Walmart gives Big Tobacco a Nice Gift: No more E-Cig Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Walmart said Friday it will stop selling e-cigarettes as the number of deaths tied to vaping grows and federal officials prepare to crack down on the industry.

The decision from America's largest retailer may influence other stores and marks a significant blow to the vaping industry.
"Given the growing federal, state and local regulatory complexity and uncertainty regarding e-cigarettes, we plan to discontinue the sale of electronic nicotine delivery products at all Walmart and Sam's Club US locations," the company said in a statement. "We will complete our exit after selling through current inventory."

Read rest here:

Walmart will stop selling e-cigarettes - CNN

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes. If you qualify. The majority of their employees are on AHCCCS which I hear is actually better than Walmart's which is RATHER SHADY INDEED.

Sadly, in the town I live in I can buy my groceries at Walmart.... Or Food City. Honestly, in Tucson I bought a LOT of my groceries from Food City but like, they got the ACTUAL Mexican produce which doesn't taste like plastic.

This food city is TOO close to the border. When you walk in it smells like wet hay and the produce doesn't taste like plastic like Walmart's does, but it does taste absolutely horrible and it's like totally unripe. I have had A tomato from there where like my teeth bounced off when I tried to eat it.

I still buy my Virgin of Guadalupe candles from there for fitty cents when like, I need some white magic but that is about ALL I buy and ALSO like, they candles work. The Food City ones are the only ones that do, though.

I have never bought any type of vape or tobacco product from Walmart and it is my fervent hope never to do so (they make you wait in some special other "shame" line and it takes forever) so no big loss for me.

Anna

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Yes. If you qualify. The majority of their employees are on AHCCCS which I hear is actually better than Walmart's which is RATHER SHADY INDEED.

Sadly, in the town I live in I can buy my groceries at Walmart.... Or Food City. Honestly, in Tucson I bought a LOT of my groceries from Food City but like, they got the ACTUAL Mexican produce which doesn't taste like plastic.

This food city is TOO close to the border. When you walk in it smells like wet hay and the produce doesn't taste like plastic like Walmart's does, but it does taste absolutely horrible and it's like totally unripe. I have had A tomato from there where like my teeth bounced off when I tried to eat it.

I still buy my Virgin of Guadalupe candles from there for fitty cents when like, I need some white magic but that is about ALL I buy and ALSO like, they candles work. The Food City ones are the only ones that do, though.

I have never bought any type of vape or tobacco product from Walmart and it is my fervent hope never to do so (they make you wait in some special other "shame" line and it takes forever) so no big loss for me.

Anna
In my town, Farmington, NM, I have to go to Walmart for produce. I got peaches as smiths. As you say, the Smiths' peaches bounced off my teeth on day one. Day two, pulpy and flavorless. Day three - like really big raisins.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread