Volcano's Magma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t3hp00ky

Feb 26, 2010
I'm not to happy with the L88...period!. I think I'm either going to mail it to my mother, or give it to my ol'lady. If not just trash the damn thing. I mean the v-pack is cool, but it's not for me. I'm on of those all day vapers, can seem to put the stuff down.

I actually got to try the magma atty today, it does pack a punch. It does work on your everyday 510 batts, and it does work with the carts. The bridge is super high, but the volcano carts look different, and are sealed with aluminum, much like their L88 carts.

All I see is an atty stamped different, not sure what the difference is someone was saying that it runs at a higher wattage than normal 510 attys. I'm no expert at it but it makes me want to buy a few to replace my current 510 attys

Fenix-T

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2010
NC
The 3 I have read 2.3, 2.4, and 2.0

I definitely like the cart design better than Joye's. It holds over twice as much liquid and has a simpler, better design.

The atomizer itself keeps up with my Joye atty, but I like the Magma's better because I get barely any leakage out of it. Sometimes, though, it does happen.

But remember, just because it has the washer (which isn't an actual washer, but part of the 'shell'), doesn't mean that it's the same atomizers that folks been complaining about. The clone that came out a while back was the SLB/DSE? and this one is JSB.

I've only been using it for a few days, so I'll reserve my judgment.

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
here is are some pictures.. flicker /photos/46868706@N04/ it wouldnt let me post full link but you get the idea...

atomizer of volcano ecigs magma and TW titan.

1. wick/metal mesh sits higher on magma
2. magma is little longer but not by much. (still fits on titan)
3. air hole design is different

it has smoother draw than my titan.
Here's the link.

Flickr: slowintegra's Photostream

Post some pics of the cart.

Do they look like this?

h20_3.JPG

Wonderboy

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I ordered and received some of the Magma atomizers and they work great. They don't get as hot as the 510s but produce great vape. The problem with the 510 carts is that they are very loose fitting and they tend to slide off very easily. What I did to mod this is to simply take a small screwdriver and push outward from the inside of the 510 cart to produce a small dimple which makes the fit nice and tight. The 510 carts now fit snugly and dont slide off.

I really like my (L88B)V-Pack PCC and cannot wait to order the Magma PCC as soon as it becomes available to purchase as an accessory.

t3hp00ky

Feb 26, 2010
Well, I'm disappointed. I was kind of excited to try out the auto batts that come with the Magma Starter Kit. Here's what's up.

PCC:

Great idea, love the light on the bottom, love the LED indicator. Only thing is the damn thing doesn't work. It will not charge the batts and what's the point of a PCC that won't charge the batts? So it's pretty much an overly priced flashlight.

Batts:

Well they are auto - good for all of you wannabe analog vapers. I like manual. So, whatever. They last as long as any other 510 batt. Auto's have a really annoying cut-off that I don't like.

Carts:

Wow, the design I must say is pretty cool. It hold a bit of juice. Now as for the pre-filled. Same flavors as the regular l88 carts. I'd rather drip. But if you guys like regular pre-filled then try them out. I like the milk chocolate and the coconut.

USB Charger:

The USB charger is awesome, and about the only thing that I like that came with the starter kit. I will charge both auto and manual batts. It's a charger, and it works. What else could you want from it.

Besides that the attys for the magma. Well lets say since I posted this I've been through two if them already. One, just stopped working. Well two did.
Just died for no reason. I didn't have that issue with the attys I got from Altsmoke. Not sure what the brands are, or different names of attys. The price is nice for two attys, can't really find that price anywhere. But I think I'm going to spend the extra 2 bucks and get attys somewhere else from now on.

Over all rating 4/10

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
I just want to point out that the PCC does charge the batteries. I'm not sure what kind of experience t3hp00ky is having with his PCC but I have a Magma and my PCC charges the batteries just fine. You have to hold the button located on front of the PCC for 4 seconds in order for the PCC to start charging the battery. I also have had no problems with the atty either. In fact, before I got my low resistance atty for my tornado I was using the magma atty on my tornado and it worked great. Are you using VG liquid? If you are that might be what is killing your atty's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread