Want an VV APV, Don't Know Where to Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Best buy right now I've seen is the LT V 3 made by Uniq at DV. It is a 18650 VV that also reads ohms and is only 44.00 or 49.00 for the chrome. I have one that I paid almost twice that amount. Mine has worked very good for me for several months.
Uniq - Lava V3.0 Variable Voltage Device - Black

Last edited:

phillofdfuture

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2009

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
ahhhh booo i just bought the young june v2 from crystal clear vaping i think on like aug 5!!! BOOOOO
Lava Tube Quality is typical Chinese Hit and Miss. Quality. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good one. Mine was a young June unit. I spilled a little liquid on it. Went right into the little buttons and the unit fried on me. Began pouring smoke.

Than the second one came and within an hour I had problems with it accepting cartomizers. It would only work with the cartomizer unscrewed 1/2 a turn. Than within 3 hours the sweet spot went away.

Hit and miss quality. Read the forums and as many that swear by the Lavatube also pan it. The Smoktek Varicool is the only unit that I've seen under $70.00 with spot on quality from beginning to end. The only drawback is that it comes in a plastic battery box so it's not pretty. But for what it does it performs at or above a Provari and no one who has ever owned a Lava Tube and a Provari would ever make that statement.

Last edited:

phillofdfuture

Verified Member
Sep 16, 2009
Lava Tube Quality is typical Chinese Hit and Miss. Quality. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get a good one. Mine was a young June unit. I spilled a little liquid on it. Went right into the little buttons and the unit fried on me. Began pouring smoke.

Than the second one came and within an hour I had problems with it accepting cartomizers. It would only work with the cartomizer unscrewed 1/2 a turn. Than within 3 hours the sweet spot went away.

Hit and miss quality. Read the forums and as many that swear by the Lavatube also pan it. The Smoktek Varicool is the only unit that I've seen under $70.00 with spot on quality from beginning to end. The only drawback is that it comes in a plastic battery box so it's not pretty. But for what it does it performs at or above a Provari and no one who has ever owned a Lava Tube and a Provari would ever make that statement.

well got it last week and got to say im very pleased. Its my fist VV and havent had any difficulties yet. pretty straight forward, everything works. If anything im having more trouble trying to get the tank mod to work :p haha

mattkohl71

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa
If you still haven't taken the plunge, wait for the lavatube 2.0 from Buy E-Cigarette | Safety Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes (have a look under 'forum' then 'new and upcoming products')

I've been in the market for a VV mod, and read up alot, deciding that I want a tube mod. Then, reading all about the new lavatube, it seems to be the best choice out there right now.

They will be releasing it this week still, or early next week for $80 for the body only, and $109 for the kit (with AW battery, and Xtar charger!)

Thanks for the heads up. I am actually ordering everything this Friday, so I really hope they have it out by then!

Right now, going to rock a couple of cheap eGo Twists for on the go, and the new Lavatube 2.0 for home use.

It's a lot different than when I first started shopping around, but decided to go a little bit cheaper and go with more reliable devices.

My main focus is getting better cartomizers right now, so along with those 3 batteries I'll be picking up some Kanger T2's and a Mini Vivi Nova tank to test out!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Thanks for the heads up. I am actually ordering everything this Friday, so I really hope they have it out by then!

Right now, going to rock a couple of cheap eGo Twists for on the go, and the new Lavatube 2.0 for home use.

It's a lot different than when I first started shopping around, but decided to go a little bit cheaper and go with more reliable devices.

My main focus is getting better cartomizers right now, so along with those 3 batteries I'll be picking up some Kanger T2's and a Mini Vivi Nova tank to test out!

Sounds like good choices. I really like the T2's especially for the price. I haven't tried the mini novas because they cost three times as much. You can get Kanger T2's here for 4.25 and five heads for 6.50 with free shipping. eGo 2.4ml CC Coil Changeable clear cartomizer clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread