Week Four - Fairly Satisfied

Status
Not open for further replies.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
As week four drew to a close there were a few notable events to recall, but the overall summary for the week is that I'm satisfied with vaping as an alternative to smoking.

I'm still using the eGo 1100mAh batteries with a 2.5ml DCT. They're best when freshly charged but, as with all other units tried earlier, the vapour production and flavour drops off fairly quickly from there. I'm hoping that the Lavatube Lambo will be better but until my batteries arrive this theory can't be tested.

I have three "all-day" vapes now: Juicy Vapors Pear, Dekang Cappuccino and an unidentified menthol mix that I may not be able to find again. The cappuccino has run out already, leaving me with two for the moment.

My sister-in-law has gone back to analogs for now until her eGo arrives, since the starter kit V9 batteries all died. I even gave her my spares, but they didn't last the distance either. Total life of that system was less than a month, so not much of an option. I'd expect any cig-alike starter kit to suffer the same fate and would never recommend them to anyone.

Other gear failures include two leaky DCT attys that I've taken out of service, and a DCT atty that blew one of its two coils. This still leaves me with nine complete DCTs, and I still have four 1100mAh eGo batteries in good condition. I'm a realist and don't expect this stuff to last forever, especially since I buy cheap items in bulk rather than high-priced stuff in small quantity.

In the past month I've saved $250 in cold, hard cash and avoided about 1,700 cigarettes. I'm feeling healthier, able to do hard physical work again - I've been installing split-system air conditioners with my brother all week - and have no intention or desire to smoke. Current juice supply should last me for at least another three months.

I've broken one of my eGo batteries in half on two occasions in the past week due to having it in the pocket of my shorts while climbing ladders and bending down. Fixing it was as simple as plugging it back together, it didn't even break a wire off.

haiqu

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Bundarra NSW
Wait, according to my math, which im not smart at math but, you used to smoke 3 packs a day?! That's insane bro. Glad you picked up ecigs.

Yeah, me too. It was actually 50 a day but a few weeks before I bought my first e-cig my usage jumped to 60 a day, nothing I could do was satisfying my need for nicotine. I have a feeling these things may have saved my life.

Finally got the batteries for my Lavatube today, awesome device!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Keep up the good work!

animated-fireworks.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread