Want to upgrade: Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! Long time no post…
Anyways, I've been vaping an eGo C-Twist for about 4 months now and to be honest, I love it. It works very well for the price and it's extremely portable. However, I'm in the market for a more powerful, more capable APV. I'm really stuck between the innokin iTaste VTR Starter Kit with the iClear 30S tank or the Provari Mini V2 Starter Kit with the Kanger ProTank. I've been intrigued with the box mods for awhile and I find the VTR to be extremely appealing to the eyes (and wallet compared to the Provari). I've watched Pbusardo's reviews which were very helpful, but I'd really like to get some more opinions. Thanks a lot, guys.
Happy Vaping! :vapor:

VTR:http://www.fairy-gift.com/itaste-vtr-p-35.html

Provari Mini V2:ProVari Mini Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette

MoDmAnDaN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Spanaway, Wa.
I personally don't care for the box mods. So I would be biased in stating you should go with the Provari.

I got mine shorty after I started vaping and I'm very happy that I dropped the coin for it. For starters, it's American made and their support is second to none! Plus, anyone will tell you that they are just wonderful devices to use. Sturdy, well built and reliable.

But no matter what choice you make, be happy with it and keep on vaping!

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Not a good comparison as far as performance. 33MHZ mass produced Chineese chipset (VTR) compared to 800 MZ chipset (ProVari),
Provari is a better fit and finish, military grade components.

I do own a few Innoken Products and they are some of the better mods in the entry level/mid level mods, but I also own two ProVari's and its like comparing Apples to Oranges.

If you reallly like the looks of the VTR, Just go with that. If you havent Vaped through a ProVari, what you dont know wont hurt you.

PS..... 4 cartons of Cigs = one Provari Mini

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a good comparison as far a performance. 33MHZ chipset (VTR) compared to 800 MZ chipset (ProVari)

I agee, two different beasts if you are really going to get specific. The 800 hz PWM is superior to the 33 hz PWM for a smoother vape. Not everyone can differentiate it, but many do.

I have two Provari's and a MVP-1. I already knew that I like the Provari's vape compared to my other regulated 33.3 hz mods. But I was intrigued by the MVP's smooth vape comparatively when I first received it. Come to find out it has a similar PWM to the Provari's. So now it makes sense.

Bottom line overall is the form factor (tube vs box) and the longivity of the mods' usefulness. Form factor is subjective. But longivity is not. Once the warranty expires on the VTR and it stops working - it's a throwaway. The Provari will have lifetime support should it ever require servicing. This in my mind makes it a better value for the long term.

kastman

Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
vegas
Personally I am not a fan of box mods but again personal preference. I do have a provari and as said previously it it's a us made rock solid device. As with all opinions the devil makes me add a but. After vaping a variable wattage capable mod I find that I personally prefer that to variable voltage. So now I use an itaste SVD and a sigelei zmax. Whatever you choose just make the most informed decision possible for YOU. . I am honestly at the point where I have found.that I will vape a device for a while then switch to another. Eg. Mechanicals with a rebuildable dripper back to my provari with a carto tank, then my SVD. options are.a great thing ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread