VV Mods that can handle higher amperage draw - Big Brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I don't know anyone that vapes at 15 watts,

6.0v through a full standard dual coil (1.6 ohms w/ out juice and 1.7 ohms full of juice) = 19.8 watts. lots of people do it including occasionally me. I'm usually closer to 14 watts and sometimes around 16.5, but I have a couple of juices I like in the 20 range.

But indeed. 2.5 amps would be a real trick to make 15 watts with any existing cartos or attys.

Last edited:

GAC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
6.0v through a full standard dual coil (1.6 ohms w/ out juice and 1.7 ohms full of juice) = 19.8 watts. lots of people do it including occasionally me. I'm usually closer to 14 watts and sometimes around 16.5, but I have a couple of juices I like in the 20 range.

But indeed. 2.5 amps would be a real trick to make 15 watts with any existing cartos or attys.

Well I was talking attys not dccs, there is a huge difference between the two at 15 watts. 11 watts is brutal on an atty, I could not imagine 15 watts. Regardless of which one you are using, it would be impossible to hit the 15 watt range and stay within the 2.5 amp limit with only 5.5v to work with.

mv2envy

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Ya Im not sure on the 15W part. Maybe the circuit lets you go over the specs a bit to allow you to reach the claimed 15W's but the regulator is rated at 2.5A max from what buzz kill told me in a PM. I just find it funny how he doesnt list the max rated Amps of the regulator in the description on his site and he lets people believe its 3A and doesnt jump in and correct people when they give out wrong info. Shady business practice if you ask me.

GAC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
Well I am not going to act as though buzzkill should have to correct every incorrect post about his product, but your info about the 2.5 amp limit is surprising. Might be some good info for him to post on his site, you would think he would want people to know so they do not mess up their mods running them out of spec.

coolone1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
Spring, TX
Well I am not going to act as though buzzkill should have to correct every incorrect post about his product, but your info about the 2.5 amp limit is surprising. Might be some good info for him to post on his site, you would think he would want people to know so they do not mess up their mods running them out of spec.

The truth will set you free............

mv2envy

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles
The answer is simple though! Is it 2.5A or 3A? Its very simple! Nothing advertising involved. I have seen many threads that you were posting in (BP vs PV comes to mind on VF) where people were comparing your PV with others, and some people posted yours has a edge because it has a 3A limit instead of 2.5 like the other and you didn't correct him! Why not put the max amps in the specs on your site? It only says 15W (which is hard to believe with the 2.5A limit)

mv2envy

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Look familiar?

77lespaul said:
mv2envy said:
Is the Buzz Pros 3amp limit enough to for DC cartos? And are all new ordered Buzz Pros coming with the delrin endcap?

it is a 2.5 amp limit but works fine with DC cartos , use min. 1,5 ohms please , it will throttle the current to operate BUT it woks fine , we have tested them a bunch with DC cartos
New orders have the new bottom cap now

GAC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
There is your answer to the burning question, he can't go posting info about his mods outside of his sub-forum(we all know ecf does enforce their rules;)). It seems like he is very willing to share info about his mod if you post the questions and comments in the correct area. Now stop attacking him and go post your questions and comments in a place where he can at least defend or correct the criticisms, I know I will.

mv2envy

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Los Angeles
There is your answer to the burning question, he can't go posting info about his mods outside of his sub-forum(we all know ecf does enforce their rules;)). It seems like he is very willing to share info about his mod if you post the questions and comments in the correct area. Now stop attacking him and go post your questions and comments in a place where he can at least defend or correct the criticisms, I know I will.

I really doubt he would get banned if he posted the max amps his PV is rated at! I will not join his forum just to get the answer he already gave me via the above posted PM.

GAC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2011
Colorado Springs
You are already a member of this forum, all you have to do is go to the notcigs sub-forum(it is not a separate forum). I posted the question in there so that anyone can see it and we don't have to reference pms. Also, the forum suppliers are extremely limited to what and where they can post info about their mods, I really don't think he was lying to you.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
I have looked in the notcigs forum. I can't find the thread now but, I did see some at least one test result mentioned the specified the voltage it shut down for a particular resistance. I ran it through an ohm's law calculator and got right around 3 amps. I realize I'm not being specific with the numbers but, I do remember the result. That could mean the components exceeded the spec. Hard to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread