wattage too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using a nord rpm 40 with a 0.6 coil...I like the wattage at between 7 to 10. .I've gone to 15 but it gives me a bit of a cough..but someone said that might not be good for the coil...I have used the 0.4 but find, even at low wattage it spits and I get the juice on my lips..yuck lol..this doesn't occur with the 0.6. I dont want to damage it tho by using too low of a wattage . any advice? new vaper here so appreciate any info.

Reactions: stols001

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
Yes, spitting can be caused by setting the wattage too low for a particular coil. Generally, in a set of coils for a particular tank or device, a lower resistance means higher wattage is recommended. Although this isn't always the case (especially if there are multiple types of coils or coil materials available), so check the wattage that the manufacturer recommends for each coil you use.

Last edited:
Yes, spitting can be caused by setting the wattage too low for a particular coil. Generally, in a set of coils for a particular tank or device, a lower resistance means higher wattage is recommended. Although this isn't always the case (especially if there are multiple types of coils or coil materials available), so check the wattage that the manufacturer recommends for each coil you use.
thank you, it seems that the 0.6 produces less spitting at the same wattage than the 0.4...my old device, the mini helmet I needed about 17 watts but it always spit, even at higher watts so I'm happy not to have the juice on my lips lol

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As long as you are not getting flooding and/or spitting, set your wattage as low as you want. No harm in it.

One the other hand, if you are getting flooding and/or spitting, turn the wattage up little by little until it goes away.

If flooding and/or spitting never goes away, the coil and/or the pod design sucks or is defective (or your juice is way too thing for that coil).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread