Voopoo drag wont work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What condition are the wraps and top insulator rings of your batteries?

The plastic insulation wraps are very fragile, so if you are not careful when installing/removing batteries from the mod/charger, that plastic can tear exposing the bare metal of the "can" or cell. That exposure of bare metal is what can create shorts to the battery. The insulation rings on the positive end of the battery also protect the can's metal surface from making contact with a metalic surface, also resulting in a short.

Batteries and charger may get warm to touch; that is relatively normal. Neither should feel hot to touch; not so hot that they become uncomfortable to hold for 30 seconds.

Are your battery wraps and insulator rings intact?

Why Repairing Batteries With Cracked Wraps Is Absolutely Essential

Battery tears

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, what batteries do you have, and what method are you using for charging, do you charge via USB or do you have a dedicated charger? Using the USB port can cause the batteries to charge unevenly but also, it may place added stress on the batteries.

We need to know what batteries you are using and at what wattage you vape. If your batteries are severely underpowered, not authentic or bought from a reputable seller, that may be your issue. That can be fixed.

It could be a fault in the mod, but I'd work on ruling out battery issues first, as it may simply be the batteries. If your mod is still under warranty, make sure you get all your questions on here answered, so that you can "solve" the mystery of it being the mods or the batteries in case you DO need to warranty the device. Not saying you do, but if you are within the warranty period, keep an eye on how much more "warranty length" you have so you can contact the vendor if need bet.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
Charge the batteries would be my first suggestion. Then check the connections for gunk. Have you got another battery you can try in it?
Ive bought a new set of batteries same everything and let all charge and work fine in my priv v8(still nothing)
The connections and batteries look fine:no damage or debree.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
What brand and model are the batteries?

You need two 18650 20 Amp capable batteries. They have to be the same brand and type and they should have been bought, used and charged together.
the first set is a "18650 3000mAh 3.7v its in a green casing
the second set is the same specs but its yellow and silver

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Again: what batteries (manufacturer, model)? "The green ones" doesn't tell us anything.
How do you charge them, in a mod? In an external charger?

If the batteries turn out to be ok it's likely a fault in the electronics, usually a negative contact issue (battery contacts or 510, rarely something on the board itself). Got warranty?

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
What condition are the wraps and top insulator rings of your batteries?

The plastic insulation wraps are very fragile, so if you are not careful when installing/removing batteries from the mod/charger, that plastic can tear exposing the bare metal of the "can" or cell. That exposure of bare metal is what can create shorts to the battery. The insulation rings on the positive end of the battery also protect the can's metal surface from making contact with a metalic surface, also resulting in a short.

Batteries and charger may get warm to touch; that is relatively normal. Neither should feel hot to touch; not so hot that they become uncomfortable to hold for 30 seconds.

Are your battery wraps and insulator rings intact?

Why Repairing Batteries With Cracked Wraps Is Absolutely Essential

Battery tears

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
they all look good an not damaged the casings are still perfect, not even a scratch

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
Again: what batteries (manufacturer, model)? "The green ones" doesn't tell us anything.
How do you charge them, in a mod? In an external charger?

If the batteries turn out to be ok it's likely a fault in the electronics, usually a negative contact issue (battery contacts or 510, rarely something on the board itself). Got warranty?
sorry im really really new to vaping and i feel like a child trying to fix a computer so i resorted to describing them because i cant see their company logo or anything besides a sticker. And I charge them in the mod

• Useful

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
Yes, what batteries do you have, and what method are you using for charging, do you charge via USB or do you have a dedicated charger? Using the USB port can cause the batteries to charge unevenly but also, it may place added stress on the batteries.

We need to know what batteries you are using and at what wattage you vape. If your batteries are severely underpowered, not authentic or bought from a reputable seller, that may be your issue. That can be fixed.

It could be a fault in the mod, but I'd work on ruling out battery issues first, as it may simply be the batteries. If your mod is still under warranty, make sure you get all your questions on here answered, so that you can "solve" the mystery of it being the mods or the batteries in case you DO need to warranty the device. Not saying you do, but if you are within the warranty period, keep an eye on how much more "warranty length" you have so you can contact the vendor if need bet.

Anna
I dont see any identifying logos or names on the batteries besides a sticker saying 18650 3000 mAh 3.7. I see something on the newer yellow ones i got i think the company is NXJO sorry i didnt see that to begin with. as for the warrenty my brother just gave the mod itself to me. so i dont think ill be able to send it in and im trying to find a place or someone to fix it. settings wise i used it at 40-50 w as thats what my coil said 'best' the batteries look brand new with no damage to them.

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
According to Mooch (our battery guru) the yellow/silver 3000 mAh MXJO is a rewrap of the samsung 30Q 15A CDR battery. What's the power setting on the drag when the batteries aren't working?
sorry again new.. power meaning watts or oms? the oms are at .22 and the watts are at 40-50 i believe. also thank you so much for all the help and support :)

XxBrad_209xX

Feb 8, 2018
209 Ca
Watts are a measure of power. 40-50W should be no problem for fully charged dual Samsung 30Q (which is the cell MXJO apparently use) so it's likely not the batteries.

Do you still have warranty?
sadly i dont..now its not even turning on. I guess im going to have to get another and just keep the magnet side of it. again thanks for the help everyone

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Assuming the batteries are of decent quality, the last thing to check is their charge level. I'm assuming also that you are charging via the USB port.

If so, take them to a vape shop or electronics store and ask the folks there to check them out. If they're discharged, it means the charging circuit in the mod or the cable/power source is bad.

It's a good idea to get an external charger. The vape shop should have an Efest LUC charger. Get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread