Volts vs Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
OK I love my Provari but I am going to get a Vamo just cause. I use a smoketech 3.5 ml tank with a 2 hole 2 ohm cartomizer. On my Provari I like it at 4.1 to 4.4 to start as it gets older I keep increasing when I get to 5 volts its almost time for a new carto. What is the Wattage I should use and what is the difference?:danger:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
HERE'S a very good ohm's law calculator. While there are many different calculators, this one will allow you to view voltage, wattage, current and ohms in separate frames. Very good when you want to mess with figures.
Cool. Thanks now is there any difference between using 8.8 watts or 4.2 volts on a 2 ohm cartomizer. If not then why is it such a big deal to some to have both options?

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
There is no real difference, just a different way of reaching the same result. Some people say wattage makes it so they don't have to change settings when switching heating elements, yet i still have to change it everytime I switch. 13 watts on a2.5 dual coil carto is enough the burn my iclear and protank heads. Yet 7 watts for those clearos is not nearly enough for my 1.4 ohm aga t, and 13 is far too much. Now i already have 3 different settings for 4 devices, so i see no difference between vv and vw

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
It isn't different.

The reason some people want VW is because when you set a certain wattage on a VW device, it adjusts your volts automatically if you change to a different atty with different ohms.

GT hit the nail on the head and to me its only true usage is when bouncing between varied ohm setups.

I wasn't too sure about VW myself. Got a CVI to test those waters. Initially I really didn't care about it. Its technically less accurate than VV in that you can only adjust wattage in .5 increments but this is more semantics than anything. Those slight .00 differences won't matter much IMO.

But when I decided to go from a 3Ω boge to my 1.3Ω AGA-T that was damned convenient not having to adjust anything. I prefer higher wattage on my AGAs but for a quick change-up its nice.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
I actually own a few Vamo's, but I never run them in VW. I also own two kicked Naturals which are always running in VW. On my Vamos, I run dual-coil tanks and some clearo's. These delivery devices can give off a burnt taste really easily if the power is too high. On my kicked Naturals, I run a few IGO-L's and a few RBA tanks... similar in ohm settings. I never worry about burnt tastes with my Naturals. Basically what I've learned is that it really depends on the delivery device you're going to run on a particular PV. While the premise of VW is sound, you just can't disregard the delivery devices and how they may react to automated voltage adjustments.

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
Cool. Thanks now is there any difference between using 8.8 watts or 4.2 volts on a 2 ohm cartomizer. If not then why is it such a big deal to some to have both options?
VW is better because it's automatic. No checking atomizer, no charts, no math.

If you have VW, then VV is redudant. Just ignore it. It's there to accommodate the luddites. :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
VW is better because it's automatic. No checking atomizer, no charts, no math.

If you have VW, then VV is redudant. Just ignore it. It's there to accommodate the luddites. :)

Yeah, or those that can do math........
Most VW stuff only adjusts in .5 watt increments. You skip over entire 10th's of a volt that way.
VW needs to be .25 increments. Just say'n.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Well I ordered my Vamo. I needed to have a spare if anything goes wrong with my ProVari. I had to send it back in once because I got one of the early ones and had a screen problem plus got it updated to a V2, big diff. I couldn't believe how fast it was. I sent it on Monday and had it back Friday.

Never a bad idea to have backup, my VAMO is 6 months old and still looks and works great. A lot depends on how you treat your device, you shouldn't have any problem.

Sector000

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
California
VW takes the guesswork out of maintaining a certain voltage output when changing atomizers.
+1. Guesswork is not a productive use of time when easier methods are available.

As a bonus, VW also adjusts the voltage automatically when/if your atomizers change resistance during normal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread