Vype ePod and Vype estick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
So I know people are familiar with the Vype Pen Pro3. However, I believe this month Vype released two new products.

The Vype eStick and the Vype ePod. Has anybody tried either of these? I think they were released within the last two weeks. Since, I have not seen any review for the items.

The Vype ePod looks promising and seems to their most prominent effort in combating the juul. The eStick looks really nice. However, I can’t imagine all the local merchants carrying the cartridges.

As a juul user I may try the Vype ePod. Curious if anybody has tried these products.

Links are below:

Vype eStick – Vype Canada

Vype ePod – Vype Canada

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Hello,

I'm currently using both the ePen 3 (bought today) and the ePOD (purchased about a month ago). I like both devices very much. The ePOD has an almost identical draw as the JUUL, and hits the same. Both the JUUL and the ePOD produce the same amount of vapour and are both 57 mg/ml nicotine salts. So it really is going after the JUUL market. The ePOD comes in 5 flavours, I've tried three:
Tobacco Marvel - - a wonderful slightly sweet tobacco (think tribecca)
Mango - - probably my favorite flavour, it's the perfect hit while being ridiculously smooth
Berry Blast - - a pleasant flavour, but more muted than the Mango or tobacco marvel
The other two are vanilla & mint. I will try the vanilla, but I'm not really into minty vapes.

regarding the ePen 3, I've only tried the blended tobacco, and it's a great tobacco vape. It's dry, without any sweetness, honestly it's the best straight tobacco flavour I've tried.

The ePen 3 is an airier draw and produces more vapor. The funny thing is, the ePOD hit's me harder, but I find the ePen 3 more satisfying, as I get a stronger throat hit, more vapour and the flavour is just a touch more pronounced.

the ePOD will last me over 2-days with a single POD. I have a suspicion the ePen 3 may just make the 2-day mark, as it's produces more vapor. I'll update this when I've used the ePen 3 for a longer period of time.

One huge advantage of the ePen 3 vs. the ePod is you have a wider range of flavours and nicotine strengths.

If you're using the JUUL, and just want to replace it with something similar, but cheaper to use, I'd suggest the ePOD. $12.00 will get you 3.8 ml of eliquid, wereas with the JUUL $21.00 gets you 2.8 ml of eliquid.

Chances are you'll probably pick up both the ePOD & ePen 3. The ePen 3 is cheaper off the start as $25.00 will get you the device & 2-pods. $45.00 will get you the ePOD and only 1 pod.

I've not tried the eStick, it might be fine, but there's only two flavours. Tobacco & mint... so for me, only having the tobacco flavour is a bit of a negative. As well, it doesn't hold very much liquid.

Cheers,
M.

PS... regarding availability, everywhere in my small town offers the VYPE devices, and they carry both the ePen 3, ePod & eStick (as well as the replacement pods).

PPS... the estick is so ridiculously cheap, I might get it just to try.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the reply. Based on your stellar review and my four malfunctioned Juul devices over the last three months. I purchased the Vype EPod last night. So far I have to say, I am really enjoying the EPod. I concur absolutely that I was very surprised to see that I got a head rush from the Epod. This despite having given up smoking after 27 years. I have to also agree that the tobacco is fantastic. Best tobacco I have ever vaped hands down.

Exactly as you described it. Nice tobacco flavour with the right amount of sweetness. Also, have to agree that the vapour production for the Epod is greater in comparison to the Juul. A very thick vapour that goes so well with the rich tobacco flavour. When I purchased the Vype last night I bought an additional cartridge for tobacco. Therefore, likely that before the end of this week I will try a few more flavours.

The true test will be to see how this device handles for me one month after. Although, I do like the Juul I think its time to close that chapter.

Also, the Epod is so ergonomically appropriate. It feels great in the hand and the mouthpiece is very comfortable. Whereas, the Juul is exactly like an elongated USB. I did find the Vype EPod has a longer ramp up time. In that I have to inhale longer. Whereas, with the Juul its quick.

However, after close to four to five Juul devices I am fed up and hope that Vype is the go to device.

Also, great that the device is available at literally every gas station in my area. I live in Halton, Ontario so last night I purchased it as the storm was raging.

NeonH1

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2018
Great, I'm happy to hear it's working out for you. I purchased my device on 31-Dec-18, so just about a month. It's replaced my other devices. 1 Pod lasts me 2.5 days. So considering $12.00 covers 5 days of vaping, it's a pretty descent cost. The Mango & Tobacco's are great, I wasn't too fond of the berry, but will probably use it from time to time. I've also noticed that vype products are now available in many places, not just ESSO & Circle K. I did a store finder lookup on the weekend, and now my local variety store carries the product. Less than a 1 minute walk. For me this is a huge advantage. I'm generally not free to purchase vape gear until after 9:00 PM, so all my local shops are closed. Being able to walk down the street and get a refill (or a new device if mine fails) is fantastic.

NorthVape

Apr 18, 2019
Hey all - I have to agree with Neon.. I have both ePod and ePen3 and feel they both are great. Blended tobacco is great for epen3 and marvel tobacco is great for epod. I just got the pod today and I like it.. have had the pen for 2 weeks and have a variety of flavs for it. I’ve just quit smoking two weeks ago and am totally loving the switch to vape! I understand all the forums that support Indy vapes but switching from cigs can be tricky and looking for a company that I could know the quality with the availability.. I live in a town of 500.. made these the right choice .. “big tobacco” and all :) oh and not to mention the epen3 biggest feature.. no dry hits!

Reactions: dansus

NorthVape

Apr 18, 2019
Hey a follow up.. the Vype pod did toss me a burnt pod with over half full. I tried the “Phil” and it kinda worked but I called the customer service and they’re sending a new one!!

Also *** they will send you a label so you can send all old finished pods back to them for recycling to avoid more plastic in landfill.. which is great! For all Vype products!

NorthVape

Apr 18, 2019
Totally.. I have a couple Burt pods as well.. I have the label but did not send back yet.. if you google “burnt pod phix”.. I said Phil in my post above sorry.. lol... someone has figured out a way to get the wick to absorb again and it worked for me.. just simply squeeze the pod in the middle... I just put my thumb and forefinger where the vype logos are and use both hands to squeeze hard and you will see a couple small bubbles pop up.. and the pod is then good for a while.. may have to do this a couple times until the pod is done.. if this doesn’t work on my other burnt one - I will be sending them back. Hope that helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread