• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Warning about shops advertising "Infinite quality"

Status
Not open for further replies.

styks

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2014
Dolgellau
It's all in the wording I know but I got caught out. :(

I wanted a nice Infinite black Stingray clone to go with my stainless by the same.
Spotted one in a googly search and bought it. It stated "Infinite quality" so not thinking I made my purchase.
When it arrived the box just had mod written on it, no Infinite mark anywhere which got me suspicious from the start.
I went to pop in an 18650 and it wouldn't go. sticking my pinky up the tube I could feel one section was proud, a smaller ID.
Also the switch screw thread felt really bad, wouldn't catch easily, just poor.
Taking it apart I could see loads of real bad discoloration, really badly tarnished everywhere including the threads.

Anyhow I went to the shed and put some emery cloth on a dowel and spun it in the tight section to increase ID a little.
After assembly the Sony VTC5 went in ok. I carefully screwed the switch on and went to fire up my atty.
The switch felt rough as hell and wouldn't disengage, I had to unscrew it to stop it firing!

I've had to do loads of work on this black stingray to get it working ok but there's nothing, or very little, I can do about the threads, which are damned awful.
Oh and I can't put it down now I've freed up the switch without it firing so have to lock it all the time. Probably good practice anyway but it is annoying.

Compared to my stainless infinite stingray it's just bloody awful. .......... Got to buy another now, when I can afford it.

Contacted the shop and his reply was "it's advertised as Infinite Quality" and is in fact, SKB! (Which I suspected as the serial number stamp/engraving was deeper.)
Basically saying tough luck buddy! ............ I replied saying that this advertising ploy was rather misleading, especially as he was asking £35 for it (Infinite Money) , which of course adds to the deception by the way, when SKB clones are somewhat less, about 7 or 8 quid I think.

I'm not saying all SKB clones are bad, may be this is one off! ............ It certainly is not a patch on my Infinite, certainly NOT an Infinite quality selected clone.
I believe SKB supply Infinite, not sure, but as it was not marked Infinite I feel it would certainly have failed quality their control.

So don't be fooled or as trusting/stupid as me (durrrr!) when you see the wording "Infinite Quality Clone" .......... Quality Infinite Clone, yes should be good!

I won't mention the shop just in case it falls foul of the rules. ( Moderators ?? ) ............ If you want to know the culprit, the sneaky, deceiving, conniving shop :mad: ........ PM me! ;)

Davantrac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Darlington, UK.
Yeh, I'm quite a big internet shopper and never believe words like quality, first clas, excellent etc. I always read, double read then google the owner, shop and product to find more information or cheaper price before going back to it to read and double read it again. Even then if something seems too good or just not right I get the wife to have a look, and she's suspicious about everything.
I suppose it's always best to presume your going to get ripped off these days. Everything gets copied so there's fakes galore out there, I don't mind fakes if they are advertised as fakes. I was very surprised the other week to find what products do get copied when Jeremy Kyle did a tv program about fakes and found fake board games like Monopoly in a container.

styks

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2014
Dolgellau
I did look around around and I must admit, like yourself, I normally shy away from anything that says, super fantastic, expert, pro, etc etc. But what got me in the end I guess was that it was the same price as most other Infinite clones I'd seen, not the lower price of the SKB clones. So I thought it must be Infinite, ha how wrong was I.
Not only a rather misleading description but a misleading price in to the bargain! ....... Oh and for some reason I thought being in Cambridge they should be good honest company. A well know university town, was my flawed thinking I suppose...... It over ruled my "that wordings not quite right" suspicions, oh well another hard lesson learned!

styks

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2014
Dolgellau
Well when I emailed him he offered no help only to say sorry you've had problems but it was advertised as an "Infinite Quality clone", that's all he said, basically saying tuff luck bud. Probably because I challenged him over his misleading wording, he got the hump! ......... You have to admit though it is misleading, why not just say what clone it is, not what it's the same quality as and charge the same price? .... Which it wasn't anyway, no where near! ....... I've got an idea why, greed!

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
You need to do a little research, styks. Infinite don't make clones, they sell rebranded SXK. As few people know this, I'd imagine that's why it was worded that way.
Bottom line, you could have returned 'as received' for a full refund or exchange. Knowing the owner, he would have probably reimbursed your shipping as well, even though he wasn't obliged to.
I suggest in the future that you return any items you're not happy with [as you received them], laws are in place to protect buyers.
I've said all I can say on this now, vape on!

vince01

Sep 15, 2014
North West England UK
I can see both sides here, the OP should have returned the item as found unboxed
But I also think that the advertising wording was intentionally meant to mislead innocent everyday ordinary vapers looking for a bargain. I dont believe that shoppers should have to do a thorough search before buying something that on the face of it, because of the cost and description, could reasonably be expected to be the genuine (cloned) item
FWIW I wouldn't use this outlet

styks

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2014
Dolgellau
Yes I agree I should've just sent it back but I just thought it was a case of the inner diameter of one section being slightly out so I just sorted that. No real problem and easy to fix. I wasn't expecting to be as lucky as I've been up until now and get perfect clones. All my Infinite "boxed" clones have been bang on. Some others I've had not so good, not bad but just not of the same quality. .... That's why I've been searching for Infinite and prepared to spend a little more.

Only after I polished out that section did I discover the rest. ........... I didn't feel I could return the item after working on it. ... My error there I agree. I'm not afraid to hold my hands up if I think I've made an error of judgement.
I'd pointed out that I'd had to do a lot of work to get it working so possibly he thought the same as SteveMc I should've returned it, however I thought he may have offered more help than he did. ....... It at least would've returned to them in far better, serviceable, state than it arrived.

SteveMc ....... I did know Infinite do not manufacture and rebox makers clones, I read that a while back, if I said manufacturer or maker anywhere it was just a slip.
I also read that Infinite select the only the best ones whoever they're from and only those have the Infinite logo emblazoned on the box. Please correct me if my research has pointed me to incorrect info.
To me that info gleaned appears accurate. Born out by my experience so far, all the Infinite clones I've had have been in a box that clearly shouts "Infinite" and all have been top notch!

I agree with vince01 100%. Yes I should've returned it as found.

The advert is intentionally meant to mislead, description and price. And for that reason alone they do not deserve the business.

And I will not shop there again. ............. I'm sure that's "water off a ducks back" though.

It's rare for me to air my grievances online, I don't like it and don't make a habit of it but in this instance I felt I must!

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
SXK make the Infinite mods, simple. Infinite don't get a load, pick what they like and then send the rest back, assuming they do that is nuts. You've just got unlucky as some people do, should have returned it but you know this.
If I was buying what you bought, I'd source the manufacturer and by direct to save a few quid, so that would mean that I'd have bought from SXK. I do this with most things I buy, vaping and non-vaping related.
I agree that Infinite shouldn't be in the main description, and have said this to the owner, but I'd see nothing wrong with the rebranding info being mentioned in the expanded description somewhere.
I can understand why you wouldn't use them again, I'm the same after a bad experience but that said, if it had been returned for a refund or exchange, you'd probably be praising the guy.

styks

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2014
Dolgellau
Ok, so what I read was wrong, Infinite do let the crap through along with the good then.
If they do select the best ones, as I'd read elsewhere, the crap would've been returned to the manufacturer, that is, rejected through quality control.

Also I was just wondering why all the other box's had Infinite on them and this one did not, was it rejected I wonder. The difference is chalk and cheese between the Infinite boxed one's and this one which just had MOD written on the box. I may have been very unlucky true but somehow I feel there is more going on.

I think I'll email Infinite and see if they will answer these questions.

Actually your wrong SteveMc
If the clone had arrived in that box just marked MOD and been of the quality I was expecting, yes I'd have been praising the shop and forgotten about the box.
If I'd have returned it and got a quality replacement, I would've no doubt left it at that, but never bought from them again! .... And if someone asked for shop recommendations they would not have been on my list. .....

Now if they change the wording and bring the price down from "real Infinite" to "non Infinite" or should I say "Infinite quality" sorry,
I might even try them again. ..... I doubt if they will because there is a reason why they advertise as "Infinite Quality" and not "Infinite" .........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread