Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I realize, there's got to be quite a few threads about it, but I have somewhat specific questions :)

I already have a VMod XL. Now I'm contemplating between a second one or a Reo Grand.

1. What's the size/weight difference between them?
2. How comfortable is Reo in hand?
3. Which one is easier to Kick?
4. VMod has that sleeve around the bottom of the carto to prevent spills, how is Reo about it? Does it primarily feed the carto through the drip cup, or through the hole in the bottom?

Thank you for any information, and I'm sorry about the somewhat redundant thread.

jeenam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
nyc
Will leave answers for your questions to others.

As a former vmod 2.0 user who moved on to reos (mini 2.0 and grand), consider the reo grand is compatible with rebuildable atomizers. Due to the design of the vmod, I do not foresee rba's being built for the vmod. Rba compatibility is huge for me.

I was also concerned with whether or not reos would leak and have found they do not, once you learn to use them. The catch cup design works well and keeps juice in the mod.

See if there is a vape meet near you and attend if you can. Someone there is bound to have a reo you can try.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
1. What's the size/weight difference between them?
the Grand is heavier
2. How comfortable is Reo in hand?
Each has their own opinion. I prefer the Vmod shape. I don't like square corners.
3. Which one is easier to Kick?
I'd say it's a toss up. Opinions most likely vary on this as well. You can sand off a spot of the reo making it pretty simple, tho some insist on other methods. Vmod -- most install some copper tape and make sure it is connected to the wire.
4. VMod has that sleeve around the bottom of the carto to prevent spills, how is Reo about it? Does it primarily feed the carto through the drip cup, or through the hole in the bottom?
Reo is a true squanker. Force the juice up -- dry pull to get the juice in the atty/carto. If juice is left in the drip well, or the atty left full it can leak out to the well and spill. ( I have never had an external leak with any version of the Vmod and I've carried one or 2 around for well over a year. It is the best bottom feeder mod for purse and pocket, imo.)

I have owned Reo Grand, Reo Mini, Vmod1, Vmod2, VmodXL (and other Bottom Feeders). The Reo's are nice mods, but I favored the Vmod and now, with the new slant coil hybrid (aka Shifu Spec) atty, I have a Vmod on my Desk as well as in my purse.

ease21

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ottawa
I own both, got the vmod xl before the reo grand... I totally agree with Ratman. My Reo also performs better with the same atties. Reos are definitely more durable. For me the Reo was a longer learning curve to get the right amount of juice into the atomizer. As to the comfort level, I find the Reo more comfortable in hand, I have the most recent version of the grand and it has rounded edges (apparently more rounded than in the past versions) and also way easier in the car due to no flipping it upside down to squonk. I have a kick, but dont use it with the reo, i just don't need it. When i did use it i used a smaller 18500 battery and sanded a small part on the body for the ground. Using the same setup (with copper tape) for the vmod xl made me nervous because the body is plastic and seemed to bend on the bottom. Never had a leak with either mod, after the learning curve with the reo, you wont have any juice in the catch cup. To answer your question about the feeding on the reo, if done properly the reo feeds through the hole at on the bottom of the connector. I do like both, but the reo is just the better and higher quality option for me, the vmod xl is my backup. Its an opinion thing... you kind of have to try em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread