Wanted to try the 901

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZorbaTheGreek

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
So I picked up an adapter 510->901 and gave it a shot. I can't get the darn thing to work! I get almost 0 vapor. I've tried a bunch of things, less juice, more juice. Nothing has helped. So I cleaned out and dried the atty, and if i turn it on, I can see the coils glowing, just barely past the bridge. Thing is, it takes a good 3-5 seconds for them to really get orange. My 401 does that in less than one if it's dry. So I hooked the thing up to my multimeter and it's ~3.3Ω through the atty. My 401 is about 2.3Ω. Is this normal? I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is, because one in a blue moon, the stars align and it gets hot enough and the flavor and vapor production is very nice. Any ideas would help! :) Thanks.

zoomie61

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Rochester, NY USA
sounds like you're not getting full voltage to the atty. The adapter might connect but it's not a good solid connection. Ever measure the voltage on the battery? The resistance is a little higher on the 901 atty and the 510 battery is a bit less aggressive. Screw just the adapter on to the battery and see if the voltage on the 901 side matches the voltage of just the 510 battery itself. If it does, then it might be the 901 side not connecting well to the atty. It's kind of like a flashlight that keeps dimming because it doesn't connect well to the batteries. Sometimes it's fine, other times you have to spank it. lol

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
I was just about ready to hit the checkout button at electronicstix.com but thought I'd check with you all here first. I'm ordering a DSE901 from them and a bunch of juice. Are you 901 users happy with the device, or should I consider something else.
Thanks in advance.
Guinifi

The 901 is a good vape. If I'm at home I prefer the 901 because its easier to fill, and produces more vapor. However I find it to be sorta messy... Theres always juice leaking somewhere... Maybe its my fault because I like to keep my carts topped off, but I also don't want them to get dry because I hate that burnt taste.

If I'm at work and just want to take a few quick drags here and there I go with my KR808. Just screw on a new cartomizer and you're set.

If you want something thats just plain easy go with a KR808... but the 901 is just as good IMO.

Thanks for the info, Brandon.
I've gone ahead and placed the order. I'm on Guam, so it may take a week to get it, not the usual three days.
I've used one of these e-cigs before. About a year ago. I didn't smoke for 42 days, then I broke the thing. (It was a cheapie anyhow.) I don't know why it took me so long to get back into e-cigs. Beats the heck out of the burn sticks.
Thanks again,
Guinifi

Johner

Feb 14, 2010
WA
Interesting about some of the opinions about the 901. I have been using the eGo which comes with a 510 going on a couple of months now. Also ordered another Joye 510 atomizer for it. These were fine for quitting analogs. I recently ordered a 901 atomizer from MadVapes and a 510 to 901 adapter to use it on my eGo batteries. The eGo cone fits fine on this setup. I really like the 901. Better even than the 510. I get just as much vapor, better throat hit and as well a much better taste. RY4 is good with a 510 but it is much better with a 901. I believe I will be using the 901 going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread