Wasp Nano: 510 too short?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Hi guys,

So I've been using my Wasp Nano for roughly a week, a little more, as a secondary rda, whenever I feel like using my reg mod. Lastly I tried a clapton build in it (which was really good), then didn't use it for a couple days, and this morning when I wanted to go back to it, the mod didn't want to fire it.

I mostly had a "No Atomizer Found", I tried unscrewing it and screwing it back, worked for a couple fires, then "Low Power" (battery almost fully charged), then it read 0 ohm and "No Atomizer Found" again. (This is on an eleaf iStick Melo mod)
I tried my Pulse 24 on it, it worked fine every time. Then back with the Wasp, same issue.
I saw a wire lead going kinda sideways, so I just set it aside for the day, and I just rebuilt it, making sure the leads are very straight, the post screws are well tightened, same as the 510 screw and the negative post's screw under the RDA base. And still the same issue. It'll let me fire it one to four times, then No Atomizer Found a few times, then without doing anything it'll work again (ohm going all over the place, between 0.3 and 0.4).

I checked that the mod's 510 wasn't stuck, the spring seems fine. Then I compared the size of the Wasp's 510 to the Pulse 25, and Melo 4 tank, and it is much smaller! About a mm smaller, eyeballing it.
Could the connection issue be coming from this? Also, has anyone else had or heard of issues with this RDA?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I’ve heard of this issue with various Artie’s in general. Does thewasp have a free floating center pin? (Mine is still the mail). If so, you could actually pull it down a hair and get away with it
It does not have a free floating pin, and it is not an adjustable pin either.

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Rex Everything

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2014
Tacoma
sometimes with clapton builds or any build involving super tiny wire a small piece of wire can kinda get stuck in someplace in the atty.....across the deck from positive post to neg...in positive post hole (or slot) it doesn"t take much....next time you have it apart thoroughly clean everything ...even bust out some computer duster.....

Reactions: Kazuko

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
I tried unscrewing the 510 pin just a tad, but it becomes lose as soon as I do it. I think this is actually when I tried with it being slightly unscrewed that the ohms became crazy... I don't have any other regulated mod to try it on, and I'm not comfortable trying it on my Pulse mod, as it's a mech, I don't want to risk any arcing or battery heating

Last edited:

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Follow up!

I just took the RDA apart. I removed the coil, unscrewed everything, rinsed the posts separately, the deck, used compressed air to make sure it was clean and dry. I took it all back together, fired once fine, then got the same issue...
I wish I had a different mod to try it on. I'll just leave it alone for now, and use the Pulse 24 on it instead. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Janusz

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2018
Illinois, USA
Follow up!

I just took the RDA apart. I removed the coil, unscrewed everything, rinsed the posts separately, the deck, used compressed air to make sure it was clean and dry. I took it all back together, fired once fine, then got the same issue...
I wish I had a different mod to try it on. I'll just leave it alone for now, and use the Pulse 24 on it instead. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I have the same problem... on my Zelos I get no atomizer but when i place my wasp on aegis it works....:(

• Informative
Reactions: Kazuko

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Follow up!

Putting a Small O-Ring like this under the 510 Pin in an Atomizer will make the 510 Pic stick out farther.

$0.80 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And will many times Fix non-connection issues.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Putting a Small O-Ring like this under the 510 Pin in an Atomizer will make the 510 Pic stick out farther.

$0.80 Rubber O-Ring Seals for E-Cigarette (10-Pack) 12-pack - 4*1.8*1mm (OD*ID*T) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

And will many times Fix non-connection issues.
I like this idea. I may try this on the squonk pins that protrude into the deck more than I like. I appreciate the tip.

Edit- I just realized that i never used my wasp with the standard 510. I have always had the squonk pin installed, so that may be why it always worked on my all mods (only used them to fire and test ohms before transferring to a squonk mod). Maybe the squonk pin is slightly bigger. Although i would not recommend using the squonk pin if you plan to use it on a non-squonk mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoiDman

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread