Burnt taste after only half a day…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesmok

Dec 8, 2020
I’ve just bought smok infinix, and I’ve encountered a problem of burnt taste only after a half a day. Maybe this is normal under certain ways of usage and I am doing something that’s causing such a fast burning of the coil. I’d like some recommendations how I could prolong the life of the coil. Has anyone encountered problem like this? The assistent told me that the pod will last around three weeks. It hasn’t even lasted for a day. What could be the issue?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
If I had to guess, I would say you are taking more than 3-5 pulls per session in quick succession.
What is the nicotine content of the juice you are using?
How many ML of juice are you using per day?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It shouldn't burn out that quick. I get a good 3-4 weeks out of the pod. Sounds like as mentioned above, your VG content on ur juice is too high.
    Pods like this are best used with a 50/50 PG/VG ratio.
    Also when filling with a new pod for the first time, leave to stand for 15 minutes so the e liquid fully saturated the wick before you start to vape.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I agree with what others have said. The pod (coil) is most likely toast... you will need a new one. Fill it, let it sit for 10-20 minutes, do a few "primer puffs" (draw air but don't press the fire button) If it's "auto-draw" (no fire button) just remove the pod and do a few draws on it) When you vape it, start with easy draws and pause between vapes until it breaks in. Does it have adjustable power (watts)? If it does, start lower and work your way up. If it doesn't, consider another device.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    OK... just watched a video. It does have adjustable power (watts) and the guy mentioned 18 watts for the included pod/coil (I would still start lower just to break it in) Bad news... no fire button. Sure "auto-draw" is convenient but DO NOT leave this on and put in a pocket or purse. One easy solution (besides turning it off... 5 clicks) is just remove the pod. Try not to vape the pod empty and don't try to fill all the way (for different reasons... empty could fry the coil, full with no airspace might make the pod flood like if it's in a warm pocket) I have no opinion on Smok products (haven't tried them)... some people say they have quality control issues, others say they are fine. Check the bottom of the pod often to see if it leaks (common with many pods) If it does, wipe the pod off and clean the connections in the battery part with a "Q-tip" (I use alcohol then a dry q-tip to dry it) Check the power (watts) setting often (it should lock but who knows) Maybe this video will help:

Reactions: Lio M
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread