new to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on day 5 of quitting the habit..using chantix along with the nord rpm 40...curious about the 0.4 vs 0.6 coils that came with my kit and which to buy for refills. I used the 4 till today, thought I'd try the 6 to see the difference..using 10 wattage and gives decent hit and smoke..I am finding that I dont get the slight spitting w the 6....which I like. is this normal? or should I try lower wattage on the 4? thanks in advance.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
10w for either resistance coil head is low, could cause various issues like spit back, coil gunk/reduced head life, leaking & condensation build up, weak flavor, vapor production and throat hit / lung feel etc.

Everything to do vaping is personal preference based.
Buy the replacement coil heads that work best for you, which ever you like best.

BTW, it is vapor you inhale while vaping, smoke when smoking.

thank you...when I said smoke, what I meant was the cloud I exhale lol... I do raise the wattage sometimes but like in the morning when my lungs are sensitive I found lower works without making me cough..smooth hit.. i also find a difference using the 4 vs 6 on the same setting.. 4 spits a little..even if i raise the wattage where 6 doesnt seem to... am I going to damage my coils using a lower wattage? thanks again for the reply

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The nord rpm is more of a direct to lung (DTL) pod. Meaning it works best if you pull a lot of air through it when taking a vape. Rapid fairly strong deep inhale.
A much different inhale style / technique than one that more closely mimics smoking a cigarette which is called mouth to lung (MTL).

I'd say 15w is about the minimum with either coil head.
If it feels too strong or harsh more likely it is something to do with airflow (lack of), or nic mg/ml.
Airflow is the coils cooling system, not enough - hot or harsh, spit back, condensation build up, leaking coil life reduced.
Might also be Pg/Vg ratio.

Lower power won't necessarily damage the head but will reduce its life span from coil gunk build up and creates problems with spitback n such.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

MLEJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2020
using chantix along with the nord rpm 40
I dont think I'd take the chantix.
I've heard terrible things about Chntix.
i've met 3 people who used Chantix:
1 went back to smoking about 6 months after stopping the drug.
1 had nightmares & so couldn't sleep.
1 became depressed to the point of considering suicide.

Plz be careful w/ that stuff.

They say that Whole Tobacco Alkaloid e-liquid can be helpful when you're just moving from smoking to vaping. aromaejuice.com had it but it may be gone now (i placed an order there just last Thu. & got the auto-email confirmation but today the web address only brings up a page that says "coming soon"). Maybe someone here knows another source,

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Nicotine is the primary addiction. I started with a higher nic content and vaped as my body told me. After 3-4 hours I had switched, never to need to go back.

I wasn't concerned with how much nic I vaped, so long as I did not smoke.

Don't forget spares, and spares for the spares. No way was I going to have an excuse for using a cigarette.

I had an attitude. Smoking stinks.

Clouds have nothing to do with getting nic, well maybe just the cloud inside your mouth and nasal passages.

Good luck to you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A lady in our town took Chantix to quit smoking. She woke up in the middle of the night, climbed out a bathroom window in her home, and started walking down the street. When she came to the busy highway she crossed it in a trance and almost got hit by a truck. The guy in the truck backed up, got her out of the road and flagged down a Sheriff who came by. They finally got her to wake up and she was astounded that she had gotten up without being fully awake and had walked a block down her road and into a 4 lane highway.

Vaping is a lot safer method of quitting smoking.

Last edited:
i know chantix is not suitable for some folks and some do have terrible side affects..so far i havent and maybe its a crutch.. but as long as im able to not smoke (or smoke way less, im on day 6) and no bad stuff im gonna keep it up... i appreciate your advice tho..i am currently smoking maybe 3 a day, sometimes less and using the 24mg juice, ill go lower in time..my rpm died yesterday and i got an exchange as it was defective..i dont have a back up so did smoke 2 during that time...anyway thanks to all for your advise and warm welcome..xo

Last edited:

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
I quit with the rpm40 also, keep it up! I was vaping 50mg nik salts for a bit and still do a few hits of nik salts to get me going, or for a few quick puffs on the porch. I'm doing 12mg e liquid mostly now with a couple different mods and plan to taper down the nik once I lose a few more lbs.:) I still use the rpm40 and really like the mechlyfe rpm rba, much better restrictive draw and better flavor (and no leaks)but you have to know how to make and wick a coil and stuff. I preferred the nord 1.4 ohm mtl at 10 watt and for the rpm pod I liked the .3 ohm mesh mtl coils at aroun 10 watts also I think.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice
thanks! and congratsito you too! i do notice the rpm leaks sometimes and am concerned it will short out or ruin the battery if it touches the connections.. i try to clean it often.. other than that i like it.

QUOTE="borno, post: 22625917, member: 357005"]I quit with the rpm40 also, keep it up! I was vaping 50mg nik salts for a bit and still do a few hits of nik salts to get me going, or for a few quick puffs on the porch. I'm doing 12mg e liquid mostly now with a couple different mods and plan to taper down the nik once I lose a few more lbs.:) I still use the rpm40 and really like the mechlyfe rpm rba, much better restrictive draw and better flavor (and no leaks)but you have to know how to make and wick a coil and stuff. I preferred the nord 1.4 ohm mtl at 10 watt and for the rpm pod I liked the .3 ohm mesh mtl coils at aroun 10 watts also I think.[/QUOTE]

borno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2019
land of pleasant living
I think the leaking may be from the contacts pushing the coil a little on the side when the pod is clicked into place. Pulling the pod out just a touch seemed to help mine. The nord2 is worse for some reason. I got one free in a give-away and resorted to putting a really small loop of insulated wire in the bottom to keep the pod out a little. It should be fine whenever the spare rba coil shows up from fastech.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread