• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Volts in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
The down points to me are the air hole is located right where I want to hold the device, the atomizer gets too hot to hold it there, so I end up holding it closer to the LED end, not ideal.

Heh, exactly the complaints that I cover in my review. It's a good little device, especially for newbies who want something as close to cigarette-like as possible, but the placement of that airhole and the overly-warm atty could be an issue.

iheartpoco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
London, Ontario
Can't speak to eroll. but I'm with shades re: the Redds...I've had mine for about a week and a half, couldn't care less for a ciggie. The vapour is hot and plentiful, and I actually like flavours waaaay better than cigarettes. I'm currently loving Toffee and Blueberry from Jugheads. For the first time in my life, I find myself frequently just playing with the smoke in my mouth, not even inhaling, cause it tastes so good. I would never not inhale a cigarette, or blow it out my nose, LOL...

Don't let the youtube reviews scare you off...for a new vaper, the Redds is a lot like a cigarette, and really easy to just tuck in your hand and vape and nobody even notices. I charge the PCC overnight, then the two batteries last me pretty much all day. I never let the batt run fully down, as I do notice it's power diminishes quite quickly after vaping for an hour or so, so I switch them out early. Not sure if this will affect their life or not.

I have an ego-C starter kit tucked away for when I'm ready to move up in the vaping world, but for now I am very, very happy with my lovely little Redds.

chagrin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I'd look into the Joyetech eRoll kit as well. Believe it or not, they sort of impressed me -- they were far more satisfying than any 808 starter kit I'd ever tried anyway. (Review coming tonight.) Yeah, it's a C-type tank system, and yeah, it's a 90mAh battery, but it comes with a 1000mAh PCC and they actually work surprisingly well. Flavour isn't 100% (maybe 80% or so) but TH and vapor are all there, wicking has been great, and overall I had to give it a thumbs up. I already know someone who's quit on this kit (his first kit), so that's a good sign.

Is the Redds kit included in the 808 kits you've tried ?

Last edited:

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
Well that 26% off sale from SI put me over the edge. I ordered a kit for my bro last night. Any other Canucks order from SI before? How long did it take to arrive? I haven't told him about it and had it shipped straight to my bro's place. Just wondering when to expect the happy phone call! :D

Yep me too. Couldn't pass up 26%......ordered it Sunday night and I still haven't received an email that its shipped. I don't have a lot of experience ordering from the states but the few I have placed took a couple of weeks.

isthisidused

Apr 18, 2012
Canada
Well that 26% off sale from SI put me over the edge. I ordered a kit for my bro last night. Any other Canucks order from SI before? How long did it take to arrive? I haven't told him about it and had it shipped straight to my bro's place. Just wondering when to expect the happy phone call! :D

I have placed 3 or 4 orders from SI and usually receive the order within 7-10 days. I had a problem with an X2 battery once and emailed them and they sent a new one right away. Great customer service.

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
yea volts customer service is top notch, I used to order cowboy by the bucket full(think I might order some right now lol).. anyway they sent me a couple hundred mills of the wrong MG, there fault, filled a ticket complaint and they sent me a couple hundred more without even returning the original order. it was a win win.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Is the Redds kit included in the 808 kits you've tried ?

It is now. I was sent one to try and have been evaluating it for nearly the past week. I do like them. There are some areas the eRoll is superior, but some that the Redds wins. However so far it does enter in to my top two devices that I'd recommend to a new vaper who wants a cigarette-style E-cig.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
It is now. I was sent one to try and have been evaluating it for nearly the past week. I do like them. There are some areas the eRoll is superior, but some that the Redds wins. However so far it does enter in to my top two devices that I'd recommend to a new vaper who wants a cigarette-style E-cig.

I had to share this as i thought it was funny how with what said, below it worked out wonderfully.

View attachment 156705

ok so it does not look as good being this small, working on making it bigger

Last edited:

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Try this now:

LOL.png

there we go. With what is supposed to be a simple matter of triggering the ad bot triggers make it look like Mind Field is now a vendor lol

it would seem the ad bots are a bit picky this morning

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I had to share this as i thought it was funny how with what said, below it worked out wonderfully.

View attachment 156705

ok so it does not look as good being this small, working on making it bigger

Heh ... I have adblock running so I didn't see that. Kinda funny, considering that I don't really recommend Volts (or any other 808s other than the Redds now) to new vapers.

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
no but it is funny you said the words "recommend" when you were talking about the redds (which btw i loke the key-cig version, stopped using the ego's as they are that great) and the thread being called "volts in Canada" the advertisement bots made it look like something different from the actual post

Then again it could be the lack of sleep that is making everything funny right now, not sure :D

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
no but it is funny you said the words "recommend" when you were talking about the redds (which btw i loke the key-cig version, stopped using the ego's as they are that great) and the thread being called "volts in Canada" the advertisement bots made it look like something different from the actual post

Then again it could be the lack of sleep that is making everything funny right now, not sure :D

Well, yeah, but I think the love affair with Smokeless Image has died down now that better options are available so it seems natural we'd start recommending things other than the Volt. But I have to admit that I'm glad such alternatives exist now, as I kinda never really wanted to dislike 808s. Now I don't have to. :)

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
Well, yeah, but I think the love affair with Smokeless Image has died down now that better options are available so it seems natural we'd start recommending things other than the Volt. But I have to admit that I'm glad such alternatives exist now, as I kinda never really wanted to dislike 808s. Now I don't have to. :)

So what is it about the redds kit that you like over the volt? Are the batteries regulated at a higher voltage? Are the redds cartos lower resistance?

I picked up a volt kit to use when I want to be more discrete. I know I can't expect a mind blowing vape from an 808 but I'd like to sacrifice as little as possible.

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
So what is it about the redds kit that you like over the volt? Are the batteries regulated at a higher voltage? Are the redds cartos lower resistance?

I picked up a volt kit to use when I want to be more discrete. I know I can't expect a mind blowing vape from an 808 but I'd like to sacrifice as little as possible.

The batteries are pretty much the same performance wise -- there's only so much you can do with a power source. It's the cartos that make the difference. The materials used differ from the stuff used by Smokeless Image, Bloog, V2, V4L, V3, etc, with the net result being that the Redds do a much better job delivering throat hit, something the others seriously lack.

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
The batteries are pretty much the same performance wise -- there's only so much you can do with a power source. It's the cartos that make the difference. The materials used differ from the stuff used by Smokeless Image, Bloog, V2, V4L, V3, etc, with the net result being that the Redds do a much better job delivering throat hit, something the others seriously lack.

You know what my next question will be :p since its all 808 I should be able to order some redds cartos to use on the volts and get the same performance right?

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
You know what my next question will be :p since its all 808 I should be able to order some redds cartos to use on the volts and get the same performance right?

Pretty much, yeah. A power source is a power source, it's just a matter of how many volts it puts out, and the Redds are the same (3.6V). So you can buy some Redds cartos and use them on your Volt without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread