Status
Not open for further replies.

Figurehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.myspace.com
Sometimes mine does this as well but it's rare. My theory is that sometimes the atomizer isn't getting the juice vaporized as well for many reasons. It may have hit a dry pocket in the cart, or might even be too wet and not have time in a regular puff to vaporize it to it's best potential. E-cigs are funny like that. This is all relatively new grounds and we are pretty much the guinea pigs right now. Just tough through it tho.

Did you charge the battery a full 8-12 hours before use? Is the cart securely connected? Are the contacts on the atomizer and/or battery clean and making good conections? Just a few suggestions to look at.

Let me know if any of this helps.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    and Shawn, I'll be placing an order this evening or tomorrow, fyi. Seems like you're the man to get things from from what I've heard.

Only couple questions:

1) Can the carts be refilled for the VX2?
    2) You don't have any nicotine free carts/liquids on the site. If I order from other sites, will those liquids work?
    3) The material says plastic, but is it more of a coated metal feel?

Thanks much

Hi. Figurehead answered them all I think, except for the caps. Hmm. I have tons of caps from 510 carts, that fit reasonably well, and KR 'cart rubbers' fit ok. Maybe Shawn can order some blank caps? I've ordered 20 or so previously (forget where, think it was an add on to a China order) for a few $...or better yet, get caps on the blanks. Good point..

You can use any liquid. I didn't order from Shawn, because he was out of stock, or didn't have the PCC at the time..but I generally buy 'several things' from each vendor, would have no problems ordering 'what you need' from him from the good things I hear.

On the plastic, unsure which part you mean? The mouthpiece is plastic, as is the cart, most of which sits inside the atomizer tube. The atty tube and battery is metal. The PCC (Shawn, please correct me if somehow yours are not 'standard J118 PCCs..) is plastic. It's reasonably heavy duty, fairly thick, and is molded colored black plastic on the outside of it.

Hope that helps..

pekulior

Jun 18, 2008
    Payson, UT
    caps for the carts would be awesome! I usually like to fill up 2 or 3 carts and carry 'em around with me so I don't have to carry my stash of supplies that makes me look like some kind of ...... junky or something so some caps would be AWESOME! :)

as a side note... I was SO happy to get home back to my new baby...made it that much better I suppose. felt weird having the 401 all day. usually it's only a "around-the-town" thing because of it's small size... won't forget this thing again after that day

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2009
    WI
    Thank you all for the responses, and hopefully I didn't sabotage this thread too much. My questions were answered, and order was placed. Can't wait for it to get here and I can't wait to learn more and more about what will soon be my healthy new hobby.

Wife this morning "how much was it, because if it cost the cost of another gun...."

:wub:

dpixel8

ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2009
    WI
    At the risk of sounding like a fan boy for Shawn & litecigusa, I have to say that he's my all time favorite seller. He is fast to answer questions, take extra time for a personal touch, ships lightening fast, has the best return policy, best prices, highest quality products, and is in general, one of the nicest guys here.

Purchased from him based on not only yours, but others' comments regarding him. I am a member on multiple forums that deal in a wide array of sellers for one particular niche market product. Sometimes (MOST times I should say) it is hard to tell who's out to just make a buck, or who is in it for the long haul and will realize that a few bad issues mentioned on a forum can hurt their business rep REAL quick. I have a feeling I made a good purchase. Thanks again for the help and guidance.

denec

ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2009
    NYC
    caps for the carts would be awesome! I usually like to fill up 2 or 3 carts and carry 'em around with me so I don't have to carry my stash of supplies that makes me look like some kind of ...... junky or something so some caps would be AWESOME! :)

Yeah that would be a huge plus! a cap for the cart!

Also this way I can change flavors and rotate in case I get bored of vaping the same flavor

If you can do this shawn or has anyone else figured a way of capping the carts?

RsL

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2009
    Minneapolis
    OH! Another... you know the little "bubbles" that trinkets sold from gumbal machines come in? The smaller ones would work great as well.

Why does the mental image I have of you putting coins and more coins into a gumball machine to get the 'little bubble's crack me up so much?? LOL

Meanwhile some little girl is saying..."Mommy, why is that big man putting so much money into the gumball machine? Will he ever let me use it??"

haahaaa

RsL

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2009
    Minneapolis
    Thinking about it today, you could probably find some medical or scientific-style corks. real small ones (not sure if they even exist) that would fit tight in the carts...?

You wouldn't want something that fits 'into' the cart as that would compress the filling and actually squeeze out some juice.

I still think tin foil would be the cheapest and easiest. Just wrap some tin foil around it! But I'm sure if there is enough demand Shawn can find some regular caps like you get with 510 carts. It's kinda strange the J118 empty carts don't come with caps, but that's just not the way the manufacturer is producing them....

zips

May 21, 2009
    My thoughts: The cart's actually work!

Overall: Amazing e-cig. On a fully charged battery and topped off cart, this billows vapor, with an easy draw, and does it consistantly! No more 6-18 puffs and then drip. The VX2 eliminates that. Buy the empty carts, fully soak the filters, then smoke -- and you get easily 50 full lunged puffs. It's as good as the real thing, imo.

Pro's: THE CARTS WORK! Easy draw. Lots of vape. Consistent vape. $1.89 a day to maintain at extremely high use and ultra clean carts. (Not including e-juice) Btw, that's going through a new cart every day and a new atomizer every week. (worrrrthhh ittttt)

Con's: Come on man, what's with the batteries? They're either defective or too little for the VX2. The only negative of this product is the time you'll spend twiddling your thumbs, wanting a hit, unable to recieve it, because the little red light :)mad:) on the charger hasn't turned to the little green light :)D). And that's a pretty big draw back, I think. No other con's.

Other Thoughts: Despite the excessive downtime, it's still worth the buy. The passthrough needs to come out last week. Seriously, the sooner the better. Until you can get your hands on a passthrough, just buy 2 kits, and you'll be able to vape all day long.

zips

May 21, 2009
    To clarify something: I don't want to make it sound like these fall apart after a week, and you need a new cart every day. You don't. So if you're on a budget, the actual mileage you can get out of 1 atomizer is a lot more than 1 week, and the carts can be reused for days. I don't mind the small price to have the quality at 100% every morning, though, at no extra effort on my part :D. That's why I say $1.89 a day in maintenance is a pro, and worth it, imo.

Also, before you try it for the first time, recharge the batteries. They do not come fully charged (I'm guessing that while in shipping they lose power every time the box is bumped, as they are very sensitive.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread