"we can, we must, we will make tobacco obsolete" ( Attila Danko )

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
Well done Lessifer, read through your transcript rather than watch the video. I'm continually amazed why more front line health care professionals don't admit that vaping has obvious benefits in reducing the overall consumption of tobacco and with that, the reduced health risks which naturally follow. If more doctors/medical practitioners took this common sense approach and made it known, I think that would do more to help our "cause" than most other avenues, politicians might be forced into to taking notice if more in the health care system took the neccessary action to help save smokers lives, politicians can simply ignore their electorate, were only the ones who put up with their crap and keep them in their well paid jobs after all

NYNURSE

Jun 10, 2015
Rye, N.Y.
Well done Lessifer, read through your transcript rather than watch the video. I'm continually amazed why more front line health care professionals don't admit that vaping has obvious benefits in reducing the overall consumption of tobacco and with that, the reduced health risks which naturally follow. If more doctors/medical practitioners took this common sense approach and made it known, I think that would do more to help our "cause" than most other avenues, politicians might be forced into to taking notice if more in the health care system took the neccessary action to help save smokers lives, politicians can simply ignore their electorate, were only the ones who put up with their crap and keep them in their well paid jobs after all

Speaking from the US, Vaping has been equated with tobacco. Basicly something to be avoided and discouraged. Encouraging or or even condoning vaping would be a violation of policy or accepted practice. If I were to recommend vaping to a patient, it would be in private and hush-hush. I do it, but I am in the minority.
Long story short, Hospitals get funding. The people with the money say vaping is off limits. If you want the funding, stay away from vaping. Health care is a business, it's not about your health and it's not about your care.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Health care is a business, it's not about your health and it's not about your care.
After being relatively healthy most of my life, then having multiple life-threatening and/or debilitating illnesses and diseases in the last few years, I have learned a lot about the "health care business" in a short time - and don't like what I've learned. Sad. Frustrating. Maddening.

Reactions: Lessifer

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Wow - thanks for transcribing I much prefer to read than listen... nice tidbits of info in there!

Same here! It's impossible to get as much from audio/video as one can get from reading!

I guess it's the new Illiteracy. :facepalm:

Andria

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Same here! It's impossible to get as much from audio/video as one can get from reading!

I guess it's the new Illiteracy. :facepalm:

Andria
Off topic, but I think you'll appreciate this Andria.

I still have a copy of The Fort Worth Star Telegram somewhere - printed in the early 90s - HUGE headline said "HELP STAMP OUT LITERACY" lol They issued a correction the next day of course, but that headline was gold.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Off topic, but I think you'll appreciate this Andria.

I still have a copy of The Fort Worth Star Telegram somewhere - printed in the early 90s - HUGE headline said "HELP STAMP OUT LITERACY" lol They issued a correction the next day of course, but that headline was gold.

ROFL!!! I just hope this video fad will pass eventually. Written text has been around for thousands of years for good reason -- it's useful! You can go back to any part and read it again, or slow your speed for something technical that you need to grasp, or leave a bookmark to be able to pick up where you left off. Video will never be as easy and useful as written text -- you also don't have to try and decipher impenetrable accents, in reading.

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
ROFL!!! I just hope this video fad will pass eventually. Written text has been around for thousands of years for good reason -- it's useful! You can go back to any part and read it again, or slow your speed for something technical that you need to grasp, or leave a bookmark to be able to pick up where you left off. Video will never be as easy and useful as written text -- you also don't have to try and decipher impenetrable accents, in reading.
While I agree with all of that completely, you left out the most important part.
Being able to skim, and skip all the parts that are irrelevant.

And with the few videos I have bothered to click on in my life...
That would be about 50% of the content...
:laugh:

In fact, I changed my settings so plugins do not load or play automatically.
If there is any video content on any webpage, I have to right click it to load and play.

My webpages load SO much faster now!
:)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
While I agree with all of that completely, you left out the most important part.
Being able to skim, and skip all the parts that are irrelevant.

And with the few videos I have bothered to click on in my life...
That would be about 50% of the content...
:laugh:

In fact, I changed my settings so plugins do not load or play automatically.
If there is any video content on any webpage, I have to right click it to load and play.

My webpages load SO much faster now!
:)

Geez, that part about 'irrelevant' is so true... I wish that was possible with 99.999% of vaping videos I've watched! I don't want to watch them vape! That's also why I'll never watch another Tripper video; he seems to EXCEL in 'totally irrelevant'! Reading something written also usually means a total absence of "uh" every other word! :facepalm:

I *think* my settings are also set not to play "onLoad" but some webpages seem to disregard it -- especially news sites. :facepalm:

I often stay up very late, 4am and such... I do not want to open a webpage and have some idiot or his theme music BLASTING out when my husband is trying to sleep! He may be half-deaf but geez, that kind of crap startles ME! With my old PC, I really couldn't watch any videos very effectively, due to low video RAM; my new computer handles video effortlessly, but I still don't like 'em; gimme written text any day of the week! For me to really ENJOY a video, there better be cats, comedy, or great music! :D (the first 2 are a natural pairing -- if there are cats, there's almost certainly comedy!)

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread