Ding, ding.... round 2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hi all, first off - thank you SO MUCH for all your amazing (and fun!) help. {{{hugs}}}

If anyone wants to play again, it's time for round 2 .... or .... maybe I should say she's down for the count. :blink: I sure hope you have some suggestions for me, or it looks like I'll have to go back to GreenSmoke. :facepalm:

I have SOOOO enjoyed my V4L's and playing with all the yummy flavors. After the first few days, I noticed everything getting very dry, (eyes, nose, etc) but the worst part was waking up in the middle of the night with severe stomach cramps. (ouch!) So, after all your fab-u-lous advice, I ordered the VG juice and filled up my spiffy new empty cartos. Erm.... lets just say I should have brought pillows into the bathroom. Ohmygishgoshsakes! 8-o Just to balance out my tummy again, I've put down the V4L's and puffing on the GreenSmokes. (erg) Can't handle another night like last night!

1) May I ask if we know the percentages of PG / VG on the cartos? (the 100% VG isn't gonna do... well, unless I want to lose 10 pounds - fast!) I think the VG Wow has the most VG, and the Premium has the least (right?) but do we know how much? Maybe I can play and add the VG juice to some of my other cartos, eh?

2) Is there a way to find out the % in the GreenSmokes? (I looked on the web, but couldn't find anything) What ever combination they use, I had absolutely no problems. (at either end! :blush: )

3) I really love V4L, but apparently their juice doesn't like me. So do you have any suggestions on other mfg's carto's I could try, still using my beautiful batts? Eeks, sorry if I broke the rules here..... I'll just blame it on :censored: 'ing my brains out last night!

Wintering

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Wintering,

I believe the WOW is 70/30, and the Premium 80/20, but the actual ratio is a highly guarded secret ;-) so that's my best guess. Have you tried a lower MG, and do the prefilled carts have the same effect? Is it always the same flavor/MG or does it happen with everything? Maybe someone else will come along an offer other ideas.

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    Central IL
    Hi all, first off - thank you SO MUCH for all your amazing (and fun!) help. {{{hugs}}}

If anyone wants to play again, it's time for round 2 .... or .... maybe I should say she's down for the count. :blink: I sure hope you have some suggestions for me, or it looks like I'll have to go back to GreenSmoke. :facepalm:

I have SOOOO enjoyed my V4L's and playing with all the yummy flavors. After the first few days, I noticed everything getting very dry, (eyes, nose, etc) but the worst part was waking up in the middle of the night with severe stomach cramps. (ouch!) So, after all your fab-u-lous advice, I ordered the VG juice and filled up my spiffy new empty cartos. Erm.... lets just say I should have brought pillows into the bathroom. Ohmygishgoshsakes! 8-o Just to balance out my tummy again, I've put down the V4L's and puffing on the GreenSmokes. (erg) Can't handle another night like last night!

1) May I ask if we know the percentages of PG / VG on the cartos? (the 100% VG isn't gonna do... well, unless I want to lose 10 pounds - fast!) I think the VG Wow has the most VG, and the Premium has the least (right?) but do we know how much? Maybe I can play and add the VG juice to some of my other cartos, eh?

2) Is there a way to find out the % in the GreenSmokes? (I looked on the web, but couldn't find anything) What ever combination they use, I had absolutely no problems. (at either end! :blush: )

3) I really love V4L, but apparently their juice doesn't like me. So do you have any suggestions on other mfg's carto's I could try, still using my beautiful batts? Eeks, sorry if I broke the rules here..... I'll just blame it on :censored: 'ing my brains out last night!

Wintering

You can use any KR808-D cartos on your V4L batteries ... and you could fill blank/empty V4L cartos with juice from another source. Either might address your troubles.

Sorry you're having difficulties!!
    Jan

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 2, 2011
    Outside DC
    Ms. Wintering sounds like your issues on the non-vg line has to with not drinking enough. It causes dehydration, which can lead to your.... Issues.... Vg is used in a number of laxatives so that could lead to part two.... A good guideline is at least 12oz of water to each ml of juice you go through. Not to mention cigs have many laxative qualities, and going off of them can cause your previous issue as well...

The percentages are a trade secret, but premium (cool carts) is around 80/20, wow 70/30..

As for greensmoke, their old cartos were straight pg, not sure what their current mix is since I haven't used them since my switch to v4l.

If throwing up was an issue then that's a possible sign of nicotine overdose. What mg are you using?

Last edited:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
    May 29, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Thank you all so much - again! {{{hugs}}}

Well, ;) maybe except for Mr. Snow!

1. No you may not
    2. No there is not
    3. No I do not

*giggles*

Yep, drinking a ton (well, okay... gallons!) of water. Eeks, it's a good thing I'm self employed so I can work at home - otherwise I'd be fired for running to the biffy all day! Hmmmm, and thanks Mr. Morandir .... perhaps I should stick with the Premium and see what happens. If GreenSmoke only uses pg (their blend liked me!) I'll stick with the least amount of vg as possible. But I wonder why GS's never dried me out? Hmmmmm.

I hope *fingers crossed* I'm not overdosing on the nic. I'm using the 18 mg right now.

Thanks again!

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    yep...yep...yep.....much water is needed. PG is a dehydrant which is why they use it so much in childrens wards of hospitals...germs cannot survive without moisture. As for the bathroom issues, hate to inform you, it is more an issue of quitting smoking than the use of V4L juice. As your body rids itself of all the toxins included in cigarette smoke, your body is doing many things to get back to a normal state. The bathroom issues are temporary, and you will find yourself back to a regular schedule. You can find all this info in the health and wellness section of the ECF as well.

So the good news is, it's a good sign and only temporary...the bad news, it's pretty much inevitable....no matter what juice you use at no matter what concentration and no matter where you get it. Welcome to the wonderful world of getting healthy:D

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    Wintering, I have my days where I cannot get enough water...I have on hand at all times Systane eye drops and at home, I do keep saline nose spray, but with all the allergens in the air right now, I have not needed it for some time, but it does wonders for moisturizing your nasal passages....just make sure it is just a saline, the medicated stuff will just dry you out more.

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    hehehehehe......

I've been taking Brevity Lessons. :p

K9...has you covered on the PG/VG ratios, most companies outside of custom juice makers keep their forumlas confidential, and it would impossible to recommend another manufacturer on the guarantee that you may not have the same reaction.

Now I know the B.A. has been having some funky weather so the bigger question is could your physical ailments be from something else? I'm heading down there at the end of the week to see family in Woodside/Los Altos Hills and don't know whether to bring a jacket or extra pairs of shorts.

Given your start with GS which was apparently without illness issues I doubt you have any PG allergies. As you stated you been drinking plenty of water so...:confused:...at this point anything I could add on the subject would just be guesses. Hopefully you've been drinking bottles water...ya know Daly City, SSF, Brisbane, and even parts of San Mateo can have some pretty dicey tap water. :p

I know this doesn't help, but perhaps (hopefully) this is just a coincidental occurrence of switching vendors and simultaneously getting a 24 hour stomach bug.

Last edited:

Wintering

ECF Veteran
    May 29, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    HeeHee, Hi Snow! I love short and sweet, (although I'm rather tall & sour - today!)

Nope, no health issues here - other than the past week. (*knock on head*) Haven't been sick in years ... I owe it all to excessive use of Tabasco sauce! (hmmmm, maybe new potential flavor!?!) I just find it rather funky that I was fine while using the GS for about a month, but once my V4L arrived..... that's when the "issues" began. (either the Sahara or Blast Off time!) While vaping WOW, (in my starter kit) I needed to drink gallons of water. The looooong night after vaping the Vanilla VG juice - 8-o . I honestly don't know if that's a co-inki-dinki, or just me!

Ohhhh... packing tip ~ all you'll need is a sweater. Our record breaking rain finally moved on, and we may hit the 80's this weekend. And yep, when I lived in B-game, bottled water was a must. You should be just fine in the Woodside area. I love it there. I use to live in a redwood forest in LaHonda. Ahhhhhh..... :)

Sorry... maybe I should take those Brevity Classes too! :facepalm:

Wintering

hehehehehe......

I've been taking Brevity Lessons. :p

K9...has you covered on the PG/VG ratios, most companies outside of custom juice makers keep their forumlas confidential, and it would impossible to recommend another manufacturer on the guarantee that you may not have the same reaction.

Now I know the B.A. has been having some funky weather so the bigger question is could your physical ailments be from something else? I'm heading down there at the end of the week to see family in Woodside/Los Altos Hills and don't know whether to bring a jacket or extra pairs of shorts.

Given your start with GS which was apparently without illness issues I doubt you have any PG allergies. As you stated you been drinking plenty of water so...:confused:...at this point anything I could add on the subject would just be guesses. Hopefully you've been drinking bottles water...ya know Daly City, SSF, Brisbane, and even parts of San Mateo can have some pretty dicey tap water. :p

I know this doesn't help, but perhaps (hopefully) this is just a coincidental occurrence of switching vendors and simultaneously getting a 24 hour stomach bug.

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Hehehe....I'll be at Rizotti's (Alpine Inn) in P.V. hammering a couple of 40s on Saturday out on the back benches with some friends. Sorry to hear about the loooong night and really wish I had some magic words for you. Would love it if you could keep us advised and if everything returns to normal I'll pm you with some flavor suggestions.

BTW...Love La Honda...lived right down the hill 10920 Page Mill Rd. right above foothill park. If you look across the canyon from Page Mill & Moody...the sole house with the 2 big windows on the ridge is where I used to call home. One of the best views of the entire Bay Area in LAH.

The Pioneer..Alice's..Hitting the bar at Kincaid's in Burlingame..Sneaking into Crystal Springs Resvr and fishing..Good Times :)

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    Hehehe....I'll be at Rizotti's (Alpine Inn) in P.V. hammering a couple of 40s on Saturday out on the back benches with some friends. Sorry to hear about the loooong night and really wish I had some magic words for you. Would love it if you could keep us advised and if everything returns to normal I'll pm you with some flavor suggestions.

BTW...Love La Honda...lived right down the hill 10920 Page Mill Rd. right above foothill park. If you look across the canyon from Page Mill & Moody...the sole house with the 2 big windows on the ridge is where I used to call home. One of the best views of the entire Bay Area in LAH.

The Pioneer..Alice's..Hitting the bar at Kincaid's in Burlingame..Sneaking into Crystal Springs Resvr and fishing..Good Times :)

you will still need a jacket for evening in woodside and or la honda snow .I dont think we will see above low 70's but u never know this year .

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread