Voltage matters more then price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Everyone, been vaping for around 6 months and learned something new today. Recently got a cheap $11.00 pass though for a 510 cart and noticed it was way out preforming my Silver Bullet running off of a 3.7 battery, after realizing that I had to start stacking 2 RCR 123 Batts. in the silver bullet to move up to 6 volts. Now it's comparable to a device that cost 6 times less. Still love my Silver Bullet, but lesson learned, a cheap ... box mod would of given me as much joy.

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
The passthrough gives consistency since it's coming off a more robust power source. Some mods are regulated to hold similar consistency.

I happen to love VV. I can dial in a flavor experience with it. The one I use gives me a nice steady voltage. Could a cheaper one have done the job? Some can, some not so much. I think Goldenkobold's response applies here though. I like the design. And OK, maybe the wow factor played a part.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
East Pembroke NY

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have an ego up to a provari and everything in between. I have found uses for each, but yes some cheaper mods can out preform some more expensive mods.

+1
    Sitting on my desk right now is a 5vPT with a 3ohm carto on it, a SB @3.7v with a 2ohm carto, a VV with a 3ohm carto tank @ 4.5v, and a Jazz pipe @ 3.7v with a 1.5ohm DC carto in it.
    All loaded with the same juice. 4 different tastes, and I enjoy all 4.
    I don't think of them as one being better than the others, just different than the others.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Some of the most prolific responders to new people on ECF have never vaped on anything but 3.7 volt models and think anyone who vapes with a 5 volt or variable volt model are nuts, unfortunately. That's why all you ever see them suggest are small battery 510's and 808's or a Riva or ego. I think they believe we should all be little "mouses".

A pass-though plugged into the proper power source (wall outlet) will provide a consistent 5 volt output. 4.5 volts to 5 volts on regular attys/cartos is the sweet spot for a majority of veteren vapers.

Glad you discovered the advantage to 5 volt vaping.

CaminoDiablo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2010
    East Pembroke NY
    it was the purchase of a provari that made my 3.7v PVs seem inadequate untill I got it I use to use them all every day and loved them lots now they just sit there looking inadequately at me, I have a 4.8v battery in one its not to bad I may just have to pick up a few more of those

Why don't you throw them up on the classifieds? Recoup some cash then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread