What to Use with Dual Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

appletux

Jul 30, 2012
Chicago
Not true as a blanket statement. It depends on the type of regulator used in the device.

Please explain safer vaping and coil longevity. :confused:

Mr Rader2146 disagrees with me, but for me in my humble opinion, makes no sense to use dual coils. Dual coils are current dividers, it divides the current between two high resistances coils!. As Mr Rader24146 pointed out, that means that a dual coils splits the power output between the two coils, which means that the heat produced by each coil in the 'dual coil' is half of the heat produced by a 'single coil' coil. Hence a weaker vapor sensation produced by a dual coil system while dissipating the same amount of energy produced by a single coil system. So, the dual coil system is less energy efficient than a single coil system. That makes no sense right?

In order to get the same vapor and heat production in a dual coil system compared to a single coil system, a higher voltage is needed, let's say at least 5~6 volts is needed . This dual coil setting requires a higher current to heat the coils (which drains the battery faster) and to get a decent vapor and heat sensation production.

Remember that a current of 50mA (milliampere) is already quite dangerous, while these devices delivers currents in the order of 1000~3000 mA. A dual coil system uses even more current in order to get a decent vaping. So the less current you have to use, the better.

In the other hand, a single coil system is a 'what you see is what you get' system. Is a more simple but more effective system that transfers electrical energy to heat. The ohm law for this kind of system says that the more Voltage and resistance you have, the less current you have to spend in a single coil to get good amounts of power output, so it saves battery life and gives you a safer experience.

berger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
Carvahall
well it still all comes down to amp capability..I built the spitfire mod off the OKR buck regulator and the person using it runs 1.5 ohm DCC's at 6V constantly....at 24 watts you have to use a tank for this obviously to keep it saturated well but paired with 18650's it works fine for them and is not overloading the C rating of these larger batts even as voltage drops....obviously thats more of an extreme case then most people but this is what it took to satisfy this particular persons cravings. Wasnt really what I had in mind when I made it but it ended up working out that way.
Personally I run an Ipro and Diamonte daily with 1.8 ohm SCC's at around 4.3 or so and that helps extend battery life over the DCCs with similar performance heat wise to my mouth anyway..:)
I guess what Im saying is you really need to understand the amps/volts/watts relationship correctly as well as the C rating for battery discharge to get the whole picture right for your particular needs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread