Please Rehydrate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
Hi everyone! Just a special note, especially to those who are newbies, please remember to drink WATER as you vape. I was very ill this week, and ended up going to the Emergency Room on Friday at the request of my doctor. I'm fine now, well--I'm doing better. But I was clearly dehydrated when I arrived at the ER. Me! The person who tells everyone to drink water! So, please, as you read this, remember that we are all subject to dehydration on a daily basis and vaping increases that. It's such an easy thing to do. I know that vaping is not entirely to blame for my dehydration, and it was NOT the cause of my visit to the ER, but it was a finding. One I was warned about. I thought I had enough fluid, I thought I was doing good. I am glad to know that I need to bump up my water intake even MORE! I don't want this to happen to anyone else, so please take this at face value and go get a glass of water!! You all are very special to me, though we've never met! I mean that sincerely! Drink Water and Vape On!!! :vapor:

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Thank you! I am seriously addicted to Mtn. Dew, so I know all too well that caffeinated drinks led to the dehydration as well. Now, I limit myself to 1 Mtn. Dew per day, and the rest is water. The hospital gave me a HUGE mug to drink out of and I just keep filling it up. Coffee is another love of mine, but I have been able to go without coffee for 6 days now. Ugh, all that caffeine was counter acting what I was doing with the water. Hopefully, my post will help someone else in the long run! :)

BostLabs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Phoenix, AZ. USA
Thank you! I am seriously addicted to Mtn. Dew, so I know all too well that caffeinated drinks led to the dehydration as well. Now, I limit myself to 1 Mtn. Dew per day, and the rest is water. The hospital gave me a HUGE mug to drink out of and I just keep filling it up. Coffee is another love of mine, but I have been able to go without coffee for 6 days now. Ugh, all that caffeine was counter acting what I was doing with the water. Hopefully, my post will help someone else in the long run! :)

Oh RATS! I drink diet MD all day. Shoot! I gotta change my habits now.
Phx is really dry.
:tumble:

Sigh! Thanks for the heads up.

darn,darn,darn,darn!

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
I simply cannot give up Mtn. Dew YET! And Coffee, well, lets just say I'm happy to cut back. Water jug is by my side and will always be, from now on. Like I said, the dehydration was not the reason I went to the ER, I just was soooo shocked! I thought I was drinking enough, and here I was all over ECF telling people to drink water, and I was the one dehydrated. I've learned a lesson, though! :) My hubby drinks about a 6 pack of Diet Mtn. Dew daily, and he's fine! Go figure! It is getting warmer (some days) in VA so I know I have to be extra careful. Wish you guys could have seen that IV bag drip rolling, they had the stuff pouring into me. The docs were more concerned about it than I was, I was asking them if we could please move on and find out what was causing my pain. While we don't have a definite answer they are saying it's an ulcer! :( Getting old is for the birds! :D

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
I have a co-worker who drinks seltzer water, too! I'm going to give that a try to see if it helps with the Mtn. Dew withdrawal. Perhaps just bubbles will work. Do you add juice to your seltzer? Someone once told me to add apple juice to it and that it was really good that way!

Patrick O'Brien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
MN

I was having the same issue. I drink diet dew like its going out of season and was getting tired, moody, and feeling like crap. I eventually got my first case of vapors tongue, so I downed water. I felt so much better and can taste my juice again. I also do cardio on the treadmill 5 days a week, so that didnt help out my hydration at ALL. Water is so important, especially for us vapors.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Please keep a close eye on your urination habits, listen to your body. This can aid u long before anything bad happens. There's plenty of threads on what to look for.

Water is and has always been your friend.

tumblr_lzn5bgabqD1rntcpko1_500.jpg

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Butters you crack me up! Love it! Crystal Light is in da house, now! Seltzer water in Black Cherry sounds amazing! Gonna check that out. And thanks, Talyon....I should have listened to my body, you are soooo right! Just glad I've got it back under control and I avoided something serious and had to stay in the hospital. I was outta there in 8 hours, so they fixed me up good. Now....the pain meds are making me thirst too. SLURP!!!!

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
Good to hear you're doing better, I've heard coke is bad for us, that's why I always diluted it with rum. :D

Now I've never drank so much water, can't stop the coffee in the morning, that's what I get up for. After that it's water or a diluted sports drink while out and about. I ride a bicycle a lot, so one bottle is all water, the other is 50/50 water and a sports drink. Now I have a cup of water near me all the time after what I've read here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread