Want to buy the best regulated box mod, rta and rda there is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
For top drawer, lost vape makes great gear. You might take a look at Dicodes as well. The bottom line is, you can spend up to the sky's the limit for a top of the line custom piece, or you can buy some doggone good gear at prices a normal human can afford. If you don't need TC, have a glance at Squid Vapes. Their Double Barrel is my go-to regulated mod.

tanks are harder to say. I generally stick to an Aromamizer and the Serpent SMM. But really, neither of those are in the upper crust, merely darn good gear at a reasonable price. I have owned some attys with price tags ending in a couple of zeros, but I never yet found one I like well enough to think I made a good deal when I bought it. What I want to do is buy a lathe and have a smack at making one for myself :)

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
There is no best. Whilst we can, probably, come up with a worst; the best vape is subjective.

For example, I love my Gbox and Radar RDA. Most people replace the Radar as it's an average dripper. Was it expensive? No, £35 from Ecigone Returns section. I spent £60 odd quid on a Coolfire Ultra TC and it turned into a paperweight in the middle of work.

Another great example is SMOK. It is widely hated as a brand but I love my T-Priv. Others love the Prince tank but I hate the Prince tank. I love(d) my Uwell Crown OG but my colleague, who purchased one on my recommendation, hated it and reverted back to his Cleito which I despise due to the coil system.

And did I mention that's just in the niche that I personally fall into? There's a reason that everyone is recommending you broaden your vaping horizons before committing to high end products. I made the natural progression from a quit kit to decent MTL to average Subohm to dripping. It's a path many will walk but it's walked for that exact reason, finding your vaping niche.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If the best vape is subjective, the worst is as well. I'm sorry like that's like saying hot can be measured but cold can only be estimated.

A lot of the gear you mentioned I would hate.

There is only varying degrees of personal preference although as a general rule there are SOME vapes that ALMOST everyone loves or hates within a given class, but also, like WITHIN that class of gear there will be the sour apple going, "I hate that."

One thing is for darn sure as well, price MAY increase quality, but it doesn't ALWAYS do so, either, and even on that scale of "price" there will be things to love and to hate. Etc.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Been vaping for a while now, started with a ego aio then got given a jaybo rx mini with avacoda rta which broke very quickly (the mod that is) been using my house mates blade with a smok rta. His rig seems good but feels cheap. I want an RTA for everyday use an RTA for when I'm at home and experimenting with new flavours etc. Any advice appreciated thanks guys.
Might like to read Best Vape Mod Buying Guide for 2018 :
Best Vape Mods and Box Mods of 2018 | Buyer's Guide

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Paranormal is great. 24mm atty sits on it nice. 25mm and 26mm you can get away with. Anything bigger overhangs some. So think about that if you want to match a rta. I got the pearl fish with chopped carbon that looks awesome but I did not like most other colors. Sorry carbon fiber and wood grain do not look good together.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Olc stratums and a kayfun are hard to beat. I know expensive devices aren't always the best, but these mods & tanks are imo. But what's best imo may not be best to others, so in the end you just need to take a chance and make a purchase. only time and experiencing a device for yourself will answer your question. This buying, trying, perhaps selling and trading, then buying another and doing it all over again is a part of vaping that is exciting and part of the lore that makes vaping an awesome experience

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20171022_114432.jpg
    20171022_114432.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Olc stratums and a kayfun are hard to beat. I know expensive devices aren't always the best, but these mods & tanks are imo. But what's best imo may not be best to others, so in the end you just need to take a chance and make a purchase. only time and experiencing a device for yourself will answer your question. This buying, trying, perhaps selling and trading, then buying another and doing it all over again is a part of vaping that is exciting and part of the lore that makes vaping an awesome experience

So far, my best have been in the mid-range, and are now woefully outdated. for the past two months, I've been using a Sigeli 100 and a Goblin Mini... still haven't found a good replacement yet. Currently looking for a good 22-23mm RTA with top fill that won't break easily. Dual coil is preferred, but single will do. Small decks and hard building is not a problem.. I am already used to it with the Goblin mini. And it must be extremely leak resistant like my goblin.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
My "best" setup as of now is my Drop rda and my pulse 80w squonker

I don't use these together as the pulse is a single battery and i need more than 1hour out of my cella but i mox and match alot these days.

This might change once i get a drop solo though.
The Desire Rage if you're not using TC is an unbeatable mod. A little heavy perhaps, but very comfy, 2 battery mod.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
As most have stated, "best" is subjective. We cannot tell you what is best for you. That is up to you to find your own "best".

I would normally recommend something, but what I use doesn't really fit what you are showing interest in, so I feel my recommended products would be invalid for you.

I just want to throw this out there. Don't take the reveiwers videos on YouTube to heart. When doing research, make sure to check out what the average vaper has to say on it as well. You will typically find more valuable facts and observations from forums and user reviews than you will on YouTube reviews.

Dont be afraid to think for yourself. If something looks like it is something you won't like, don't get it even if tons of people say it is great. It is you that has to invest your money in it and you that has to vape it. If the ergonomics or design is not your thing, you shouldn't compromise because someone else likes it. Go to a local shop and get hands on with multiple mods to see what size and layout you like the best, then take that info and narrow down your search.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
The Desire Rage if you're not using TC is an unbeatable mod. A little heavy perhaps, but very comfy, 2 battery mod.
I've found the pulse to be quite comfy, small and light and no i don't use tc but buying a 100$ mod is a no no for me and i don't need it since i do quite well with just 1 battery from the pulse.

LewisW295

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
South Glamorgan, Wales
If the best vape is subjective, the worst is as well. I'm sorry like that's like saying hot can be measured but cold can only be estimated.

True point, it is more subjective with vaping and actually just as hard. I was just relaying the experience with where I work for example:

Most of our tilers have a favourite adhesive but unanimously hate Epoxy Resin. That was the context I was going for :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
So far, my best have been in the mid-range, and are now woefully outdated. for the past two months, I've been using a Sigeli 100 and a Goblin Mini... still haven't found a good replacement yet. Currently looking for a good 22-23mm RTA with top fill that won't break easily. Dual coil is preferred, but single will do. Small decks and hard building is not a problem.. I am already used to it with the Goblin mini. And it must be extremely leak resistant like my goblin.
I can understand the outdated thing, but because my vaping style has basically remained the same , my devices remain. Give me a quality single coil rta and at least a 30 watt regulated mod and I'm set. Just got the dwarv rta and it's really kicking ....

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Paranormal is great. 24mm atty sits on it nice. 25mm and 26mm you can get away with. Anything bigger overhangs some. So think about that if you want to match a rta. I got the pearl fish with chopped carbon that looks awesome but I did not like most other colors. Sorry carbon fiber and wood grain do not look good together.
Yeah their color selections is not that good. Looks like a decent mod though, I might get one

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I can understand the outdated thing, but because my vaping style has basically remained the same , my devices remain. Give me a quality single coil rta and at least a 30 watt regulated mod and I'm set. Just got the dwarv rta and it's really kicking ....

Yeah, I saw the pic you posted, and thought: Now that you have the Doggy, pretty soon your pics of Kayfuns will only be for nostalgia!

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
As most have stated, "best" is subjective. We cannot tell you what is best for you. That is up to you to find your own "best".

I would normally recommend something, but what I use doesn't really fit what you are showing interest in, so I feel my recommended products would be invalid for you.

I just want to throw this out there. Don't take the reveiwers videos on YouTube to heart. When doing research, make sure to check out what the average vaper has to say on it as well. You will typically find more valuable facts and observations from forums and user reviews than you will on YouTube reviews.

Dont be afraid to think for yourself. If something looks like it is something you won't like, don't get it even if tons of people say it is great. It is you that has to invest your money in it and you that has to vape it. If the ergonomics or design is not your thing, you shouldn't compromise because someone else likes it. Go to a local shop and get hands on with multiple mods to see what size and layout you like the best, then take that info and narrow down your search.
That, and it ain't like buying a car - I promise it won't be your only one for the next few years. Great idea to get input, of course, and try to get the "best" mod. I got what appealed to me, learned from that, and each purchase after was even better. There's some great mods mentioned here that I wouldn't consider - mine keep getting smaller & smaller because I don't like a brick in my pocket.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have 10 mods and rta's in rotation that I vape every day and the km3 and prime will always be there. The ones I have are all pretty equal, but I definitely like the dogs when I go out because they are the smallest and best looking. The strats & funs are stay at home devices.
Yeah, I saw the pic you posted, and thought: Now that you have the Doggy, pretty soon your pics of Kayfuns will only be for nostalgia!

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
Are you a MTL (mouth to lung) or DTL (direct lung) vaper? That will help determine what type of juice delivery device you choose. In many ways, the juice attachment is more important than the battery device used. The battery device just holds the batteries and adjusts the power output. The juice attachment is what provides the vaper.

You might get some ideas from this blog: Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

The Geekvape Aegis is an extremely durable mod designed to be shockproof, dustproof, and waterproof. The basic Aegis uses one battery for up to 80 watts output while the Legend uses dual batteries for up to 200 watts.

I suggest picking 2 or 3 favorites and then watching some reviews/tutorial videos on You Tube prior to making your final selections.
Now you almost had me pulling the trigger on a jac vape, now I am looking at the aegis...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread