Weak performance from VapeDroid C1D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
So lately i have noticed a marked decline in the vape quality of my droid. Close to 3 weeks ago i began to find the TC to be increasingly weak and a marked decline in flavor from my ADV. In wattage mode it is fine, both for my tootlepuffer setups and my big air tanks; but TC has left me wanting.

I had wondered if perhaps the internal resistance had changed or possibly some other tomfoolery. but on 2 separate occasions the device analyzer results showed it to be working as it had previously.

I have tested this with different batteries and even another DNA75, the other mod having much better TC performance but being heavier than the droid. my builds have not changed, consistantly coming out to .4-.6 ohm 26awg ss316l builds. I normally vape this build between 360 and 375F, but have had to vape this at below 355F because it started burning both the juice and cotton. i have re-run the case analyzer this evening, but my current build is now weak and under-powered feeling. current build is a 28awg T1 @.24ohm.

i am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience lately or if maybe i just need to retire this mod for tc and get a new 75c.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
316 SS isn't a very good TC wire for the DNA in general! Many have complained about the Anemic hit syndrome you are experiencing :( If indeed the atomizer analyzer in E-Scribe does not show a difference in resistance, it could very well just be your choice of wire :(
All thou it can very easily be caused by resistance fluctuation!
I would highly recommend SS430 instead for TC vaping on the DNA boards :)

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
316 SS isn't a very good TC wire for the DNA in general! Many have complained about the Anemic hit syndrome you are experiencing :( If indeed the atomizer analyzer in E-Scribe does not show a difference in resistance, it could very well just be your choice of wire :(
All thou it can very easily be caused by resistance fluctuation!
I would highly recommend SS430 instead for TC vaping on the DNA boards :)
this is very true i got a few dna 75 devices and is the same thing with them when you vape on SS316 some times work like a champ and some times suck im trying diferent wires now and it works much better

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Hell my $25 Exus Ark does TC better than this thing.
No it dose Not! Not actually, TC takes a bit of work on the users part.
Get the correct wire & thing will be great!
You can get SS430 from FT for Cheap!
I'm using this $2.36 Authentic GeekVape SS430 Heating Wire - 24 AWG / 0.5mm dia. / 0.91ohm/ft / 30ft at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping & it's working fine :)

Can you just go into the mod itself to do this like on the Yihi? I don’t have the software downloaded yet.

The board comes preloaded with some wire types, you can use right out of the setting's menu
But to get a more precise TCR specifically for you build, Steam Engine is better :)

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
When I say 'Case Thermals', I mean running the multi-hour test that sets temperature related values on the mod.
I've never had a DNA mod that the thermals were correct out of the box and all of them benefited from running the test. Not a 'Wow what a difference!', but a difference in my vaping anyway.

For the mod resistance, running the test on 200/250 devices is next to impossible now as the resistance reads zero after a low figure is detected. It can be done, but not as easily as before when you could just screw in a copper plug and get the value.

Running the case thermals is one of the two things I'd say is a requirement for the best TC experience. The other is to get quality material. Temco and Zivipf are the two who I have always gotten the material I ordered. Others are not reliable. Yeah, I know, you have a perfect vape with your (fill in the blank) wire. Good for you. I find it hard to believe having received wire that wasn't the material it was supposed to be from several name vendors before deciding to stick with those two.

I also vape single wire spaced coils. Tried fancier coils, never found enough positive difference to make up for the negatives with them.

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
it would, but i bought it in december of 2016.....
Contact Evolv.
I had an HCigar that was way out of warranty, did the same thing as yours.
Opened a ticket on their website, got an RMA number, less than a week to them back to me.
Paid shipping to Evolv. Nothing more.

It's another reason that I will buy DNA vs other chips.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
This is an interesting conversation because today was the 1st day I tried out the TC on a Therion DNA 75C. I’m using a 26g 316L spaced 6 wrap at .44 and I was startled at how “lame” the vape was especially compared to the same build on a q mini and Revenger X.

I decided to just use it on wattage for the moment since I didn’t have time to fiddle with it today. But I bought the darn thing specifically because of the DNA tc.

Unfortunately I don’t have any ss430 atm to test this out.

Kind of disappointing tbh.
well you are lucky cause you could have replay on the 75 C

Sent from my X522 using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
I just did a google search of DNA ss316 issues and come up with pages of hits. I’m ...... off because all you hear about is DNA this & DNA that. Hell my $25 Exus Ark does TC better than this thing. What a waste of money.

No, it doesn't.
Had one of those for a day or two before sending it back.

There are workarounds for using SS316(L) with the DNA. Since I am not in love with 316, I went with 430 which works perfectly. I also have some NiFe52 that works excellent, but stick with the 430.
SS316 always seems to cause trouble on any mod. Review a few 'Help TC No Good On My XXX Mod' threads. Invariably it is 316 and someone posts a TCR workaround value for that wire and mod. Generally higher TCR 'fixes' them.

As I said, no interest in workarounds when there is material that performs perfectly for me.

Of course, I roll my own. If I wanted to vape a factory coil, I'd have to investigate the fixes.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Evolve states only 10% of their customers use tc maybe because it doesn’t work well for the other 90% lol

Can you just go into the mod itself to do this like on the Yihi? I don’t have the software downloaded yet.

Nope. If it isn't factory default material, it has to be loaded.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
So I’ve got 50ft of 316l that the DNA can’t read correctly but all my other mods so I should use only 430 ss so I can use tc in an “elite” chip and I can only configure that in a PC program.

Right. Major buyer remorse at this point.

It may be on the For Sale forum soon unless I can get the seller to take it back.

Sounds like you'll be happier with the other mods.
Accurate TC isn't and has never been 'plug & play'.
Given known material (SS is an alloy and there are a lot of 316, 430, 304 that just aren't) and a good mod, I've never had a problem. Though my learning curve was steep, it was worth it once I had the right material and found where I like to vape.

Best of luck with the new Joyetech!

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Last info on 316 from me.
Try the material profiles in this link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HOFziqSb1pyN_FhciuG2-k4BY3pWsnhX

I'm assumimg you've run the case analyzer and have a good value for the mod resistance.
There in lies the problem for many users. Very few user actually perform this function. Probably less then 5% of dna owners actually perform the case analyzer and probably do not own a plug that would perform the function. Still that is more an issue with comparing performance for one dna mod to another. It is still possible to adjust a single dna to perform well in tc without that test as long as the value is set to zero. If the value comes from the factory set to some wildly improper number then all bets are off.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I agree with that but i bought a copper plug and ran it and adjusted all my DNA mods. One of my lost vapes the setting came out to 0.004. This works fine but if I reset it to the default 0 the difference is very minimal in vape quality. Maybe on different DNA mods this is more important if the resistance setting is a greater value ?
If the difference is down to the third decimal place then it is basically of no importance.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I own this same mod. I also have a Lost Vape dna75. The Vape Droid mod comes without any setup in the software. I had very much the same problem as the op the first time I went to use it. I only bought it cause it was a dna mod at a low bargain price. I had to use Escribe to go through and do a complete setup to get it working. There is no way we are going to be able to give all that advice to the op in this thread. If you are so inclined you can watch videos on YouTube and read on the Escribe forum about how to do a complete setup on the dna75. Once I did that the mod functions just like my Lost Vape which came mostly already set up from the factory. There are lots of mods on the market much easier to use with tc but the end results may not be exactly the same. I own several mods and they all perform tc differently (some better some worse). I have two that are not even worth using in tc.

You can use your new dna mod in vw (wattage) mode and get a very good vape. Most report it is smoother even in wattage mode than most other mods. Many owners of dna mods never use the tc feature because it is just too complicated for them to bother. They just want to vape not hold a science lab. That is why Evolv is coming out with their Replay feature for their latest dna C version to solve this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread