire and isnt dry. That isnt the issue. The issue is the actual atty tastes pretty disgusting and has hardly any vapor production. I cant post in that thread because its hundreds of pages long.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So the battery's good and power is getting to the connector. It sounds like the center pin in the vmod connector isn't reaching up enough to make a connection with most 510 cartos and attys. One test you can try is to remove the top cone, the shell and the threaded piece that screws in to the body. At that point you can see if one of the regular cartos will work and possibly thread in a little more. I'm not sure how to raise the center pin in the Vmod safely, but it may be what's needed.

I will try this and get back to yall. funny thing is, my Boge carto connection looks longer than the atty that was in the kit.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Ive tried using the carto and atty that came with the kit and they both taste like crap. Im used to using cisco attys and Boge cartos and anything else doesnt taste too good. I have the lousy atty it came with and it does fire and isnt dry. That isnt the issue. The issue is the actual atty tastes pretty disgusting and has hardly any vapor production. I cant post in that thread because its hundreds of pages long.

This is the Vmod thread. It's only about 550 posts long. I posted in it last week and it was fine.

Best of luck with your PV!

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is the Vmod thread. It's only about 550 posts long. I posted in it last week and it was fine.

Best of luck with your PV!

:) What I meant was my computer sucks and it takes forever to load so I can get thru to the end to post. LOL

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Okay, SOME progress. I was able to get my cisco atty to fire but I had to take the VMod apart -- I still couldnt get the Boge to fire, even after playing with the center pin of the carto.

I just cleaned teh VMod and am allowing it to dry now. Ill look into the actual unit to see if something is amiss once its dry.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Ive read a lot of reviews that said the attys and cartos that came with it really bite. I might need to read this thread through again but did you say you tried it with another brand of atty or carto? I guess the attys they use just aren't great especially when your used to higher quality attys.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive read a lot of reviews that said the attys and cartos that came with it really bite. I might need to read this thread through again but did you say you tried it with another brand of atty or carto? I guess the attys they use just aren't great especially when your used to higher quality attys.

IMHO the atty it came with has little flavor, but I have been using HH357 and other cisco spec attys for the last few months.
I started using smoktech cartos in carto tanks when I first started vaping but have since moved to Boges because the flavor is much better.
The carto the VMod came with doesnt compare even to the smoktech cartos I used to use.

But again, that is my opinion.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I'm not sure, but I don't think that the atomizers in the kits sent with the Vmod are the AMG pro spec Slant Coil atomizers. They only come in 2ohm and 1.5ohm...and are available on the Vapage site. You have to look close to be SURE you get the Slant Coil (also called "shifu"...but not on the Vapage site). The "Shifu" atomizers are among the best out there. But the ones in the kit are 2.4ohm I believe and I agree, they didn't work so good. However the slant coil shifus DO...they are amazing and are even better than the Cisco LR 306 atomizers that I've also used.

The Silos are fine, but like most cartos...you have to "break them in" a bit. Just puff without inhaling several times to clear the primer and they are very good cartomizers. I have also used Smok super shorties and Boge on the Vmod with no issues. Not sure what is going on with your Vmod, but in the instructions it does say right off to WASH the chassis...so that would be one place to start.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Whatever these attys are, they are crap. They look like they are bridged so Im not not if thats where slant is coming from. But all I can say is that Ive direct dripped with alot of attys and these taste even worse than the cheapie 510 attys I started vaping with. I am not a novice with dripping and understand break in period, but I should not still have to break in an atty for 3 days to get a decent taste.

I have since tossed that atty out in the trash and am using my cisco atty in the VMod without an issue.

I just wish my Boge cartos would work in it because the carto that came with, I would never purchase willingly either.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As I said...the atomizers that come with the KIT are NOT the Shifu slant coil atomizers.

I also said to "break in" the Silo cartomizers.

Slow down a bit. We're trying to help.

First off, I got the VMod because I read they would work with the cartos and attys I already love. I have NEVER known a carto to need to be broken in....Atty yes, carto no.

If I cant get my Boges to work, its not an issue. I like cartos by themselves as well as in a tank. I got a bottom feeder so I could be on the go and still get my dripping fix. You apparently like the cartos and attys from vapage, and I apparently do not. Its not that big a deal. You have your preferences, as I mine.

I like cisco attys (and stingrays) and they work on this device - so its all good.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Hopefully it'll get better...or you may have to consider using your warranty and getting a replacement device. After reading your posts and thinking about it some, I remembered a thread I started back when I first got my first Vmod. I sounded a lot like you! Was so frustrated and disappointed! Anyway, I went and dug up that old thread from several months back. Thought you might get a chuckle out of it. And things DID get better. I love my Vmod now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-kit-houston-we-have-problem.html#post9105158

The first post is mine..and the one where I was expressing my frustration.

(BTW..NOT that this is your case, but in mine it was a crappy Vapage battery that was shorting or over hot or something. Tried a different battery and everything smoothed out.)

Last edited:

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hopefully it'll get better...or you may have to consider using your warranty and getting a replacement device. After reading your posts and thinking about it some, I remembered a thread I started back when I first got my first Vmod. I sounded a lot like you! Was so frustrated and disappointed! Anyway, I went and dug up that old thread from several months back. Thought you might get a chuckle out of it. And things DID get better. I love my Vmod now.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-kit-houston-we-have-problem.html#post9105158

The first post is mine..and the one where I was expressing my frustration.

Im really not frustrated. I just dont like vapage cartos or attys. As Ive stated, I wanted to use it with my cisco attys for out and about. Since doing a little fiddling got my attys I have here fired, Im all good. Reading Boges would work just made it a plus. Its all good, I will still use the ones that dont fire on the VMod on my regular mods like I have been. :)

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
I use Boges on mine and also 901 atties (with an adapter) and had no problems
One thing you havent mentioned is the consistency of the juice your using ? VG/PG
Also, I use this method with ALL my vaping 'top ends'

Snipped from another thread
"I use cartos regularly, not used them in a tank for a while, but this method has always worked for me

Boil a small amount of water, let it cool, take the carto (de-rubbered) and drop it in the water-leave for 2 minutes, remove and blow through, add to your tank and fill, or drip jiuce in if your using it on its own

VG and PG are both 'hygroscopic' -they eat water rapidly (that empty juice bottle that always ends up with a mil of liquid in it?)

By capillary action the juice will be drawn quickly into the absorbant material in the carto-has never failed me yet"

No dry hits and no wicking problems-like ever :)

If you insert a pencil (blunt end) into the top of a Boge (or anything with a floating centre pin) you can press it down gently to get the pin to protrude more from the screw end of the carto

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Whatever these attys are, they are crap. They look like they are bridged so Im not not if thats where slant is coming from. But all I can say is that Ive direct dripped with alot of attys and these taste even worse than the cheapie 510 attys I started vaping with. I am not a novice with dripping and understand break in period, but I should not still have to break in an atty for 3 days to get a decent taste.

I have since tossed that atty out in the trash and am using my cisco atty in the VMod without an issue.

I just wish my Boge cartos would work in it because the carto that came with, I would never purchase willingly either.
To each their own. I can't imagine someone mistaken a vapage hybrid atomizer for being "bridged" whether old or new style. Countless users of both have stated the vapage hybrid being equal to the cisco in performance and given a 50%vapage sale,a better deal. It's possible you got an old style with your kit but, as I stated it would be tough to mistaken it for a bridged atomizer.
The silos perform fine for me as do the boges. It's odd that one fires and others don't. What resistance boges are you using? Is this your first mechanical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread