Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Evolve states only 10% of their customers use tc maybe because it doesn’t work well for the other 90% lol

Can you just go into the mod itself to do this like on the Yihi? I don’t have the software downloaded yet.

Nope. If it isn't factory default material, it has to be loaded.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So I’ve got 50ft of 316l that the dna can’t read correctly but all my other mods so I should use only 430 ss so I can use tc in an “elite” chip and I can only configure that in a PC program.

Right. Major buyer remorse at this point.

It may be on the For Sale forum soon unless I can get the seller to take it back.

Reactions: stols001

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
So I’ve got 50ft of 316l that the DNA can’t read correctly but all my other mods so I should use only 430 ss so I can use tc in an “elite” chip and I can only configure that in a PC program.

It may be on the For Sale forum soon unless I can get the seller to take it back.

Sounds like you'll be happier with the other mods.
Accurate TC isn't and has never been 'plug & play'.
Given known material (SS is an alloy and there are a lot of 316, 430, 304 that just aren't) and a good mod, I've never had a problem. Though my learning curve was steep, it was worth it once I had the right material and found where I like to vape.

Best of luck with the new Joyetech!

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
So I’ve got 50ft of 316l that the DNA can’t read correctly but all my other mods so I should use only 430 ss so I can use tc in an “elite” chip and I can only configure that in a PC program.

remember this there is a lot of wire around made differently and you got the option to make it work with the DNA chips that's one of the things that make it elite you can't do that on other cheap chips around as i said before i have issues with SS but i have never fail with other wires lik NI and TI and as i stated before "maybe" the issue is on my side with my tcr and my ....ty wire....... btw wich is the wire that did you get ?

Last edited:
  • Useful

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada

Thats a poor attitude :(
Do you know Why I use a DNA & TC, Accurate TC? Cause @ around 470 degrees the toxins in E-Liquid Sky rocket! If your TC board is Not accurate, you mite as well not even use TC!
If you want a Safe TC vape, do what you have to to get it! Or Don't!
You can all ways twist up the 316 & use it in watts mode.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Last info on 316 from me.
Try the material profiles in this link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HOFziqSb1pyN_FhciuG2-k4BY3pWsnhX

I'm assumimg you've run the case analyzer and have a good value for the mod resistance.
There in lies the problem for many users. Very few user actually perform this function. Probably less then 5% of dna owners actually perform the case analyzer and probably do not own a plug that would perform the function. Still that is more an issue with comparing performance for one dna mod to another. It is still possible to adjust a single dna to perform well in tc without that test as long as the value is set to zero. If the value comes from the factory set to some wildly improper number then all bets are off.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
There in lies the problem for many users. Very few user actually perform this function. Probably less then 5% of dna owners actually perform the case analyzer and probably do not own a plug that would perform the function. Still that is more an issue with comparing performance for one dna mod to another. It is still possible to adjust a single dna to perform well in tc without that test as long as the value is set to zero. If the value comes from the factory set to some wildly improper number then all bets are off.
I agree with that but i bought a copper plug and ran it and adjusted all my DNA mods. One of my lost vapes the setting came out to 0.004. This works fine but if I reset it to the default 0 the difference is very minimal in vape quality. Maybe on different DNA mods this is more important if the resistance setting is a greater value ?

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I agree with that but i bought a copper plug and ran it and adjusted all my DNA mods. One of my lost vapes the setting came out to 0.004. This works fine but if I reset it to the default 0 the difference is very minimal in vape quality. Maybe on different DNA mods this is more important if the resistance setting is a greater value ?
If the difference is down to the third decimal place then it is basically of no importance.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
If the difference is down to the third decimal place then it is basically of no importance.
I think out of all seven i ran the test on the lowest was 0.004 the highest was 0.011, and that was only one of them. The other six between 0.004 and 0.008. They all read the same exact ohms and work perfectly.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
To overcome an anemic vape using some 316L SS wire I have had to override the ohms and increase them until satisfactory results are achieved.
Of course you could use different/custom TCR's, I've experimented with 316L using a 430 TCR. My point being 316L wire is all over the board in composition especially Chinesium wire. I have had no problem as was stated by another with Temco wire

• Useful

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
While i'm not averse to using a different SS wire alloy, the issue is compounded by the fact that all TC is currently anemic and weak. the T1 build has been run all the way up to 400F and only managed to make the juice taste like crap. i contacted evolv and they did suggest copying the stock profile from my VT75 to see if its the software, we will see if that makes a difference when i get home from work.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
I own this same mod. I also have a Lost Vape dna75. The Vape Droid mod comes without any setup in the software. I had very much the same problem as the op the first time I went to use it. I only bought it cause it was a dna mod at a low bargain price. I had to use Escribe to go through and do a complete setup to get it working. There is no way we are going to be able to give all that advice to the op in this thread. If you are so inclined you can watch videos on YouTube and read on the Escribe forum about how to do a complete setup on the dna75. Once I did that the mod functions just like my Lost Vape which came mostly already set up from the factory. There are lots of mods on the market much easier to use with tc but the end results may not be exactly the same. I own several mods and they all perform tc differently (some better some worse). I have two that are not even worth using in tc.

You can use your new dna mod in vw (wattage) mode and get a very good vape. Most report it is smoother even in wattage mode than most other mods. Many owners of dna mods never use the tc feature because it is just too complicated for them to bother. They just want to vape not hold a science lab. That is why Evolv is coming out with their Replay feature for their latest dna C version to solve this problem.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
When I say 'Case Thermals', I mean running the multi-hour test that sets temperature related values on the mod.
I've never had a DNA mod that the thermals were correct out of the box and all of them benefited from running the test. Not a 'Wow what a difference!', but a difference in my vaping anyway.

For the mod resistance, running the test on 200/250 devices is next to impossible now as the resistance reads zero after a low figure is detected. It can be done, but not as easily as before when you could just screw in a copper plug and get the value.

Running the case thermals is one of the two things I'd say is a requirement for the best TC experience. The other is to get quality material. Temco and Zivipf are the two who I have always gotten the material I ordered. Others are not reliable. Yeah, I know, you have a perfect vape with your (fill in the blank) wire. Good for you. I find it hard to believe having received wire that wasn't the material it was supposed to be from several name vendors before deciding to stick with those two.

I also vape single wire spaced coils. Tried fancier coils, never found enough positive difference to make up for the negatives with them.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Fidola13 , I don't have a ton of DNA mods, but I will say in some cases and with some wires, it's probably easier to get a great vape from the start in some ways due to their lack of precision. Depending on what type of vape you want and what wire you are using, you may need to include some different steps to get it set up and vaping to your liking. Since DNA mods are more precise, it does offer you the option of using other types of wire, such as titanium, more safely. If you dont' want to do that, it will involve some tweaking on your part (possibly build, or downloading more firmware and etc.)

I wouldn't give up yet, though. You've gotten some good advice, and I would suggest following it and seeing if you can make the mod work for you, prior to selling it. (Which, if you must, at least you will probably get a good price for the vape, I'd say).

How does it vape for you in wattage mode? That might be where I would start. If you are getting a vape you enjoy in wattage mode, I'm fairly confident that (with the right settings) that you should be able to achieve a good TC experience, it just may take some tweaking, and etc. The more precise the mod is, in some cases the harder it is to get a great experience right away, simply due to the more precise way it will be reading your coils.

Good luck. I started TC with a non-DNA mod (the steampunk nano, and it does a decent job). In many ways, it was somewhat easier than a non-DNA mod. I'd be unlikely to try some of the "more exotic" wires in TC mode on a non-DNA mod, though, as they do tend to be less precise. How much less, I'm not sure.

But, I'm pretty sure that you can find a build and setting that will get the job done for you. If not, maybe take it to a vape shop and see if they have pointers/ideas. If it's a knowledgeable vape shop and they tell you that your TC vape should be "better" than how it is performing, at that point I might start questioning if it's an issue that needs warrantied.... Although, I would only do that after following a lot of the advice you got on this thread.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Anna

Reactions: Steamer861
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread