Vmod vs REO? (please read first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Not even close to being perfect, (in my opinion)... The step down on the body is an imperfection. Big design flaw, (in my opinion)... He could've sold 10 times as many of them if it was symmetrical top to bottom... The only positive, (in my opinion), is the ceramic cup that is in it... It's just my opinion, but there will probably be a clone available on FT in the next 2 months.
There is the original atty that Rob gets which he then turns into the RM2. It's relatively cheap, like $10.

There are more pros than just the ceramic cup. IF we are talking about RDAs as they come stock, I've gone through 6 and none of them even compares to the quality vape of the RM2. Modding them is another story.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Even the size of the RDA matters, as a smaller RDA will give a more concentrated vape. You can mod most RDA to make them perform close/on pair to higher priced (and arguably quality) ones. The RM2 stock is relatively perfect, with the only thing coming to mind that you'd want to mess with being the airhole. Something the RM2 can do that those can't? The way it feeds the juice, which of course you already stated that was a con for you.

Two things on the second point you made. One, I'll take the ability to flood my RDA and have all the excess juice flow back down leaving the coil and wick completely soaked without leaks over dripping a new flavor without corrupting the bottle any day, but that's just my opinion.

Also, if flavor corruption is a concern, why would you want to drip a new flavor in the same wick anyways? You are vaping Bobas Bounty which is loaded on the bottle, then drip Unicorn's Blood on it. Then go back to Boba's Bounty. Flavor wise, you are not going to get the true flavor at all. Unless you drip very similar flavors/weak juices, there will be corruption of flavor not in the bottle but in the wick. I'd rather carry a little igo-s sealed with me and if I want to drip all it takes is unscrewing the RM2 and putting the IGO-S on. At the end of the day, those of us who did dripping for a while are used to the hassle, so changing an RDA is nothing.

This is just my opinion, but I would never use any flavor on my RDA other than the one that's in the bottle. That on its own will hinder the true clean flavor of the juice when the wick starts soaking different ones. Every time I switch flavors, I take the wick out, wash the RDA and dry burn it. For my ADVs, I don't want anything less than their pure true flavor.
Not all of use cotton or silica which retains left over liquid.
Dripping might be my favorite feature of bottom feeding. I use a SS wick on all my rbas. Vapes wonderfully and doesn't retain the previous flavor once exhausted. Ability to do dual coils, adjustable throat hit, once modded dual feed holes raised above the deck preventing back flow..

ss micro coil squid
20131005_235250.jpg

ss micro coil Rm2
20131002_101552.jpg

dual nano Dragon coils with cotton until I figure out how to encapsulate the coils in SS
20131008_192829.jpg

And it flush fits my Vmod
20130904_165212.jpg

I like my Rm2 but, it's not the end all be all of rbas...

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Not all of use cotton or silica which retains left over liquid.
Dripping might be my favorite feature of bottom feeding. I use a SS wick on all my rbas. Vapes wonderfully and doesn't retain the previous flavor once exhausted. Ability to do dual coils, adjustable throat hit, once modded dual feed holes raised above the deck preventing back flow..

I like my Rm2 but, it's not the end all be all of rbas...
Yes I do agree with you. I got about 8 sealed RDAs for dripping because I'm extremely picky when it comes to getting clean flavors. I do like that the RM2 as it comes is ready to go and very effective. I could mod my igo-s or yk1 to bottom feed and improve the airholes to get a comparable/same quality vape as the RM2. I've been meaning to try again SS on an RDA as I've read lots of good things about it.

Trading off the ability to drip without corrupting the bottle to a leak proof atty that you can flood completely for a flavorful hit, I rather have it like that. Like I said us that have dripped for a while got used to the hassle, so really having a little sealed RDA on the side and putting it on when I want to drip is feasible to me. The RM2, to me, is one of the best RDAs there is for bottom feeding, but yeah not the end all be all of rbas. I have my igo-w on the side just waiting for me to grab some confidence and pull a quad coil :p.

I'm a flavor junkie and extremely picky at getting the cleanest flavor. You should see the way I clean my REOs when changing flavors. Takes me 3x times what it usually takes. :lol:

PS: Nice looking coils you got there.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Thanks man. The nano is a bit overboard. Even single is crazy amounts of vapor...Just taste that cotton though...

You should try SS. Still the cleanest IMHO... did a thread in the REO forum with a how to..
If it can give me a cleaner flavor, you bet I'll try it. I tried silica and didn't like it, cotton has been working perfectly but it's very easy to burn (a single dry hit will burn the cotton to the point you'll taste it until you change it) and needs to be replaced every 3 days or so to keep that good flavor.

I saw the thread, very informative. I'll get a hold of some SS mesh (400 right?) and try it out. Thanks for the heads up, I had thought about it but forgot. :p

PS: Don't know if you've tried this RDA yet, but take a look. $5.93 YK1 KTS Stainless Steel Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping They are great, I don't know if they'd fit the VMod but they fit the REO perfectly, just as the mini squid and igo-s. I'd personally increase the size of the airhole a bit but that's about it, other than modding it for BF.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Yeah 400 has worked great for me. Found eBay to have the best price on 12x12 sheets. That will last you awhile while.
The base is identical to the squid but, the top cap looks like stainless? I really like my little squid. Really easy to mod for bottom feeding.. might have to.... buy...

*Resists opening fasttech

maybe if that top cap is stainless...

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I have had my reo for a little under a month and have been very happy with it. I have never owned or used a vmod, so I won't compare.

For my personal vaping preferences, the reo grand w/ rm2 is the perfect option for me as my daily workhorse. I can load 6ml of my ADV juice, a fresh panni 18650 and i'm pretty much set for the day. I keep some cotton in a tiny ziploc for emergency wick changes, but I rarely have to do so, mostly because I forgot to do it the night before. Takes me about 2 mins to dry burn the coil and replace the wick, and that's at a leisurely pace.

I have a bogger box on order and I use my tube mechs with many diff RDA's and they all have their place. I use my top fed's for trying out diff. coil setups, my DIY's or new juices. Whatever juice makes the cut, I put into the Reo.

I use strictly micro coils, I use a picture hanging nail and about 9/10 wraps of 28 for 1 - 1.2 ohm range. My rm2's are at 1/16th and 3/32 because I like my vapes cool and with very subtle TH. I find SS mesh to be a pain, literally, my arthritic fingers don't like the rolling action. I Just find cotton to be so darn easy to work with, and it's so cheap. The boiling is a bit of a pain, but the hour or so it took to boil a near lifetime supply was well worth it.

These are my own discoveries, and each person has their own vape style, you just gotta decide how important certain features are too you.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I do use ss for my gennies, and the fact they last a long time makes it easy on my fingers. I can suffer thru some pain every couple of months.

The flavor is very similar to me, so the offset in labor between cotton and ss just makes cotton more practical for my everyday needs. This illustrates the very awesomeness of vaping in general, the marketplace is so crowded now that there is an option out there for nearly every vaping style and preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread