• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

We are the PIONEERS of what could be an amazing movement ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there will be a special group home or hospital if esmoking is bad....lol

Note: I will be in a looney bin if this happens, because people have paid me to get there

How do you join the US Esmokers? still learning the forum... don't see the option to join.

hi mel

go to your user control panel at the top of every pg on the forum. ie User CP at the top left hand corner of the forum toolbar next to FAQ. somewhere to the right on that pg is the option to join groups. also you might have to pull up the stats pg.

btw sannake is selling one of your penstyles to me as she ordered to many, still new in box. so i expect to be ordering spare parts in the near future.

yah think you might get some juice one of these days? not that your not doing enough w/spare atomisers and such.

Ta Ta

Last edited:

PuFnStuf

Oct 10, 2008
Phoenix AZ USA
I decided to be the guinea pig for my office on the ecig. We heard about it on the radio, and since its an office thats about 85% smokers, it caught the attention of quite a few of us. Not only just for being able to smoke in the office, but just for the fact that we can save our lungs, and some money, and not smell like an ash tray all the time. Still waiting for the package, but I have a feeling there are gonna be quite a few people vaping at my office in the near future.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Good luck. When I got my first e-pipe, I took it to the office and gave endless demonstrations. The bosses didn't favor or ban it, so I used it when I felt I needed to. Some co-workers were interested until learning the price; some sneered at "Bob's new pretend-smoking toy". Non-smokers literally sneered at me in disgust when I exhaled vapor. And, like DevilFish has noted, I felt stupid outside with real smokers. So I lost enjoyable time with my friends by e-smoking at my desk.

I soon took up smoking a real pipe (while never stopping use of the e-smoking devices I was accumulating) so I could sit outside with my friends and not be perceived as an e-weirdo. I still smoke three or four pipefuls a day, and love the taste and smell of high-quality pipe tobacco. I still e-smoke all day while inside.

Let us know how your office reacts. Mixed, I bet.

PuFnStuf

Oct 10, 2008
Phoenix AZ USA
I've already had plenty of good reactions from co-workers that I've told about my purchase. I have a VERY open-minded atmosphere at work, and the manager has already ok'ed the use of it. The owner, however, has not been told (as of my knowledge) yet, but we've been pressing him to open a smokers office for all the smokers that want to be able to work through the whole day as opposed to taking cig-breaks. He of course likes the idea of us spending more time making money for him, but has voiced his opinions on not wanting to have a smokers suite. I figure this is a happy medium, and I'm quite positive he will embrace the concept.
The only people I'm worried about are the non-smokers of the office, which are few, having a preconceived notion of it being wrong. However I think a demonstration and conversation of the matter over a few beers will lead them in the right direction.
So far most that I've told of the idea have stated that if it is all it's cracked up to be that they will soon make a purchase of their own.

And my parents, who have not liked my 14 year old habit, are more than pleased with the idea.

So far, I see many positive points of the ecig, and not really any true negative points about it when compared to regular cigarettes. I think this is gonna catch on like wildfire, and am happy to be the guinea pig for my circle of acquaintances.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I really want to share this miracle with other smokers, but I'm a bit hesitant because I don't want to recommend a product that doesn't last. I've been e-smoking for over 3 months now and have 5 different e-cigs. I've had to get replacement atomizers a few times and just recently replacement batteries.

This can be a problem if you're dealing with another country, like China. If you're willing to wait for delivery, take the chance with it getting stuck in customs, and just buy new parts for replacement, then go for it. They're prices are good, but sometimes they arrive DOA, or so I've heard. Just be prepared for these kinds of things to happen.

But when you recommend an e-cig I feel you need to tell the whole story after the honeymoon is over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hooked on e-smoking. But I have concluded that I will only buy from a US supplier, because I live in the US. And if it doesn't come with a warranty, I'll expect to pay for new pieces and parts after 1 - 3 months' of use.

I wish you the best in your e-cig adventure.

jpschwan

Nov 24, 2008
Ashland, OH, USA
i am currently waiting for my first order to arrive from Steve at Puresmoker [not for very long, from what I've read]...

i am glad to be able to make this change, for myself, and, well....for MY guinea pig.

see, i am a pretty heavy smoker, and the only place in our apt. where the guinea pig cage will fit is in the same space as the computer. and lately i've noticed that if i smoke more than 2 cigs in an hour, the little guy starts coughing!!! I used to turn a fan on to kind of dissipate it, but now that it's the dead of winter, I don't feel like websurfing with 2 parkas and a blanket on :)

ok and i will admit i'm doing it for my baby, too [due next July!], and my wife is pretty pleased by the idea too.

and i must agree with Puf, this IS going to catch on like wildfire, and will be happy to help.

i hope someday in the future, when it is finally proven that this is completely safe and healthy, that people will come to accept e-smoking in public and private establishments. maybe instead of health insurance giving lower rates to non-smokers, they could give lower rates to e-smokers, too!

I'm just so excited to make the switch!!

equazcion

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2008
New York City, USA
I'm reeeally excited about this switch too. I tried one of those ridiculously overpriced "smoking everywhere" cigs at the mall and was amazed (luckily didn't buy one there).

Due to some of my own blunders I ended up receiving a USB passthrough battery, a car charger, and a sampler of Johnson Creek liquid.... all before I even have my first actual e-cig. I'm going nuts. I want to just pour the liquid in a pan, boil it and inhale.

I've got a 401 on the way from China as well as a pen-style from Puresmoker. I think think they'll both be here tomorrow. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I long for the day when we can all hopefully stroll down to 7/11 and buy this stuff on a whim.

Just had to get that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread