Not open for further replies.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Sooooo.....I'm getting ready to go on a trip tomorrow and am preparing my tanks for the trip. (Always have back ups for your back-ups). I had loaned one of my Standard 22 to a friend and when I got it back today, I noticed that the washer that the metal cap rests on is bulging and mishappen. Unfortunately, I have lots of extra Orings but no washers. I don't have time to order one and am hoping to score one at a hardware store on the way out of town. I have the not so good one to use as a sample but am wondering if anyone knows what size I should ask for?

thanks much:)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi Robin, the thickness is 0.030" or about 1/32"

We have these made for us so I dont know if you will find anything or not. That said you can use your tank without them. The only difference will be that the cartomizer will stick out the end a little and of course they will not have the protection that the washer affords as a cushion between the metal and glass in the event of an impact.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi Robin, the thickness is 0.030" or about 1/32"

We have these made for us so I dont know if you will find anything or not. That said you can use your tank without them. The only difference will be that the cartomizer will stick out the end a little and of course they will not have the protection that the washer affords as a cushion between the metal and glass in the event of an impact.

Thank you OCD for your response! Will check at the local HW (just in case) on the way out of town. If not available, I'll send in an order on my return.:)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I use all my tanks without the washer since I have the IBTpro ring. without the washers the carto fits much better since the ring pulls the carto down. I have had no issues.

Makes sense. The Proring does kind of argue with the washer and therefore, the connection (and bulging washer). Thanks for clarifying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread