Volcano now has the "clearomizers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
So how long has one refill last you guys? I have to refill them twice a day.

Is that from totaly out?
I re-fill mine when they get about 3/4 down. I use about 3ml a day so a couple times seems right. Now using the MAP tank holding 5 ml, 1 & 1/2 days is good, top it off in the morning you're good to go all day

Last edited:

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
I am at a little under 50% success rate now. One began leaking to a point where I no longer want to carry it around. One tasted burnt no matter what I did with it, 2 are still working great, even though one of those came loose around the bottom. I will be leaving that one for home use only. I might buy these again, but I am not convinced they are the way to go. Still waiting to try a tank mod.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
Horrible customer service at this place. You can see what if you read the suppliers thread. Order from gotvapes.com instead, it is cheaper and free shipping over $47 +an extra 5% off if you sign up for their newsletter.

Had to reply to this - not true on the bad service remarek, not sure why you got bad service but I've ordered many times from Volcano and they always call me back in a reasonable amount of time if they can't answer, and they always answer all my questions. Just didn't want one comment to stand alone.

Re their discount, what you do is move the points bar on the cart over to the plus sign and your discount is applied. So far my points have always paid for my shipping and then some, but I tend to order a lot so I have a lot of points.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
I had the sold out sign when I tried to order from GotVapes and then found and ordered 10 of the Volcano Magma clearomizers. So far am very happy with them (except it looks like a dead fly in there when it's wet LOL).

These should be filled using the syringe/straight tip kit. You can get them at Volcano. The best tip removal I've found are those dry wall picture hooks that are curved (about $4 for a pack at hardware store). They have a curve on the end that easily takes both the outer tip and inner ring off as well as holds onto them while you're refilling.

TO REFILL:

1. With the tip of the syringe off and the plunger down, insert the syringe into the bottle and pull up on the plunger to fill quickly. Put the straight tip on the syringe.

2. With both the tip and the ring off, in a very bright light and with glasses if you're over 40, look for one of the two small holes off to the sides. If wet, I sometimes use a Qtip to remove liquid and it's easier to see these tiny holes.

3. Insert the tip into the hole and press plunger to refill the cart. Replace inner ring and then tip on the cart.

I am wondering if some of the problems people are having is because they are trying to refill the carts by going through the center space.

The ones from Volcano are 510 fittings. You can't drip because it's a cart not an atty. You can use the drip tip as a mouthpiece by removing the tip of the cart - this provides distance in the mouthpiece so the cart isn't hot on your lips.

I'm using on both my 650 Volcano PT and my 1000 mah Inferno and will let you know how they hold up in a week or so. So far I am loving them.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I ordered a bunch (as I wrote up above) and had 6 of them filled and waiting for my new PV for the last week - plenty of time to get the wicking going.

3 came apart when I screwed them on the PV. I held them at the bottom, didn't apply too much pressure, but as I tightened them down the clear ring started slipping around the base. This twisted the internals and they started leaking. So 3 of 6 were out of the game without playing. Of the other three, none produced any flavor or vapor, even after sitting filled for a week.

There are several mods that use the ceramic carto internals, and I think I'll use them to experiment. Maybe figure out a way to do a tank mod with them or something. I'd like a tank mod, and these are supposed to do much better if the wicks have more room to float. I'm glad RS is willing to experiment to give customers what they want, and I think the ceramics are great - I use the CE2 metal cartos quite a bit - bit I don't think the clear ones are ready for prime time yet.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
I ordered a bunch (as I wrote up above) and had 6 of them filled and waiting for my new PV for the last week - plenty of time to get the wicking going.

3 came apart when I screwed them on the PV. I held them at the bottom, didn't apply too much pressure, but as I tightened them down the clear ring started slipping around the base. This twisted the internals and they started leaking. So 3 of 6 were out of the game without playing. Of the other three, none produced any flavor or vapor, even after sitting filled for a week.

There are several mods that use the ceramic carto internals, and I think I'll use them to experiment. Maybe figure out a way to do a tank mod with them or something. I'd like a tank mod, and these are supposed to do much better if the wicks have more room to float. I'm glad RS is willing to experiment to give customers what they want, and I think the ceramics are great - I use the CE2 metal cartos quite a bit - bit I don't think the clear ones are ready for prime time yet.

Yeah, I like the ceramic carts also and use the Volcano Magmas. I didn't realize these new ones were so touchy - glad to know and I'll be more careful. This won't be good for us cost wise. I do like that you can see the liquid, but now that I know how they work I think I'll reorder just the ceramics in the future. Now I have a better idea of how much eliquid I use in a day so I think I can refill before they get dry the ones I can't see.

Totally Wicked has a new tank system that is different from these clearomizer things. I have one coming in the mail so am hoping it is a better system, will let you know.

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
Crap something else I'm goin to have to try with my inferno. Besides my LR drip tip, my regular magma is my favorite atty. The liquid lasts forever, so these look to be even better... once they're back in-stock :)

LOL Ray Ray - too funny and Yup. A photo of MY collection after ONLY 2 months is currently on the first page at TheEcigJournal.com - but since that photo I have several things received or on their way LOL. And I started just barely ordering stuff now for DIY so I will soon be trying that. I so wonder if it'll ever end because those variable volt type things have peaked my curiosity and you know there is something great coming after that at some point and on and on.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread