Wall Street Journal Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
I give up, the "comments" button doesn't seem to be loading at all. I don't 'subscribe' to these, WSJ or any others, wish I could afford it but don't really have time to read them everyday anyway. I can't even keep up with ECF!
I have a feeling it would be probably all still there in a subscribed version, but not sure about that.
No kidding, everything does need FDA approval these days, but the bar is mighty high for gaining it. Seems like BigP and BigT are the only ones with the money and the time.

Last edited:

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I give up, the "comments" button doesn't seem to be loading at all. I don't 'subscribe' to these, WSJ or any others, wish I could afford it but don't really have time to read them everyday anyway.

You can register for free to post comments...

Anyone else make a comment that's no longer there?

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Ok I'm not a conspiracy-theory-type person, and I don't want to sound paranoid, but why on earth would comments just vanish?

Actually, I posted one last night...when it was gone this morning, I posted again. Now it is gone, too.

If it were some little podunk website, I'd think it was a glitch. But this is the WALL STREET JOURNAL...

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I have just sent this email to: feedback@wsj.com

This morning there were five comments on the story located here. FDA Warns Five E-Cigarette Makers, Says Products Need FDA Approval - WSJ.com

This evening, there are 4 comments and one of them is a duplicate. My comment was one of the five that was there this morning, but it has disappeared now. Can you please tell me whether the WSJ is censoring comments, or whether there is a technical glitch in the comments application?

This is the text of the comment I left this morning. Does it contain any material that violates WSJ rules for comments?

The issue of whether or not e-cigarettes are a drug delivery device combination is currently under litigation. The FDA is defying the U.S. Federal court system by proceeding as if it has won the case. The lower court ruled that the products are not intended to treat a disease and are therefore not to be regulated under the Food Drug and Cosmetics Act. Judge Leon went on to point out that FDA has all the power it needs to protect public health by regulating the products under the tobacco Act. What's the difference? It is estimated that half a million Americans have substituted the electronic cigarette for all their smoked cigarettes. As a result, they are enjoying better lung health and have reduced their risks of smoking-related disease. If the FDA insists on regulating them as if they were a medical treatment, they will be removed from the market. Where does that leave all these former smokers? Back on Winstons and Marlboros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread