Status
Not open for further replies.

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Hello All

I was looking for some feedback about some of the VV feeders out there. Specifically the VVPV for notcigs vs The Gripper from sweetvapes. I currently own a GLV-3 top/bottom 5 volt and am not very happy with it. I may actually put it up for sale, but that's another topic.

I have an order in with Chad for a VV Gripper top/bottom feed and am very excited. I was reading about the VVPV and saw some comments about some design flaws that could be a deal breaker.

I was just wondering who has the best results with what VV top/bottom feeder?'

I have been heavily into tanks and never liked dripping because I am always on the go. But now with these new push button plunge systems its a whole new game. I can't wait to put an 1.8 ohm Io6 or 801 atty on the gripper. My GLV-3 limits me to 2.5 ohm attys. I already fried 1 1.8 ohm 901 stealth from ikenvapes :( so 2.5 ohm is definately the sweet spot for 5 volt.

Thanks to all who read and post.
Aruga

aruga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
VA
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I have heard great things about all his mods.
This may sound trivial, but I noticed in the design is a squeeze bottle. I really am looking for a push button plunge system. II ride a Harley and vape alot while riding so I am looking for the best user friendly VV feeding system out there.
The gripper may be my final mod but the VVPV looks great too, minus some of the design flaws I read about such as the attty right over the VV controller (if it leaks on that it could not be good) plus a few others I am sure you all have heard about.

Would you buy a Gripper or a VVPV?

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I was reading about the VVPV and saw some comments about some design flaws that could be a deal breaker.

I was just wondering who has the best results with what VV top/bottom feeder?'
Aruga

Which flaws did you read about with the notcigs VVPV? There were some troubles with the initial release (wrong springs - wrong potentiometers, charger port placement, and a decision to change to protected batts), but judging by the perfect VVPV I have in my hand right now, I believe those issues have been fixed. Some of my comments can be found here. One item to update since I made those comments is that the drip tip adapter is now produced and for sale as a VVPV accessory. I highly recommend getting one.

The VV REO Woodvilles sold out today and it sounds like 5 to 8 weeks before the metal VV Grands come out. But the VV Metal Grands are coming in greater numbers. The first release will be 250 units. Then, there will be another 250 units for the next sale... and Rob indicated a few hours ago that he's thinking about making another substantial order from the machine shop to have a back-up run of VV Grands when the first 500 sell out. So, there should be excellent availability on VV Grands for some time.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Which flaws did you read about with the notcigs VVPV? There were some troubles with the initial release (wrong springs - wrong potentiometers, charger port placement, and a decision to change to protected batts), but judging by the perfect VVPV I have in my hand right now, I believe those issues have been fixed. Some of my comments can be found here. One item to update since I made those comments is that the drip tip adapter is now produced and for sale as a VVPV accessory. I highly recommend getting one.

The VV REO Woodvilles sold out today and it sounds like 5 to 8 weeks before the metal VV Grands come out. But the VV Metal Grands are coming in greater numbers. The first release will be 250 units. Then, there will be another 250 units for the next sale... and Rob indicated a few hours ago that he's thinking about making another substantial order from the machine shop to have a back-up run of VV Grands when the first 500 sell out. So, there should be excellent availability on VV Grands for some time.

I'll add that you really had to want one to get one. I did but, it was harrowing.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Get a DCA for the GLV-3.
No leaking & a great vape! :)

47efe9fc-6dfb-398e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread