Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feelinj

Sep 19, 2014
My water intake has doubled our tripled since I started vaping! I know it dehydrates you but damn I'm drinking so much water and am always thirsty. Now I carry phone, wallet, keys, iPod, vape gear, and a drink everywhere go. I freak out as much if I set my drink somewhere a I do my vape!

Anyone else experience this?

**** everything and become a pirate!

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
You know, I started off drinking a boat load of water - gallons and gallons. Over time, I seem to have regulated my water intake to about 48 - 64oz a day.

I know every person is different and drinking too much probably isn't really a great concern in and of itself.

However if you are drinking that much and are actually still thirsty, you might want to have a word with your doctor.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I was just erring on the side of caution really. I noticed a co-worker of mine (non-vaper) drinking more and more water and taking frequent bathroom breaks. When he eventually heeded my advice to go to the doc, turned out he was prediabetic.

Not saying that is going on in your case, just thought it wise to take a trip to the doc to get checked out. Having an insatiable thirst is not really normal, even when vaping.

Feelinj

Sep 19, 2014
See I recently had my glucose leveled tested for that same reason but I have also heard you can be electro light deficient and may need to adjust my diet somewhat. I noticed it the past few days as I'm never really satisfied, thirst wise. Your probably right is erring in caution. I am insured so a 20$ copay is worth finding out. My doc has been super supportive of vaping!

**** everything and become a pirate!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Might give isotonic drinks a try....

As most of us vapers are ex-smokers ( some quite heavy ) it's not just dehydration. Body needs the water to flush out all that accumlated gunk.
Still amazed at how many folks underrate the self-repairing capabilities of the human body.
Wish my car could the same :/ ...

Still, if it persists, seeing a doc can't hurt

proxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2014
NB, Canada
I find that if I drink water in small drinks I am less thirsty. I smoke 100% PG juice mostly and I take a small sip or two from the bottle on my desk. Then I go back to my coffee, lol. Honestly, maybe I'm weird but I dont find Im more dehydrated than with the analogs.

PG, being hydrophyllic (think like oil, doesnt mix with water) dehydrates your mucous membranes. It doesnt actually lower your concentration of water. I dont find that I need a whole bottle of water to replace the lost water in my mouth and throat. Either way, water is good for you as long as you dont become hyperhydrated.

Edit -- steamix is right, water requirements do go up after quitting analogs. I was solely referring to water lost due to vaping.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
. I noticed it the past few days as I'm never really satisfied, thirst wise.
hmm....an insatiable thirst, (electro)light defficiency, do you perhaps have an aversion to garlic or crosses? If so...vampire. ;)

Seriously though I tend to go through 1/2 to 1 gallon of water per day. I wouldn't be TOO concerned about it. Then again I live in a desert.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Feelinj. Glad you are here.

I know I should drink more water. I don't suppose coffee and wine counts.
girl_haha.gif

All jokes aside, extreme thirst is a sign of diabetes. Might not be a bad idea to run it past a doctor. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread