Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I just did a voltage drop test with in-line volt meter on my mechanical mod that read 4.1v without Atty attached
I then tested with the Atty attached
(.15 ohm build) and it dropped to a steady 3.6v. Is this normal? Thanks in advance[emoji4]

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk
if your battery was tested with a DMM at 4.2 and then your inline meter read 4.1 that means you dropped .1 due to battery resistance and mod resistance, the lower your coil resistance the more voltage you are going to drop across that load in order to fire them up. My real question here is .15 is pretty darn low, so I hope you are using the correct batteries etc...??

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Ohms law states my .15 ohm build pulls 28 amps at 4.2v so I'm using a 26650 high drain battery rated at 50 amps to be safe. My button doesn't get hot, my mod doesn't get hot and in fact I have to chain vape it for it to even get warm..plenty safe on the batt but thanks for asking ..

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
495b14567aaf5b1b8aacb5e55855c463.jpg

BCV 26650 BFM..

The Torch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2012
Montreal
,15 is extremely low in resistance. The fact of the matter is that Volts = amps X resistance when you are really draining a battery near its limit and the battery's internal resistance also become significant in the equation with very low resistance builds. In your case you should be pulling 24 amps, which is supposed to be only half what you say your battery can handle. Make sure it is not a clone battery or that the stated 50 amps is not just pulsing amps.

if your battery was tested with a DMM at 4.2 and then your inline meter read 4.1 that means you dropped .1 due to battery resistance and mod resistance, the lower your coil resistance the more voltage you are going to drop across that load in order to fire them up. My real question here is .15 is pretty darn low, so I hope you are using the correct batteries etc...??

I just tested an inline meter at the vape shop today and also got a .1 volt difference with and without the tank installed and using a 1.4 ohm coil. I think it might be due to the meter itself. 0.1 volt is really nothing; 2% difference from 4.2V and 2% is pretty much the average precision most meters can achieve.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I just did a voltage drop test with in-line volt meter on my mechanical mod that read 4.1v without Atty attached
I then tested with the Atty attached
(.15 ohm build) and it dropped to a steady 3.6v. Is this normal? Thanks in advance[emoji4]

So your battery voltage was 4.1 and with a 0.15 ohm load it dropped to 3.6V = 0.5V. IMO that is quite good. Using a fairly new VTC4 at 0.4 ohms I get a 0.35V drop with a reasonably good mod. Your big battery is doing well and your mod is clean :)

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Thanks..my BFM is fairly new to me and its taking a little getting used to how hard it hits compared to the 18650 nemesis I upgraded from..thx again for the vote of confidence[emoji4]
f8a91fcfdfd85e372aae0918e3efd2af.jpg

.16 is the lowest I have gone on my 18650 Nemy. She looks nice n shiny Glad to hear it is performing well.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Thx...it is the best hitting mod I have ever owned to date..I do like the MNKE 26650 3500 mAh batteries as they last all day on one charge vaping almost non stop..
It also means I don't have to carry a million extra batteries around with me either like I did with the nemesis..thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread