Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi there,

Today I have a review of the newest VooPoo pod mod, the NAVI. It has the same features as the voopoo vinci and Vinci R, the only real difference is the shape of the device and the pod that goes in. The PnP-coil selection is the same as for the Vinci’s.

intro.jpg

This device also has a 1500 mAh battery, just like the Vinci and Vinci R.

One of the main features this pod mod differs in is the airflow system, a three-port device with a fixed airflow, an adjustable airflow, and a pneumatic independent airflow is available (info from the VooPoo website).

design.jpg

What do you get in the box?

NAVI Device*1
NAVI Replacement Pod (3.8ml*1)
PnP~VM3,0.45Ω*1
PnP~VM4,0.6Ω*1
USB Cable*1
User Manual*1
Warranty Card*1
Chip Card*1

Packaging.jpg

Mod Parameters

Name: NAVI
Material: Zinc Alloy
Output Power: 5-40W
Output Voltage: 3.2~4.2V
Resistance: 0.1~3.0Ω
Battery Capacity: 1500mAh

Pod Parameters

Capacity: 3.8ml(TPD 2ml)
Material: PCTG
Resistance: 0.45Ω(PnP-VM3)
0.6Ω(PnP~VM4)

Size

96*33*18mm

My experience:

When opening the box it straight away reminded me of the Vinci X I received earlier, even the color pattern is the same. It is a beautifully crafted mod made of proper material, it also has a very nice weight to it.

Where most people might not like the big letters NAVI and Spark your life on one side of the device, I actually like it.

DSC-0269.jpg

The device works the same as the Vinci. 5 clicks on and off. While on; 3 clicks to switch between auto draw, button activated draw or to turn on both. Hold the + and – button together to get in the puff record, and the firebutton and + button to lock the device.

screen-1.jpg

As with most Voopoo devices you cannot vape while the device is locked, with this one (and the Vinci) you are able to use the auto draw mode while the device is locked.

The 0.96 inch screen is very nice and bright, but the brightness cannot be adjusted.

screen-2.jpg

Buttons are well placed and have a nice click to it, they also respond very well and fire pretty much instantly.

Filling the pod is simple with a rubber seal that needs to be pulled, a large enough fillhole exposes to not have problems filling with larger bottles.

As we know the PnP coils are to be plugged in the bottom of the pod and they are ready to go.

pod-bottom.jpg

Both coils vape well for the wattage they are intended to be used at, the flavor is good (not wow good, but good) and they perform good. They are nice and saturated even while chain vaping.

This pod mod also takes the RBA coil that VooPoo designed for the Vinci, so in case you’d like to build your own ‘coils’ you can also do that by additionally getting the RBA.

connector.jpg

Airflow, I honestly don’t really get the whole airflow system that VooPoo says makes this pod special. There is a fixed airflow which is not adjustable on the side, another not adjustable airflow pin which goes into the pod on the device and one airflow that can be adjustable on the side. With the adjustable airflow window closed you get a restricted lung hit, with the airflow wide open its airy, maybe a bit too airy for a device that fires max up to 40 watts. Even though I don’t understand the whole airflow system, it is definitely an improvement over the Vinci, you have more control here.

Airflow-1.jpg

airflow-2.jpg

The round drip-tip that is on the pod is comfortable, for me more comfortable than the vinci’s drip-tip. Also, on the NAVI the drip-tip is not replaceable.

The battery manages around 130 puffs at 35 watt on a full charge. Charging it takes slightly shorter than in the specifications mentioned, in about 1 hour and 5ish minutes it is fully charged.

chraging-1.jpg

Final thoughts:

It is a well performing device with the same PnP options as the Vinci.

If you already own a vinci would you need this one? That depends, the only real plus for this device is the slightly more adjustable airflow and driptip (for some), for the rest it is pretty much the same device which performs the same.

It’s a good starter kit for those that start vaping and want something simple to operate, the system itself is simple to understand and navigate through.

It is available from 27 dollars on fasttech, which is not much for such kit.

Thank you for reading my review, Merry Christmas

SP013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread