Whats wrong with my 901?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitfireSMS

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
So i got a 901 starter kit in the mail today, and im extremely disappointed.

Iv seen these thing perform a lot better, mine is just not cutting it.
I charged the batteries completely, and one of them is dead.
It wont work with either atomizer, it just wont heat the thing.
The LED comes on, but nothing else happens, no vapor, nothing.

The one that does produce vapor, produces a TINY amount.
Theres absolutely no throat hit, and it just feels weak as hell.

I thought it was maybe the carts that it came with, so I took out the polyfiber inside my blu cart(which is hitting very well in comparison) and shoved it into the 901 cart.
It gives a little more vapor now, but still about half as much as the blu.
And still no throat hit.

Given that Iv used 2 different atomizers on my only working battery, I dont think the atomizers are weak. They do get pretty hot, but not too hot to touch.
The blu doesnt get hot at all.
Iv also tried cleaning out the atomizers by blowing through them, i was able to get a few drops out of one and the other was dry so that wasnt the issue.

So is my one working battery just really weak?
Im just confused, I thought the 901 would blow the blu out of the water and so far its the exact opposite.

anmldr

Apr 14, 2009
  • Deleted by Nicfits
  • Reason: Content of post deleted by user.

Kilroy2.0

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Madison, WI
With out seeing the amount of vaper it is hard to tell. I can tell you that I have several e-cigs

510 gives of a ton of vaper and allows for short shallow hits but I do not get a lot of flavor.

901 takes a slow soft steady hit gives lots of flavor but so so on the vaper.

My Health E-cig is very hard to pull gives so-so flavor and so-so vaper.

Have you tried to do a slow soft draw off the 901? I know that if I have been smoking on my 510 or my Health E it takes a few draws before I get the hang of my 901.

The whole thing is really so subjective. Let me know how it is going.

-g

SpitfireSMS

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
I did get in touch with him, and I was able to get one of my 901 units working great.
It now gives a lot better vapor than the blu I have, and an actual throat hit which the blu was missing.
Im really happy with it now, but I still have 1 dead battery.
Hes going to send me another battery with a return envelope.

Its Chris @ myfreedomsmokes for referencing purposes, hes made me a happy customer.

Im still going to resort to my blu on the go, because of the PCC.
But for right now the 901 is working great as my in home device.

Now I just need a passthrough:rolleyes:

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
I did get in touch with him, and I was able to get one of my 901 units working great.
It now gives a lot better vapor than the blu I have, and an actual throat hit which the blu was missing.
Im really happy with it now, but I still have 1 dead battery.
Hes going to send me another battery with a return envelope.

Its Chris @ myfreedomsmokes for referencing purposes, hes made me a happy customer.

Im still going to resort to my blu on the go, because of the PCC.
But for right now the 901 is working great as my in home device.

Now I just need a passthrough:rolleyes:

Chris is absolutely great to work with ~ he will always do you right!! He is one who is in it for the long haul or at least that is the way he treats his customers!! :) I have ordered from him 3-4 times and have a friend who orders from him, too.

Check the classifieds part of the forum for a passthrough. I got a 901 passthrough for $20 shipped, so you should be able to get one at a fairly reasonable price.

Good luck on getting the new 901 broken in good. It might take a day or two to get the atty just right. Hang in there and let us know how it goes for you!!

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
Thanks for the support, I smoked my last analog this morning and I honestly dont see the need to buy any more of them.

Im gunna try to work out a deal with chris if he has passthroughs available, and just have him ship me a passthrough instead of another battery, and Ill pay the difference.

He will most likely do it for you, too, so long as he has them!! Best of luck! :D

Hey guys, Im new here, 10 days ago i received a 901 starter kit, also as I read here a lot i bought some spares for this model. I also bought a 510 starter kit.
I first tried de 510 with manual batts, amazing from the first second, better throat hit than analogs, great vapor, taste isnt the best but overall the 510 was a great performer.
Then I tried the famous 901, I dont know if im doing something wrong but I just cant take a single good hit from it, flavor is great, almost no vapor.I have tried long slow drags, short slow drags, fast drags, almost everything!! the atty seems ok, the auto batteries are really bad but I think they should do the work, any ideas of what could be happening? How do I know if Im flooding de atomizer?? Im suspecting that cause I get some juice in my mouth at times...

Thanks for your help, and sorry for my crapy south american english...lol

xogul

Sep 8, 2009
Portugal, EU
Just another one with problems.
I've got my 2º dse901 and I can't put it to work right and don't know why.
In the first and second puff the amount of vapour is excellent but after that just a thin mist and the atomizer gets very hot to touch, even the cartridge get warm. All of this after a refill/top of the cartridge because that's the only way I can get a good amount of vapour. Fast, slow, hard, soft puffs, changed batteries and nothing. :(

some advice is welcome.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
I use 901 manual passthu's. RockyMountainVapor has them for $14, and any orde $14 and up ships free. Fast shipping too.

I much prefer the manual passthru-Ieven got a device so I can use it in my car and a wall plug so I can use it at home away from my computer. I use a regular manual battery when I'm not at home or in my car.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI

Care to share with us what the original problem was?

My wife got a 901 and initially she was unhappy with it compared to my 510. But after a couple of days she's now pretty happy with it. I think that's a combination of break-in, learning to inhale "correctly", and her using the atomizer hole to pre-heat it a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread