Weak diamond manual battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

blight231

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Oregon
I really need some help. Just ordered a Diamond manual and it seems about half the strength of any other batt I have. I can make a video demonstrating. I've done all the usual stuff ( posts , change carts, clean etc ) and to no avail. I really like this battery too it looks sweet ! I would almost be willing to mail it to someody like that morandir guy to see if he can figure out whats wrong with it so i dont go through this again. Has anybody else struggled with this same thing ?

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
I really need some help. Just ordered a Diamond manual and it seems about half the strength of any other batt I have. I can make a video demonstrating. I've done all the usual stuff ( posts , change carts, clean etc ) and to no avail. I really like this battery too it looks sweet ! I would almost be willing to mail it to someody like that morandir guy to see if he can figure out whats wrong with it so i dont go through this again. Has anybody else struggled with this same thing ?

I ordered two purple AUTO Diamonds; one works great, one is extremely weak, it's definitely a dud. I have to pull so hard I get lightheaded and cheeks hurt...that, my friends, is a dud. Support ticket opened yesterday, no reply yet.

Last edited:

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
Well..........now you have us curious Kittypie! So I have to ask just 2 questions even though I know you are going to exchange it. Does the carto screw all the way down like cartos do on your other batteries? What type of Carto are using?

Yep, the cartos screw in just fine. I'm using Cool Carts.

P.S. Snow, I think I've finally got the hang of my Slim Charger (crosses fingers, hopes kitty's not jinxing self) :) and the Stealths I got yesterday fit in it just fine. I think I'll recommend the Slim Charger to our new convert after all.

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
:thumbs: Glad to hear it Kittypie! :thumbs:

Hearing about these "dud" Autos is a little disconcerting because the descriptions given all seem to point to a bad post connection. Of course, it could always be something else and I must admit I haven't ordered any Auto Diamond Batts for a couple of month as mine never seem to die.

If a return isn't requested I know either Morandir or I would love to get our hands on one that is having an issue.

:2cool:

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
I would almost be willing to mail it to someody like that morandir guy to see if he can figure out whats wrong with it so i dont go through this again.

Woke up in a bad mood today, so maybe that's why the tone of this post ticks me off. First, "that morandir guy" is a respected member here with a name. But more importantly, he's too helpful to say no, but why on earth would you expect someone to accommodate your own 'willingness' to send the batt out so that you 'don't have to go through this again'? And even without a polite request? All me-me-me, man.

Blight, try opening a V4L support ticket if nothing else here works for you. I think I'm going back to bed now.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
And how Snow sir. :)

Really wish I could explain why the fix works. Don't think it's a connection issue between the post and carto because the led won't even activate without a really hard draw. There's nothing blocking airflow from what I can tell. Pulling the post up to the thread collar resets it, just can't explain the why. At least there's a fix. :)

Jeffree sir hope your day improves. :)

plarkinjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Texas
www.facebook.com
And how Snow sir. :)

Really wish I could explain why the fix works. Don't think it's a connection issue between the post and carto because the led won't even activate without a really hard draw. There's nothing blocking airflow from what I can tell. Pulling the post up to the thread collar resets it, just can't explain the why. At least there's a fix. :)

Jeffree sir hope your day improves. :)

Found this video, and seems to explain same operation, and why it works.

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Blight sir, possibly ran into your issue last night. Had a gold with red led regular manual king diamond that didn't hit at all like it should have. It had been charged the previous night, was using a wow carto at 2.2ohms filled with gunslinger 24mg. Hooked it up to the multimeter, voltage output read as 3.71v. Hooked it back up to the slim charger to make sure it had charged and according to it, yes it had. Tested it at off load voltage, said it was at 4.21v, once load was applied again, 3.71v. Spent the next few hours trying to figure out a fix. First move was the press the button 5 times with load repeatedly. Didn't work. Step 2 was to repeat the process without load. Again didn't work. I put the battery back on the charger, waited 5 minutes, then repeated the button pressing again without load. Attatched said carto, fired it, and it read it's expected 4.194v. Have no idea what caused it, and so far it's the only batt that has done it. It's twin hasn't shown this issue through 21 charges so far, this one showed it on it's 18th charge. Can't verify it's a fix or not because I only had one instance of it, and listed all the steps taken because it could be only the last step that caused it to work, or all of them combined. Will keep an eye on the issue and report any further findings as they come...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread