VT Inbox Help/Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
You could solder a pair of ears onto the sides of the 510 spring retaining barrel while it's apart. Bend them 90 out from the barrel and solder those to pretinned sections on the top plate, that would reduce the time the plastic washer is heated. A piece of wet paper town jammed into the 510 hole should keep the washer cool as well.

Regular 60/40 solder would work for that no need for anything special. Just be aware of where you are soldering the ears to the top plate so it fits between the screw holes.

• Informative
Reactions: dwcraig1

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I glued it again using jb weld and if I don’t build on the mod it will probably hold.
    The last repair held until I tightened up screws on deck and put a lot of torque on 510 then it failed.
    If jb weld fails I will try solder.I don’t have a lot of confidence with jb weld holding under torque from 510 but time will tell.

• Optimistic

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    After multiple attempts to fix, even trying another 510, I believe I have a dead board. It will see the resistance, but it will not fire and just gives a 'short' error message.

3 Years was a good run with that one. Thank goodness I had a backup
    Evolv should replace the dna board for you, be worth an email.

Reactions: Izan

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    JB weld failed.
    One issue is I install coils when atomizers are on inbox so the threads get a lot of force applied as I tighten up deck screws and that’s when both adhesives have failed.
    I am still able to use inbox but TC needs a good strong continuous connection so kanthal until I get it repaired.

• Optimistic

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    What about swapping out the 510 connector?

Also a cheap idea for an atty stand to use when working instead if mod 510, piece of metal plate with hole drilled and tapped. Unfortunately can't remember the size of the tap required at the moment, but I'll find it out later.
    It's a proprietary 510 connector, if you still want it to squonk. But you could probably rig up a MM or Varitube in there, not a lot of height though.

510 threads are M7x0.5mm.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    What about swapping out the 510 connector?

Also a cheap idea for an atty stand to use when working instead if mod 510, piece of metal plate with hole drilled and tapped. Unfortunately can't remember the size of the tap required at the moment, but I'll find it out later.
    I was looking at other 510 options but it’ll take some cutting and modification to mod.
    My inbox still works but only with long 510 pinned atomizers.
    I could buy some non conductive washers and shim all my short 510 pinned atomizers.
    Several of my old mods have worn out 510 springs so maybe shimming every 510 pin in atomizers to same protrusion would be an option and could have prevented this from happening in the first place.
    It might be time to get another inbox?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Thanks for the right size @TrollDragon, completely forgot it over time.

So an M7 tap is what you would need, it's also good to have a M7 die as well for cleaning up janky or rough threads on atomisers as well.

Agreed, I run every new atomizer through through the die a couple of times. The first time I did it I was a little surprised at how much resistance I encountered.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I just got my OneginM yesterday.
    The maker really did a great job and picked components that may work in inbox.
    It’s my first high end mod.Not only does it look great,it’s small, and high end components do make a difference.
    Bottles don’t leak when pressed onto 510,510 makes a great strong connection and nickel plated brass contacts hit hard when firing and I don’t see any evidence of arcing.

Reactions: Mordacai

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I’ve been looking at inbox 510 and I’m measuring 20mm in diameter.
    Modmaker has some 22mm that are drilled similarly but no 20mm.
    Does anyone know of any 20mm bf 510 assemblies?
    Most the the BF MM510 are 16mm and you add a washer to bring it out to the diameter you need. They have 18, 22, 24, 30 etc so you could use the 18mm and fill the gap with something. Attach a 22mm washer to a drill with a nut/bolt and turn it down to 20mm with a file.

Probably be quicker to turn down a 22mm Varitube BF 510 to size since it would easily clamp in a drill.
    VT510_BF_v2

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Most the the BF MM510 are 16mm and you add a washer to bring it out to the diameter you need. They have 18, 22, 24, 30 etc so you could use the 18mm and fill the gap with something. Attach a 22mm washer to a drill with a nut/bolt and turn it down to 20mm with a file.

Probably be quicker to turn down a 22mm Varitube BF 510 to size since it would easily clamp in a drill.
    VT510_BF_v2
    I’d probably grind down a 22mm to fit in 20mm.Didn’t think about that.
    Thanks

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread