Weak hitting mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Yes if you excede the CDR of the cell and build extremely low you can somewhat compensate for the ramp up lag due to the extra metal mass.

But think about that for a minute.

That's alot of concession to force an inefficient coil to work properly.
;)
Or at least, thats my perspective.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Yes if you excede the CDR of the cell and build extremely low you can somewhat compensate for the ramp up lag due to the extra metal mass.

But think about that for a minute.

That's alot of concession to force an inefficient coil to work properly.
;)
Or at least, thats my perspective.

Ya I def build for max not CDR but I do build low wether simple coil or what ever I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
The thing about building super low to use claptons on a single cell mech is battery life tends to drop to unacceptable levels.
And ultra low builds can damage the cell.
Obviously that's when we start stepping up to multi-cell mechs, which is another ballgame.

Alot of these new attys beg to be built low, but IMHO those builds aren't suitable for a single cell mech.
They require too much compromise.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Hey everyone, I need some advice on my mech mod. The issue is that I'm barely getting any vape and flavor and I don't know what the issue is. I'm running the Govad rda with "The Bandit" mech mod. I'm using a single 4 wrap Clapton coil running at .23 ohms. I'm also using the basic brown 18650 battery. Please help me figure out why I'm not getting a lot of power.

if you have a multimeter (and if you are into mechs get one, they are dirt cheap) you could build a quick 1 ohm coil on that mod / rda / battery combo. If you dont get above 3.85V (and that's generous) that setup wont be any good below .4 ohms

I know there are other great batteries out there but I personally use only sony VCT5 / 6 off rtdvapor. dont know what a basic brown battery is.

a good build that will ramp up quick is 2 parallels strands of nicrhome or SS, 5 wraps on a 3mm bit. That comes to about .15'ish ohm.

The lowest I use is the same as above but with 24g nichrome or SS, that's below .1 ohms. sometimes I do clapton that with 36 or 28g wire

that's something else about claptop, what gauge are you using for the clapton wire? 30/32 will take longer to heat up than 36/38/40 by quite a bit

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
Not real mech but unregulated none the less

6e3f90b397f2d4221f326963e1b7aa16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bad Ninja
Status
Not open for further replies.