icy cold hit lol

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I dont see the rda in there lol??

The cartotank is attached on top of an RDA where the drip tip would normally go. Looks like he added an oring to the 510 threading of an emptied out, flanged, carto. Then he inserted the carto into a carto tank, filled it with water, and capped it off with a driptip. Then he put the 510 threaded part of the carto into his RDA as a drip tip.

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
This whole dealio start out a while back when I decided to hollow out an old carto after switching to rebuildables. I wanted a tall wide bore tip but they were all around $30 when I was looking. I took the guts out with a set of small needle nose pliers, cut the top off the carto-condom to cover the little holes, and found an oring that fit well... BLAMO 30 buckaroos saved. :rickroll:
xaJqtQp.jpg
XWuzSWP.jpg

Someone didn't much like it said "well it doesn't look very provarian" lol

From there I started going with lower builds and a buddy of mine mentioned how awesome his drip tip insulator was from ninja mods, which also cost around $30. The lightbulb went off again and to the vapejunk drawer I went. Did the same thing as before except cut the carto down a bit and drilled the holes slightly larger, 30 more saved :banana:

Vaping on some deusjuice and I got the urge to see how it would taste/feel if the hit were cold. I threw my top cap and carto tip in the mini fridge and came back for it later once it had chilled. It was an interesting first hit, cold all the way to the end. After that first hit the cap and tip started to warm back up. As I was going to throw it back in the fridge something reminded me of those water ....s that have sections of gel that you throw in the fridge, you know to make sure your tobacco smoke doesn't choke you up ;). So sitting around yesterday I decided to bust out the old vapejunk and this was the result.

fBKwGWl.jpg

The body is an el cheepo plastic dct tank. All I have are prepunched cartos so I had to cover the hole with carto condom. Inside the cartos there is a bit of a lip that is visible once you take the guts out, I used a dremel to fill it away so there isn't any unnecessary airflow reduction. Slapped an oring on the threads, filled her up, and in the fridge she went. 30 min later popped it on and :vapor:

No leaking yet, stays cool for about 5-10 min. It is a really strange feeling at first, I wasn't sure if the mod was misfiring or not, then exhale a big ol cloud lol. The build I have on is twisted 26 duals @ .25ohm so they usually take a second to warm up but once they do you feel it, not this time tho

Last edited:

bm2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
For the OP, I have another trick that will help you get a cool hit. You may already do it, but if not I highly recommend it. I used to tuck plenty of cotton under the coil and at .2 ohms it was just too hot.

I started leaving a little hole beneath the coil so no cotton is directly touching the bottom of the coil. It allows you to pull cool air from the top and bottom of the coil, overall making the vape 30 degrees or so cooler.

JBal4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Kalamazoo, MI, United States
Fantastic!
Im a watercooling junky, all my computers, ive done al lmy friends computers too, its great!
Now to watercool a boxmod, or a drip tip like you sir!

If you wire your pump power into the power button on your mod you could turn it into a cooling/auto-dripping system all in one lol. Instead of having the system loop back send the juice to your dripper. Mount a bottle of juice to your mod as the "reservoir", run that through the cooling system, then drill a hole in the dripper top cap and run a hose from the mod to the dripper. Every time you take a hit it is juicing itself up for the next hit and cooling all in one :headbang:

Need to throw dry ice in the carto tank. Warning (dry ice explodes under pressure)

:shock: from one extreme to the other lmao, might as well just go with liquid nitrogen in a glass carto tank. No need to break up the ice, just pour the N2 right in.(WARNING do not do this!)

I've been thinking of ways to water cool my vape. Gotta say you did a damn good job of being creative.

Haha thanks bm2112, i just love tinkerin with stuff. I have a bunch of random vape stuff that is either used up or not worth the hassle of tring to sell so this is what I do when Im bored had a few other projects like a dripper that I threw a tank on top of it, and my frankenMVP running on 18500 batts ... the list goes on lol

For the OP, I have another trick that will help you get a cool hit. You may already do it, but if not I highly recommend it. I used to tuck plenty of cotton under the coil and at .2 ohms it was just too hot.

I started leaving a little hole beneath the coil so no cotton is directly touching the bottom of the coil. It allows you to pull cool air from the top and bottom of the coil, overall making the vape 30 degrees or so cooler.

I have done somthing like what you are describing I think, I just didn't like the amount of juice that gets tossed when I would do a rewick job. One thing that I liked when I first started building subohms was to run a bit of cotton over top the coil, put the coil as close as you can to the cap and then raise the coil a bit. use the extra cotton from in and on the coil to drape down and towards the center of the dripper, it makes a sort of tunnel if done right forcing the air to go under and then up the back side of the coil. but now I just drill out bigger air flow and throw a watercooling system on there lolol. thanks for the tip tho :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread