Weak performance from VapeDroid C1D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So lately i have noticed a marked decline in the vape quality of my droid. Close to 3 weeks ago i began to find the TC to be increasingly weak and a marked decline in flavor from my ADV. In wattage mode it is fine, both for my tootlepuffer setups and my big air tanks; but TC has left me wanting.

I had wondered if perhaps the internal resistance had changed or possibly some other tomfoolery. but on 2 separate occasions the device analyzer results showed it to be working as it had previously.

I have tested this with different batteries and even another DNA75, the other mod having much better TC performance but being heavier than the droid. my builds have not changed, consistantly coming out to .4-.6 ohm 26awg ss316l builds. I normally vape this build between 360 and 375F, but have had to vape this at below 355F because it started burning both the juice and cotton. i have re-run the case analyzer this evening, but my current build is now weak and under-powered feeling. current build is a 28awg T1 @.24ohm.

i am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience lately or if maybe i just need to retire this mod for tc and get a new 75c.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't have that mod, but it sounds like something electrical going on and you seem to have tested it pretty thoroughly. I don't know how good you are with electronics but you could try taking a look for any obvious suspects, like a lose wire somewhere, IDK. If your mod is out of warranty and you really love it, could contact the board maker and get an estimate on repair/replacement. It never hurts to ask, and some manufacturers will repair a product (sometimes even for free, like with the Jac B, for example) without any charge.

So it just never hurts to ask about it. I hope you get the situation resolved. Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: Heartsdelight

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
it would, but i bought it in december of 2016.....
Contact Evolv.
I had an HCigar that was way out of warranty, did the same thing as yours.
Opened a ticket on their website, got an RMA number, less than a week to them back to me.
Paid shipping to Evolv. Nothing more.

It's another reason that I will buy DNA vs other chips.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
316 SS isn't a very good TC wire for the DNA in general! Many have complained about the Anemic hit syndrome you are experiencing :( If indeed the atomizer analyzer in E-Scribe does not show a difference in resistance, it could very well just be your choice of wire :(
All thou it can very easily be caused by resistance fluctuation!
I would highly recommend SS430 instead for TC vaping on the DNA boards :)

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
316 SS isn't a very good TC wire for the DNA in general! Many have complained about the Anemic hit syndrome you are experiencing :( If indeed the atomizer analyzer in E-Scribe does not show a difference in resistance, it could very well just be your choice of wire :(
All thou it can very easily be caused by resistance fluctuation!
I would highly recommend SS430 instead for TC vaping on the DNA boards :)
this is very true i got a few dna 75 devices and is the same thing with them when you vape on SS316 some times work like a champ and some times suck im trying diferent wires now and it works much better

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
this is very true i got a few dna 75 devices and is the same thing with them when you vape on SS316 some times work like a champ and some times suck im trying diferent wires now and it works much better

That is really strange, all i use all day every day is SS316 L in TC on 4 DNA 60’s and 3 DNA 75’s. Flawless all the time for nearly two years. Do you slightly space the coils? Also what brand wire? All i use is Temco.

Reactions: stols001

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
That is really strange, all i use all day every day is SS316 L in TC on 4 DNA 60’s and 3 DNA 75’s. Flawless all the time for nearly two years. Do you slightly space the coils? Also what brand wire? All i use is Temco.

Individual results may very, like yours. But it's very common to have problems in TC with 316 SS on DNA's

• Useful

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
i space them and im using UD 316l 26G

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
This is an interesting conversation because today was the 1st day I tried out the TC on a Therion DNA 75C. I’m using a 26g 316L spaced 6 wrap at .44 and I was startled at how “lame” the vape was especially compared to the same build on a q mini and Revenger X.

I decided to just use it on wattage for the moment since I didn’t have time to fiddle with it today. But I bought the darn thing specifically because of the DNA tc.

Unfortunately I don’t have any ss430 atm to test this out.

Kind of disappointing tbh.

• Optimistic

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
This is an interesting conversation because today was the 1st day I tried out the TC on a Therion DNA 75C. I’m using a 26g 316L spaced 6 wrap at .44 and I was startled at how “lame” the vape was especially compared to the same build on a q mini and Revenger X.

I decided to just use it on wattage for the moment since I didn’t have time to fiddle with it today. But I bought the darn thing specifically because of the DNA tc.

Unfortunately I don’t have any ss430 atm to test this out.

Kind of disappointing tbh.
well you are lucky cause you could have replay on the 75 C

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017

what tcr are using i want try it to see if maybe is my wire or profile as i said before im using 316l from UD at 26 g i have hear a lot of people having succes with 316 L but with the wire im using some times is great and some times it suck i havent quit TC and maybe is the crappy wire that im using as is super cheap

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Evolve states only 10% of their customers use tc maybe because it doesn’t work well for the other 90% lol
You can go to Steam Engine Site & make an accurate TCR file for your wire.
Then just import it to E-Scribe :)

Can you just go into the mod itself to do this like on the Yihi? I don’t have the software downloaded yet.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I just did a google search of DNA ss316 issues and come up with pages of hits. I’m ...... off because all you hear about is DNA this & DNA that. Hell my $25 Exus Ark does TC better than this thing. What a waste of money.

No, it doesn't.
Had one of those for a day or two before sending it back.

There are workarounds for using SS316(L) with the DNA. Since I am not in love with 316, I went with 430 which works perfectly. I also have some NiFe52 that works excellent, but stick with the 430.
SS316 always seems to cause trouble on any mod. Review a few 'Help TC No Good On My XXX Mod' threads. Invariably it is 316 and someone posts a TCR workaround value for that wire and mod. Generally higher TCR 'fixes' them.

As I said, no interest in workarounds when there is material that performs perfectly for me.

Of course, I roll my own. If I wanted to vape a factory coil, I'd have to investigate the fixes.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hell my $25 Exus Ark does TC better than this thing.
No it dose Not! Not actually, TC takes a bit of work on the users part.
Get the correct wire & thing will be great!
You can get SS430 from FT for Cheap!
I'm using this $2.36 Authentic GeekVape SS430 Heating Wire - 24 AWG / 0.5mm dia. / 0.91ohm/ft / 30ft at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping & it's working fine :)

Can you just go into the mod itself to do this like on the Yihi? I don’t have the software downloaded yet.

The board comes preloaded with some wire types, you can use right out of the setting's menu
But to get a more precise TCR specifically for you build, Steam Engine is better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread