Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, Today let's take a look at voopoo drag 4 177W TC Kit. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

voopoo drag 4 177W TC Kit; Before starting, let's see together some details indicated by the manufacturer:

1. Dual 18650 battery mod with 177W max output
    2. ECO mode and 5V/3A Type-C charging
    3. New TC mode to better match the heating wire
    4. Multifunctional switch to define QS lock
    5. New DIY UI design to define your own style
    6. Replaceable and durable magnetic battery cover
    7. tank designed with 3 airflow slots (Top AFC) 360° adjustable
    8. Top air inlet prevents leakage effectively
    9. 4ml/5.5ml capacity, easy top filling system
    10. Innovative 510 crankcase
    11. Suitable for all PnP coil including RBA coil
    12. Contains New 0.15Ω/0.2Ω PnP TW Coils with Dual In One Tech

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Packaging:
    The package is wrapped in an external sleeve that recalls the color of the kit it contains. On the front, the outer sleeve displays the "Pale Gold Walnut" colorway, the wording Drag 4 and the presence of the TT gene chip in the device. On the back you can view; the contents, Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd. (VooPoo) address, scratch & check, trademarks & logos, warnings, barcode and "sample" label to specify the destination of this item to promoters and reviewers. On the remaining sides of the package you can view in the form of icons; the main features and the various QR-Codes.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-2.jpg

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-3.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Packing List:
    • 1x Drag 4 Mod
    • 1x UForce-L Tank 4ml
    • 1x Coil PnP-TW20 0.2Ω 40-55W
    • 1x Coil Pnp-TW15 0.15Ω 55-70W
    • 1x Bubble glass 5.5ml
    • 1xSilicon rubber pack
    • 1x Type C cable
    • 1x User Manual

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-4.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Specifications:
    • Kit dimensions: 52.4x25.4x 147.3mm
    • Materials: ZInc Alloy+Leather+Solid Wood.
    • Batteries: 18650*2 (not included)
    • Output power: 5-177W
    • Output voltage: 3.2-8.4V
    • Resistance range: 0.05-3.0Ω
    • Charging voltage: 5V/3A
    • Color screen: Customizable color theme
    • Modes: VW, TC-Ni200, TC-Ti, TC-SS316, TC-SS430, ECO
    • Tank dimensions: 25.5x58mm
    • Capacity: 4ml, 5.5ml, TPD: 2ml
    • Tank materials: SS, Pyrex
    • Compatible with PnP Coils

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-5.gif

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Available colours:
    • Pale Gold Walnuts
    • Black Walnut
    •Gunmetal Rosewood
    • Gunmetal Ocean Blue
    •Gunmetal Forest Green
    •Gunmetal Tropical Orange

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-6.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; First Impressions:
    Almost 5 years have passed since the end of 2017 since the first 157W dual battery Drag Mod appeared. The Original Drag was a huge success, soon becoming the most coveted cloud Mod in the collective imagination for power and quality, thanks to its incredibly responsive Gene chip. Over the years the Mod Drag dual battery has continuously evolved passing through various versions, chronologically speaking the latest version released is the Drag 3 present in the image below. The overall form factor between Drag 3 and Drag 4 does not change. The main differences that immediately catch the eye are; the inclusion of the QS block on the front, the larger size of Drag 4 which is about 9mm taller, the different cell insertion system which now takes place by removing the "C" design door and the presence of a new tank called U-Force-L, adapted for the use of the always current line of PnP coils. In addition to the introduction of the ECO mode, Drag 4 also received improvements in the display layout with a better presentation of the modes and with clearer and more visible information.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-7.jpg

I received for this test Drag 4 Kit in Pale Gold Walnut color version. Design-wise, the Drag 4 range features a total of 6 different color combinations; three of which show panels with wood finishes, the frame can be in silver, gunmetal or black color. The other three colors all have the Gunmetal colored frame with different and captivating combinations of resin finishes. The magnetic cover to access the battery compartment is the decorated part of this Mod and according to VooPoo it can be purchased as a spare for those who want to customize their Drag 4 Mod. Below in the image you can see the two magnets inside the cover, these magnets perform their task well which is to keep the cover firmly on the Mod's frame without movements. On the frame (on this side) you can see an illustration with the warnings concerning the correct use of the cells, furthermore VooPoo has inserted the message "thank you for choosing DRAG".

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-8.jpg

Both cell slots are marked with the polarity reference, also the positive pins are spring loaded to allow you to insert the cells easily, the strap comes in handy when it's time to take out the cells. Note that the magnetic cover can be inserted with the Drag logo up or down.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-9.jpg

The side view of Drag 4 highlights the perfect union between the decorated walnut cover and the frame, on one side you can see the writing "Drag 4", while on the other side there is no writing. In the back part (handle) the decoration no longer recalls the walnut wood, but becomes a soft cushion in imitation leather with the hot-stamped "VOOPOO" writing.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-10.jpg

On the front of Drag 4 we find the display that allows you to select the following background colors; classic, green, pink, purple and yellow. Another difference from Drag 3 is the usb type-c port equipped with 5V/3A fast charging protocol. VooPoo declares that with Drag 4 and with 100% charged cells it is possible to obtain more than 650 Puffs for a whole day of vape, it is legitimate to ask with which power selected?

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-11.jpg

The new layout in the TC mode accurately identifies the four commonly used heating wire materials; Ni200, Tl, SS316 and SS43. So you can adjust the temperature in the recommended range for each material.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-12.jpg

Compared to Drag 3, Drag 4's display is slightly clearer and brighter, and the power output numbers have also been enlarged. The entire display layout has been updated and shows the following information; power setting, mode, two battery charge indicators with percentages, voltage output, coil resistance, puff counter, duration of the last puff. The new multifunction button allows you to lock / unlock the power, also the SWITCH mode gives you the possibility to decide how to operate the third button. By default the third button locks/unlocks the wattage, but can be toggled to turn the device on or off or to lock/unlock the device.

Naturally through the combination of the keys you can enter the Mod parameters as follows;
    • Press the Fire button 5 times to turn on/off the device
    • Press the + and - buttons to access the menu. Use the + and - buttons to cycle through the various options and press the Fire button to confirm
    • The modes in the menu available are; Smart, RBA, ECO and TC.
    • Smart mode allows the chipset to identify the resistive value of the coil and to set the right power value and prevents too high power selections.
    • RBA mode is essentially a standard variable wattage mode for those using alternative tanks and various builds. The adjustment can be made between 5 and 177W
    • In addition to the already mentioned temperature and variable power settings, there is the ECO mode which allows you to save energy by turning off the screen when the battery voltage drops below 20%.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-13.jpg

The lower part of Drag 4 has a large support base which gives it good stability, on it you can read the chipset name (Gene TT) and "Designed by VooPoo". The top of the mod houses a non-centered 510 plate that can accommodate tanks up to 25mm in diameter and with no external protrusions. On the plate are engraved "Spark Your Life" and "DRAG", the pin is spring loaded and gold plated.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-14.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; U-Force-L Tank:
    The Drag 4 kit includes the latest tank called U-Force-L with a capacity of up to 5.5ml with the supplied bubble glass. The refill system involves having to unscrew the top cap and this happens effortlessly as the threaded part is short, I would have preferred a more long threaded part and greater contrast at the opening because I believe that the cap can open inadvertently. To add e-liquid, the Tank has two slots that are compatible with most e-liquid bottles. The regulation of the air flow takes place through three big fully adjustable air intakes which are positioned in the upper part (Top AFC) and this system guarantees watertightness.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-15.jpg

In the first of the images below you can see the completely disassembled U-Force-L Tank. I share VooPoo's idea of equipping U-Force-L with a bubble glass that increases its capacity. The drip tip is 810 type with two sealing o-rings and the airflow adjustment ring is removable, but it doesn't have rotation stops and I didn't like this, as I didn't like the top cap with low contrast at the opening. The coils are inserted from below once the base has been unscrewed. Looking at the base I noticed that there are grooves like those of a heat sink, there are also two sealing o-rings, both in the base and under the air control ring, this is not much, but it earns half a point in the my evaluation on the assembly of this tank.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-16.jpg

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-17.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; PnP Coils:
    As we all know, the PnP coil platform is particularly wide and also includes an RBA base, so you can use various coils according to your needs, moreover you will not have difficulty finding PnP coils on the market as they are very popular and appreciated by many vapers . For this new tank, VooPoo has included a 0.2Ω PnP-TW20 Coil with 40-55W range and 1 0.15Ω Pnp-TW15 Coil with 55-70W range. These are two of the new TW series PNP coils that can be recognized by the presence of a purple o-ring, while the previous VM series PnP coils have a red o-ring. According to VooPoo, the new TW series PnP coils use dual-in-one technology for pure taste, thick clouds and 25% longer life.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-18.gif

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Vaping test:
    For this Test I used TNT Good Posion aroma diluted 10% with VG/PG 70:30 and boost 3mg/ml.

• Coil PnP-TW20 0.20Ω 40-55W:
    With this coil the Mod in SMART mode automatically set 50W of power, however being the coil new I started with 40W and then gradually increased with the power. With 40W of power the coil fires up quickly, however the flavor is bland even with the airflow half-closed, so I jumped straight up to 50W and the flavor improved noticeably with good release of thick vapor clouds. I also tested the physical limit of the coil which is 55W, obtaining excellent performance, however with a view to saving energy, I preferred to position myself permanently at 50W and then start testing the air control. With the three airflow slots fully open there is almost no resistance on the inhale, however the flavor is not as diluted as one would expect, by closing the afc to 50% the restriction on the airflow is pretty ineffective, so I found my sweet spot by setting the airflow open about 1/3.

• Coil Pnp-TW15 0.15Ω 55-70W:
    With this coil the Mod in SMART mode automatically set 65W of power, however being the coil new I started with 55W and then gradually increased with the power. With 55W of power the coil activates quickly, the flavor is good, the vapor is slightly too humid, switching to 60W the flavor increases and the nebulization improves making the vapor hotter and more consistent. I went up to 70W and with the airflow wide open the flavor is at best, output with embarrassing dense cloud production. So I started to adjust the airflow by opening it to 50%, again I noticed little restriction of the flow, however this coil is capable of absorbing a lot of air and one can turn a blind eye to this AFC system which is not in capable of restricting the air passage in a linear way.

My favorite coil is the 0.15Ω Pnp-TW15 because it offers a more concentrated flavor with a really wild power delivery. However both of these new TW series PnP resistors with dual-in-one technology performed well and deliver what they promise.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-19.jpg

► Voopoo Drag 4 177W TC Kit; Final conclusions:
    Drag 4 Mod with its not exactly compact dimensions and with its zinc alloy frame is certainly not a comfortable mod to handle, however it is not so uncomfortable and the real "cloud chasers" will not have too many problems. The eye-catching look of my Drag 4 is amplified by the magnetic battery cover with C-shaped design which is exquisitely decorated with brown leather and walnut wood. The lid joins in a stable "all in one" with the frame. Furthermore, Drag 4 and its magnetic lid proved to be durable and resistant even after an accidental fall.

The QS multifunction switch, depending on your preferences, can block the wattage and allow you to vape without running the risk of accidental activations, and you can also adjust the QS button to completely block the Mod or to turn the Mod on or off! This QS key is really very comfortable, and it's what I finally expected on a real Drag, thanks VooPoo.

The user interface has also been updated and the new TC mode accurately identifies the four commonly used heating wire materials, Ni200, Tl, SS316 and SS43, so you can adjust their temperatures quickly and more intuitively if you want. During the SMART mode test, I found that the ECO function complies with the parameters, and comes into operation exactly when the cell charge level reaches 20%. Drag 4 also allows for 5V-3A fast charging which I purposely didn't test because I always charge my external batteries with a separate charger.

I would like to thank Nical and VooPoo for providing me with the kit. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone who wants to buy Drag 4 177W TC Kit.

Thanks for reading.

Voopoo-Drag-4-177-W-TC-Kit-20.gif

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread