Want to make e-juice DIY someone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijohn018

Sep 6, 2017
Good day vapers :)
I want to make homemade diy e-juice and i have an ingredient here,

i have:
VG (vegetable glycerin)
PG (propylene glycol)
Strawberry Flavored concentrate
Melon
Cheesecake
Yakult
Sweetener

i use basic method but the taste not so good, i think it tasteless but the aroma of smoke is there.. someone help me..
thankyou :) godbless

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,
Please post the recipe(s) you followed.
What is the brand name/manufacturer of the flavourings you have?
Have you tasted the PG and VG separately to confirm they don't have an "off" or bad flavour?
What battery device and topper/atomizer/tank/dripper are you using?
Are you trying to stop smoking or are you just a hobby vaper?

Cheers
I

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I'm not sure what you are mixing together and vaping but some flavors require steeping. You put the bottle of flavor into a dark box and let it sit so the flavors can develop. This can take from a week to a months time. Some people shake the bottle daily. Not all flavors require steeping I've used tobacco flavors with a lot of flavor right after mixing. If you are not getting a good flavor I'd put the bottle aside and let it sit for a month.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The DIY forum is a great place for information. It's very hard to know what is "going wrong" as it were, without knowing what recipes and steps you used. I will say that many flavors do require steeping, so if you are getting a "perfume" without flavor, that may just mean your actual flavor may take a week or so to get going... I don't even taste my mixes until 48 hours have passed, as it will be pretty flavorless otherwise, and then I may be tempted to overflavor what's already in there, leading to yuck, later. If you post exactly the steps you followed (including PG/VG percentage, what percentage of what flavors, and how much sweetener) etc., those more experienced may be able to help you out. I have mixed up the odd batch or several that I've hated as sometimes flavors can mute each other, or if out of balance, won't taste good either.... Some flavors you can shake and vape, others not so much.

I'd suggest putting your mix somewhere and shaking it and steeping it for a while, a week at least (you can taste vape it along the way to see how it's coming...) before vaping it. It may or may *not* be delightful, but there are tons of recipes on the DIY forum that are really great, as well as people making their own. Everyone's different though, so you're going to have to develop a sense of what YOUR palate likes, also. I like lighter, less sweet mixes for a variety of reasons, and I've also made some very strange mixes using my own flavors while adding in a bit of store bought flavors to fix it, like my "Appalachia berry mix," that was super strong and sweet out of the gate, but when I mixed in and steeped some store bought coco and brandy, the slight hint of chocolate and the more sour notes of brandy ended up making it taste really great! So, the only rule of thumb I can say is, write down what you did so you'll be able to replicate it if you like it, keep tasting, have some patience, and there are many mixing calculators that are easy to use if you decide you want to follow a particular recipe to make the process easier! The DIY forum will be your friend....

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Good day vapers :)
I want to make homemade diy e-juice and i have an ingredient here,
i have:
VG (vegetable glycerin)
PG (propylene glycol)
Melon
Cheesecake
Yakult
Sweetener
i use basic method but the taste not so good, i think it tasteless but the aroma of smoke is there.. someone help me..
thankyou :) godbless
Welcome and glad you joined.
A word about DIY, for the first six months of vaping, most folks are getting their vaping legs (finding the best set up for them and getting to know the type of flavors they enjoy most), might want to wait the 6 months or so until you feel you are ready.
If your vape equipment is stable and you have a known/predictable responses to several e-liquids mixes, your chances of DIY success will be greater. Above all, DIY tends to work best and reward those who to wait patiently.
Here is a quick look into DIY, might like to visit:
Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
http://www.ecigexpress.com/shop/diy-e-liquid/diyordie-concentrates.html
http://www.ejuicemakers.com/help/
How to get started mixing your own DIY e liquids.
Could read the stickies in this forum:
DIY E-Liquid

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
Welcome to the club, yeah we all need more info and the DIY forum is the best place to start reading I am starting in the world of DIY myself and have found a lot of great info in there, and BrotherBob has given you the best links to start with. I wish you luck.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
i have:
VG (vegetable glycerin)
PG (propylene glycol)

Are they both USP (or BP) grade? They should be pharmaceutical grade. Please make sure you're using proper ingredients.

Do you have a nicotine base? Or are you going to make non-nicotine eliquids?

Melon
Cheesecake
Yakult
Sweetener

Are they suitable for vaping? Brand? You don't want to use regular food flavorings/sweeteners from a supermarket.

Good luck and do visit our DIY forum for more information, as others have suggested.

Last edited:

Lynn Hicks

Sep 13, 2017
For all things DIY go to the DIY E-Liquid sub-forum here DIY E-Liquid

You can learn all you need to know. Read, read read in the forum, then start mixing.
Good advice Larry! And be aware, DIY'er there are thousands of recipes out there that are NO GOOD. Got to have a decent recipe. I have been DIY for a while but I make mostly tobacco flavors. And as someone asked it matters a lot which company's flavor you are using. For example, I had a tobacco recipe that called for 1.5% fudge brownie by Capella. I had to adjust all the way down to ONE DROP of TFA. Lot of difference. Keep on trying, you'll get there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread