Waaaaa.... sniff, sniff - but I love V4L :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
But it sure doesn't like me. :(

Remember when I thought I was a mega-dorkwad, thinking I overdosed - making myself sick? Well, I guess that wasn't it.

I did a little experiment.... stopped the V4L's for a weekish until I felt better. (used my cruddy little greensmokes) Once my tummy got back to normal, I tried just the Premium cartos for the day. Yep - that night - OUCHIES! Back on GS for a few days, then tried the WOW. Yep, more cramping and pain that night. Then, *with my fingers crossed* tried the all VG juice. Nope, even worse. Waaaaaa.

The only thing on the planet (that I know of) that effects me this way is Lactose. (can't drink milk, etc) Do we know if there's any lactose in the V4L juices?

Does anyone have any ideas? I still love V4L, but perhaps it wasn't meant to be. :cry:

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Once my tummy got back to normal, I tried just the Premium cartos for the day. Yep - that night - OUCHIES! Back on GS for a few days, then tried the WOW. Yep, more cramping and pain that night. Then, *with my fingers crossed* tried the all VG juice. Nope, even worse. Waaaaaa.

Based on this bit of information, I'd guess that you are having a reaction to VG. IIRC, greensmoke juice is all PG. Premium & WoW juices from V4L all have some VG in the mix (the amounts are super secret).

One way to test this hypothesis, is to buy some Glycerin USP from a local store (about $3 for a bottle) and put that in a blank carto and try to vape that and see if you react to it. Glycerin USP is just VG, but make sure it says USP (safe for human consumption) on it. You'll find it at Walmart in the bandaid aisle. If this stuff gives you the same reaction, you'll have to stick with 100% PG juice, which is getting harder and harder to find through vendors, and may have to try DIY.

If the Glycerin USP doesn't effect you the same way, then it might be a specific flavoring used in the juice (juices?) that you are trying to vape. What flavors are giving you cramping and pain?

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you all so much! You are amazing. I am determined to stay in the V4L family, but I guess I'll just have to cheat a little in the juice department! The flavors I've been trying are the menthol, spearmint, and the really ouchie one was Vanilla.

So, on to experiment - part II. :) I just ordered some all PG juice from Tasty Vapors. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Wintering

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Thank you all so much! You are amazing. I am determined to stay in the V4L family, but I guess I'll just have to cheat a little in the juice department! The flavors I've been trying are the menthol, spearmint, and the really ouchie one was Vanilla.

So, on to experiment - part II. :) I just ordered some all PG juice from Tasty Vapors. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Wintering
:nun::nun::nun::nun::nun::nun::nun::nun::nun: for you honey :smokie:

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Based on this bit of information, I'd guess that you are having a reaction to VG. IIRC, greensmoke juice is all PG. Premium & WoW juices from V4L all have some VG in the mix (the amounts are super secret).

One way to test this hypothesis, is to buy some Glycerin USP from a local store (about $3 for a bottle) and put that in a blank carto and try to vape that and see if you react to it. Glycerin USP is just VG, but make sure it says USP (safe for human consumption) on it. You'll find it at Walmart in the bandaid aisle. If this stuff gives you the same reaction, you'll have to stick with 100% PG juice, which is getting harder and harder to find through vendors, and may have to try DIY.

If the Glycerin USP doesn't effect you the same way, then it might be a specific flavoring used in the juice (juices?) that you are trying to vape. What flavors are giving you cramping and pain?

If you're reacting that strongly to something, and that something IS vg ... be VERY, VERY CAREFUL with this suggested experiment. Once you've been exposed an allergic reaction can turn quite serious quite quickly. One minute you're fine, the next you're going into anaphylaxis. Not a good risk, imho.

Jan

jmpublius

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
oll.libertyfund.org
If you're reacting that strongly to something, and that something IS vg ... be VERY, VERY CAREFUL with this suggested experiment. Once you've been exposed an allergic reaction can turn quite serious quite quickly. One minute you're fine, the next you're going into anaphylaxis. Not a good risk, imho.

Jan

I'll second that. I think it's worth repeating.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
I'll second that. I think it's worth repeating.

Thank you curiousJan and jmpublius.... (and everyone!) I was kinda thinkin' along the same lines. (but I greatly appreciate Darrigaaz's input) I've had absolutely no prob's with the GreenSmokes (which apparently has no VG) so I didn't want to take the chance of having another horrible night. Yikes, I've only read about people having prob's with the PG, so I didn't even think the VG would be the problem. Ha, a veggie product could cause harm? Ack!

Now I've got everything crossed that I have enough GreenSmoke cartos to last me until my Tasty Vapor order arrives! Hey.... anyone want a deal on my cartos & juice? (*giggles*) I know, I know.... I'll hope for a trade in the folder above. :2cool:

My new e-family ROCKS!

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California

Wintering

im not supposed to say this here ( dont hate )but i have some juices from them and they are really flavorful to me .I use both but i gotta have a range or i get bored ....

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
justacatholicgirl.wordpress.com
im not supposed to say this here ( dont hate )but i have some juices from them and they are really flavorful to me .I use both but i gotta have a range or i get bored ....

We know where your loyalties are Waylon! There's probably a handful of people on this forum who don't purchase from other vendors here and there. I have another gourmet/high end juice vendor that I use but it doesn't mean I'm not a loyal V4L gal!

Macks

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Illinois, USA
I cannot vape anything with more than twenty percent vg our my ears start to ring and volant stomach aches so it is a good chance that the vg is getting to you.

I had no idea ringing ears could be caused by VG. For the last couple of days my right ear has been ringing and my hearing has been muffled. I've been thinking that i have an ear infection, and if it doesn't improve by tomorrow I'm going to the doctor, but now I wonder if vaping has anything to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread