Volt batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was using Smokeless Image products quite happily for some time and then they went out of business. The batteries I used were the larger Volt units, approx 100mm long with KR808D thread. I need to replace these as I have had them for some time. Does anyone know where I might get them?
I recently ordered a Halo starter kit and a G6 mini tank but am disappointed in them. The clear tube in the mini tank has come adrift from the threaded section and the two batteries last for approx 10 puffs before failing. The Covid situation means a 2 month wait for delivery from the USA to come to Australia.
Regards
Brian

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Thanks Brother Bob
I actually have a brother named Bob living in England. Now there's a coincidence.
Bob, what I actually want is replacement batteries. Mine are approx 110mm long, 15mm diameter with a male 808 thread on the end. The carts I am using are female. I am happy with the carts, just need new batteries.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks Brother Bob
I actually have a brother named Bob living in England. Now there's a coincidence.
Bob, what I actually want is replacement batteries. Mine are approx 110mm long, 15mm diameter with a male 808 thread on the end. The carts I am using are female. I am happy with the carts, just need new batteries.

The KR808 connection is very hard to find nowadays. The industry switched to the 510 connection many years ago, so I doubt you'll find anything better than your Halo kit--the last remaining purveyor of the kr808s. You may still find some old kR808 cigalikes, but not the fat, eGo style batteries. You may have to eventually switch to the 510 thread, sooner or later, or rely on adapters, which are always bad.

I saw this:

Magic Mist battery compatible with Smokeless Image (Volt) cartridges

But I don't know anything about the brand or the vendor.

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

It would work, but OP would have to buy a 510 threaded device first. Then he could use his kr808 cartos/carts on the 510 device with the 510>kr808 adapter. Halo and Volt were the last two vendors who used kr808 threading, AFAIK.

Right now he's just looking for kr808-threaded batteries to replace his aging Volt.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
No worries @Katya, I was just thinking that stock availability would be low and by now the batteries themselves would be aged. So you're not necessarily certain of getting a working battery, which would mean that it may be possible that you would have to return it at your own cost.

Then how many times may the process have to be done to get a battery that works?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No worries @Katya, I was just thinking that stock availability would be low and by now the batteries themselves would be aged. So you're not necessarily certain of getting a working battery, which would mean that it may be possible that you would have to return it at your own cost.

Then how many times may the process have to be done to get a battery that works?

Oh, I agree. I just wanted to make sure that OP realized that he would have to buy a 510 device to use the adapter you recommended. That said, I used those adapters for a while when I myself was transitioning from kr808 to 510 (in 2010 ;)) and they are awful. They clog the airflow, they get lost, just--no. Waste of time and money. I feel very strongly that OP should switch to 510 connection altogether--kr808 is obsolete and I wouldn't buy any kr808 batteries from anyone.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
True @Katya, updating would be a better option.

Perhaps the best option at the moment is the Innokin Kroma R Zlide kit, as every user seems to be pleased with them.

And at least with the removable battery, you don't have to get rid of the mod when the battery nears the end of its lifespan.

You only just need to replace the battery.

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
True @Katya, updating would be a better option.

Perhaps the best option at the moment is the Innokin Kroma R Zlide kit, as every user seems to be pleased with them.

If OP is OK with a box mod--that's a big change for someone who likes the form factor of cigalikes. I love my Zlide 4 ml, better than the Zenith, for some reason. And if the Kroma is too much, perhaps an Eleaf iStick 30 or Aegis mini (both are indestructible) would suffice. Internal battery, no need to buy a charger and batteries, would go great with with a Zlide.

• Useful
Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hopefully @Katya, @Brian Taylor will return and we will be able to discuss things further.

As the only cigalike that comes to mind was the Joytech Eroll Mac, and it didn't seem to be a great success.

I'm not even sure that you can get coils/pods for them now.

And we keep on forgetting about pods, as the market has exploded with them. But it seems that a lot suffer with liquid ingress issues and that's a design flaw. And more importantly something that you don't need to happen.

• Agree

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Hopefully @Katya, @Brian Taylor will return and we will be able to discuss things further.

As the only cigalike that comes to mind was the Joytech Eroll Mac, and it didn't seem to be a great success.

I'm not even sure that you can get coils/pods for them now.

And we keep on forgetting about pods, as the market has exploded with them. But it seems that a lot suffer with liquid ingress issues and that's a design flaw. And more importantly something that you don't need to happen.
Pods would be great ,if it weren't for that one flaw. I've used a few pods and that's the single reason I dont anymore. If a pod was designed not to leak down into the electronics, I'd certainly be interested. OP will most likely have to upgrade to something besides the 808's just for the fact that they're nearly obsolete now.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@Coyote628, pods could be improved by using Conformal Fluropolymer coatings. As that stuff would make it so that you could still vape even with the board well and truly submerged in e liquid or juice.

But you'd still be dealing with a leaky pod. I don't want to deal with that. Make the pods leak-proof--it can't be that hard.

• Agree
Reactions: Coyote628

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
I'm a fan of self repair @Katya, so sealing a pod mod in some cases would completely rule that out.

But properly protecting the board against liquid ingress does at least rule out one problem.

But perhaps they're designed with planned obsolescence in mind, as the more they fail the more are bought to replace them. And this makes companies money.

But the pods definitely need redesigning from the ground up, to address major design flaws. As they definitely need to be top airflow to reduce the risk of leaking and fill ports need to be removed from the bottom and sides, as that's just asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread